Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning Jack 🤭
She's not even tagged in this reply so the "leave me alone" is a bit fuckin rich

View attachment 1837191
View attachment 1837189
View attachment 1837190
View attachment 1837194
View attachment 1837196

Good luck squig

View attachment 1837187
I didn't know the breakdown was back on. I thought we were on to living her best life with her massive group of mates who are helping her to recover. It's just lie on top of lie. No wonder she's so highly strung.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Jack plain lost the plot. We did a thread in 14 hours. Just go and read it, lots of ss, it'll be quicker. You may need to keep yesterday's jaw tape to hand if you have hard floors.
It was an amazing grunk. Was gutted to miss the screenshots of dangerous hacks in real time. How the duck she was actually allowed to get this thing published in the first place is quite scary. There's a global paper shortage, and no one thought to save a bit by not printing this is beyond me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I can't believe she's up and posting at 6am. Please Jack, give us some respite I beg of you.

ETA Good morning early birds and down underers!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Gutted I am back at work today. Just when she starts being fun Jack again .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
It must be exhausting being her. I mean that seriously. Lying and doing tit performatively 24/7. I'm convinced she'd be happier, healthier and less fucked up if she got a regular job.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
5am, she was posting at 5am!!!! The last time this happened was either when she had that fantastic 6 hour romp with Burger Boy or when she was advising people that gas came through radiator pipes. Or something 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 78
I guess her only ‘friends’ are people at all the AA meetings, the ones who have imaginary Sunday night parties and don’t eat the sober mince pies.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This reads like her attempt at a Here, My Dear. The deliberate inaccessibility of the text for Neurodiverse readers is more calculated than the customary refusal to use legible text on insta posts or Alt Text on anything. (One of my many roles has been to create learning resources and legal information for people who aren't necessarily highly literate, NT or who have a spiky profile on raw ability assessments, so I have frequently had to look at utter guff from people paid too much money and identify all the barriers they have put into their text and then rectify matters).

Apart from the colours being difficult to read for many, the way they're spread over the lines and different poorly differentiated colours for some inexplicable reason
It’s like she’s taken tips from Molly’s blog which is horribly formatted. I actually get pissed off whenever I look at it. For someone who tries to be so much of a people pleaser, you’d think she’d have made an accessible web page.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She is so tricksy. In HH2 which she cites here as saying she isn't poor, she wangs on about no shampoo and using solar lights.
With PayPal details attached 🤔
Can she begin to grasp why people might be confused?
I think at this point Jack is pathologically unable to reconcile her intention with HH2 versus how it was universally received
So all she can do is quadruple down

Reactions: 74
Thank you all for the recaps ❤

In the last thread @shugabug23 found a preview of Grifty Thrifty Kitchen, the fun starts here -

These book previews are usually around 10% of the book. But I’m sure Jack will prove us all wrong and, the other 90% will be life-changing.
I, for one, look forward to more top tips. "If you haven't got central heating or a fireplace, simply roll up some old glue-covered pillowcase-tea-towel créations and set fire to them in the middle of your living room!"

• Haha
Reactions: 72
She really is the definition of a gaslighter. Like, she makes you doubt reality, even when the written evidence is there for all to see. Imagine having to deal with her IRL 😱
I know. It is startling. Protesting 'I didn't say I was still poor. Where did I say that?' linking an essay she literally wrote about still being poor and having having no money at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
I know. It is startling. Protesting 'I didn't say I was still poor. Where did I say that?' linking an essay she literally wrote about still being poor and having having no money at all.
Why do you think being unable to afford shampoo, soap and haircuts for two years means I'm poor? I LIKE boiling soap for your information.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say that Jack and her enablers (publishers, journos, Nigella, et al) are what’s wrong with this world. And this book surely must be the pinnacle of this particular societal mountain of shite. We must have crested the wave of bollocks with this absolute shitshow?
When you’re poor, if you’re poor, you’re likely not buggering about making egg rings out of tuna cans. If you can buy sandpaper you can buy egg rings off Amazon, no? And if you have eggs, you’re bunging them in a pan of boiling water or frying them to shove between two bits of bread so you can grab a quick meal because you’re just in from a knackering shift at a manual job, or you’re grabbing something to eat before your next job starts.
And are you buggering about with making courgette bread or finding ways to make genuinely cheap meals that just involve the basics and are quick to make, like using tins of condensed soup mixed with microwave rice to make a meal that fills you up because frankly, you’re hungry, don’t have time to ponce about in the supermarket looking for various ingredients and you defo don’t have time to spend following a recipe created by some twit in her over-stocked chalet bungalow kitchen that doesn’t work anyway?
And just because you’re poor, doesn’t mean you’re thick. You can work out how to mash potatoes without a masher or fashion something into a cloth or drain a pan of water without needing ideas from a book written by some over-privileged, time-rich, pov-playing, soppy witch.
And don’t get me started on the bleeping KNIFE TO OPEN A TIN!!’
This book should be pulped for the sake of humanity, or it will be studied in years to come and held up as an historical example of the very worst of the 2020s. I genuinely think it should be pulled from distribution it’s at best useless and at worst very dangerous.

ETA Apologies for the rant.

TLDR: Jack’s book doesn’t resonate with my experience of being poor. I don’t think she writes from experience and the book is disgraceful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 165
I hope that someone from Trussell reads the book before making it available. They distanced themselves from the slogans on her merchandise, they may want to take a look at some of the advice she is handing out.

ps. I went to Trussell's website to see what they had written. They seem to have deleted the text of an entry dated 19th Dec concerning Thrifty Kitchen. Have Trussell decided they will not distribute her book at food banks? I know I am not tech savvy, can anyone else find reference to Jacks book on the Trussell website?

I see Bookshop.org is still promoting the scheme.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.