Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I feel like Grifty Nifty Tips were written if everyone in poverty were also aliens who had never lived in society before, or alternatively, experiencing severe memory loss on how to be a human and this book was your only guide.
Still skim-reading and read this as 'Grifty Nips', which actually kinda works. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I still need to catch up on the latest chaos, but I was browsing indeed and saw an advert for a Fire Service Control Room operator, and the job requirements are:

“You will hold a 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 / A to C including English Language and have good standards of communication”

Now I know she claims to have 4.5 GCSEs but other than RE I can’t see any mention of the rest, but we can assume they’re good grades because no matter what family connections you have, for a job like that you wouldn’t progress past application without meeting the criteria.

Which got me to thinking, about the applying to the RAF story.

“You can apply directly for RAF officer training.

You'll need a minimum of:

5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), including English and maths, and a science for some roles
2 A levels or equivalent”

The general application page says

“You can apply directly to join the RAF.

You'll need:

at least 3 GCSEs grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) including English and maths, and a science for some roles”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I still need to catch up on the latest chaos, but I was browsing indeed and saw an advert for a Fire Service Control Room operator, and the job requirements are:

“You will hold a 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 / A to C including English Language and have good standards of communication”

Now I know she claims to have 4.5 GCSEs but other than RE I can’t see any mention of the rest, but we can assume they’re good grades because no matter what family connections you have, for a job like that you wouldn’t progress past application without meeting the criteria.

Which got me to thinking, about the applying to the RAF story.

“You can apply directly for RAF officer training.

You'll need a minimum of:

5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), including English and maths, and a science for some roles
2 A levels or equivalent”

The general application page says

“You can apply directly to join the RAF.

You'll need:

at least 3 GCSEs grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) including English and maths, and a science for some roles”
This can be summed up easily.

She's talking pish. She always talks pish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
She sang a song in the shower, when she had laryngitis (confirmed) and then recorded it.. and then, horrors… posted it to twitter, she thought she sounded sexy, and there is a line where she sings boulevard… and side eyes the camera. 🤮 there is a clip of it in the media gallery… I’ll try to link it in a bit

Kind of regret asking now. Two thoughts. Who told her she could sing? What made her think that was a flattering camera angle and lighting?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Definitely valid to challenge if the canal isn't being hoodwinked but it's in both Apple and Google's systems for the actual preview of the book (not just reviews or random screenshots).
The only way I can see it being wrong is if the publisher provided the wrong draft/version?

View attachment 1838366
View attachment 1838368

ETA just woke up from my big nap has been discussed already x
Is the layout and typeface in those previews a true reflection of the final edition?

It all seems so basic, and, frankly, so tit. How can this be the product of years of work?

Reminiscent of:

C1B811C9-9BBE-4737-A1FC-07F5EA17BE51.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I know that there is really no need to point out any more flaws in her tips, but I was once a pov (student living on my loan) and did indeed use a wine bottle as a rolling pin. In my haste to impress a boyfriend, I forgot I did not own one when attempting to make a pie. Now I know I did not freeze 5/6 of a bottle of water in it (I used it with the wine still in tact as obvs was cracking that open to impress said boyfriend later), but the major flaw in this tip is the condensation formed on the outside of the cold bottle. Needless to say the pastry ended up a soggy, sticky mess.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Kind of regret asking now. Two thoughts. Who told her she could sing? What made her think that was a flattering camera angle and lighting?
Fucksakes. Someone totally needs to take her aside and give her a few verbal slaps.

Altogether now to the sound of our dear departed Terry...

🎶 It ain't what you do it's the way that you grift it...
(repeat)

You're a try hard (aah-ahh-ah)
Don't mean a thing (aah-ahh-ah)
Rinse your hoops doll (aah-ahh-ah)
And share your PayPal thing (aah-ahh-ah)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Fine if you want to dress like an art teacher who spends their weekends teaching classes on the female orgasm I suppose.
Genuinely my look. Have never heard of Joe Brown. Might have to forensically investigate. Don't revoke my membership card, 🙏.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Imagine if English is not your first language or you have a learning disability or you are a young person, possibly a care leaver with not much kitchen experience or a support network of older people you can ask advice of. Maybe you are physically disabled and moving into independent accommodation for the first time. Money is tight, very tight and you qualify for a referral to the TT. They give you a back of food and a free book, how kind.
But it's Jack Monroe's absolute travesty of a book. This so called advice/hack with the tin and knife might be taken very literally by some readers because the media uphold Jack as an unquestioned expert. Someone who is not confident in the kitchen and with additional literacy/language barriers might suffer a terrible accident and blame themselves. Because how could an 'expert' be wrong? I honestly think there should be some sort of action taken to have this book removed from circulation. It is dangerous, useless and out of date. Jack, Bluebird, the TT, Nigella and Jay ought to be very ashamed of themselves. Is this book not two years overdue? And this bullshit was the best she could come up with? Bluebird should have commissioned and paid a hefty fee to families fleeing violence, refugees and disabled people living independently to create a book with nutritious and culturally diverse recipes and advice or hacks that are safe and accessible for everyone. But no, they just wheel out same old broken record in the form of Jack. If Jack were not so blinded by money, she should be offended. She is just a token pov for the media to use.
Even from what little we've seen she makes the exact same mistakes in Grifty Kitchen that have been seen in the slopalong before:
  • Boiling rinsed baked beans for 20 minutes
  • Forgets to say grate the cheese, just fold it into dough as-is
  • Lists unpeeled bananas, slice them but then slice the peels seperately (when did they get peeled)
  • Says to use self raising flour AND bicarbonate of soda
  • etc.
These are just the most obvious cock ups to me though, it's the same old horse tit
Not even mentioning the results, calories or nutrition, which look to be largely as bad as usual
It's just this time there's dangerous tips as well

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
This bit at the end is terrifying. You'd think the clip would improve when she stops singing but if anything it gets creepier.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 19.34.45.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
3BE5DE8A-3B9D-44B8-BFA2-CAA2A027C210.jpeg

pssst, Jack. Jaaaack. Listen to the epic Ursula Vernon here.

Oh, what am I saying: like you can hear anything through the honking.

(Not squigging because a blue tick and a lege.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.