Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And are able to party sober until 5am on a weeknight.
Was gonna say about that. In my mid twenties I knew plenty of midweek party people who could gonout till 5am snd still make it to work, but you guessed it, they weren't "sober" in any sense of the word šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ā„ā„ā„

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I would like people pick up on how dangerous her advice is. I would like this to happen before the book is given out at food banks. I think that there are enough people interested that the information will come out. The food blogger with 20,000 followers will notice it for a start. I would like Trussell Trust to wake up to their responsibilities. I think they should never have facilitated the distribution of Tin Can Cook, and would like to see enough light shed on this that they do not do the same with Thrifty Kitchen.
I did wonder who would be ultimately responsible for the content of the book. Jack or publisher, editors.
If itā€™s given out at a TT food bank and god forbid someone slices their hand open following her knife tip, I suspect it would be the TT who would have no win no fee lawyers knocking at their door and a whole heap of negative publicity. So itā€™s in their best interest to do like they did with the Tees - realise the tide has turned and back out of this.

ETA: I still personally believe they had approved the Tees (albeit maybe without checking the slogans) and when they saw the backlash, changed their mind on Jack.

Reactions: 36
Apologies I don't know where this will land, but I've been really enjoying treating my Old Harold (who hasn't LEFT yet) to some thrifty tips and seeing his reaction.

He's also been popo for 20+ years so good fun asking him about 'firm police advice', this is mostly met with swearing or 'that doesn't make SENSE'

Here Jack, some additional testimonials for your promo tweets courtesy of Mr C90...

Tuna tin egg ring - "horrific"

Knife strainer - *perplexed look followed by rubbing of temples* "no?!"

Knife & hammer tin opener - "you can't be serious"

Overall character analysis - "they clearly enjoy riding band wagons"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Aww, did Content cure her autistic sensory issues? That's so heartwarming and impossible!

šŸ„°
Hmmm my very autistic household keep pestering me for a dog but Iā€™m not keen knowing Iā€™ll be the one doing the work but if it means less screaming when itā€™s time to wash then maybe itā€™s a go-er

• Heart
Reactions: 36
E3650C5F-CAF8-4302-8B75-5B53CE72BB3D.jpeg
Harping back to previous mention of COSHH - her home isnā€™t a workplace (except when it is) but ironing superglue is never a good idea. Quick glance at the safety data sheet shows it gives off noxious vapours - respiratory irritant, heating it up might give you a double whammy. If anyone could be arsed to hem their rags, wondaweb or whatever itā€™s called is a safer bet. If you were on the bones of your arse, would you bother, would you have the time or funds to buy glue to do this?

Itā€™s a perpendicular travesty!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Omg! I had some friends (real life, not imaginary) over for lunch and i miss the entire Christmas chaos?
This mornings grunking is hilar, I was struck by this post. My (alcoholic) nan used to speak like this after a bottle or whiskey:

Me ā€œlovely day isnā€™t it nanā€
Nan ā€œyes but it will only be pissing it down tomorrowā€

Me ā€œyouā€™re looking well, nan!ā€
Nan ā€œwell, Iā€™ll be dead soonā€

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Can someone explain what or who ā€œMatt Glossā€ is, please? Iā€™ve missed something along the way and donā€™t understand the reference.
Matt Gloss is Jack's mate from the paint shop (possible new romantic partner). Matt Gloss as in paint (Matt or gloss) also works well because of Matt Goss from the band Bros.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Aww, did Content cure her autistic sensory issues? That's so heartwarming and impossible!

šŸ„°
Awwww, i love a good uplifting dog story. Saying that, If Jack had made the film ā€œMarley and Meā€ it would have just been called MEā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Is Pesky Blinders about gypsies/travellers? If so, this squig is absolutely right about how problematic Jack's cosplay is:

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 09.43.41.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't pick that up. I hope nobody took offence. I'm quite a jumpy person who is unfortunately married to Foghorn Leghorn- I jump when he laughs or sneezes unexpectedly.
Apologies if I caused offence ā™„
Not in the slightest because your example was an excellent one - I feel so sorry for your poor mum! I have ADHD (actual diagnosed) and I have the same reaction to unexpected or loud noises, a very physical startle or even occasional squeak of shock. Itā€™s a general ND thing too.

ETa just realised I have replied to wrong poster. I create my own chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1837403Harping back to previous mention of COSHH - her home isnā€™t a workplace (except when it is) but ironing superglue is never a good idea. Quick glance at the safety data sheet shows it gives off noxious vapours - respiratory irritant, heating it up might give you a double whammy. If anyone could be arsed to hem their rags, wondaweb or whatever itā€™s called is a safer bet. If you were on the bones of your arse, would you bother, would you have the time or funds to buy glue to do this?

Itā€™s a perpendicular travesty!
Activist Jack Monroe glues herself to a dishcloth. She is eventually released by members of the Essex Celebrity Squad

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.