Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Probably been said (grunking) but freezing a wine bottle of cold water is a fucking stupid and dangerous thing to even contemplate.
This. Unbelievably irresponsible. Wedge the cork in tight enough not to leak all over your freezer, and you're risking a freezer full of smashed glass if you get the volume wrong. And even if you get it right, you've got a rolling pin that's too cold to handle (especially if you have ouchy hands)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 67

Foxvint

VIP Member
Whatever exposé this man's gonna do will add to the dissenting voices pointing out shes not and never was poor or the saviour of the poor. These little ripples will all add up to a big wave at some point. I dont even think he'll need receipts as such because its just easily obtainable facts that are a matter of public record. She's of a comfortably middle class background not working class, she's had family support all along, she lives in an expensive rental, she has a regular income from Patreon, she crowdfunded money for legal action that didn't happen that shes kept, the histrionics of HH2 are entirely contradictory with the calibre her personal possessions. Its about these things for me and they're easily verifiable. The Georgia Church supper type gaffes, paddies and shitty food are entertaining but its all gravy.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I can't believe she's up and posting at 6am. Please Jack, give us some respite I beg of you.

ETA Good morning early birds and down underers!

• Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Jack's just going to embarrass herself for the rest of her life, isn't she?
There is a joy in environmental activism - being with other people who share your passion and are prepared to be arrested. But fun? It's not a kids birthday party.
This is a real problem with people like Jack, they really seem to miss the deeper parts in almost everything. There's no sacrificing their own comfort for a greater cause. It's all about getting cool points and impressing other people.

• Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
Why are her publishers persisting with having super poshos put fawning quotes in her books? She’s had six previous publications in which rich and connected foodies like Nige, Jay and Tom P-B have legitimised her (rightly or wrongly) as a food writer. If her concern here is thrift isn’t it a bit tasteless to have the generationally wealthy spouting her virtues? It’d be more useful, surely, to have dietitians and people who run community kitchens advocating for her recipes?

On top of everything else it just makes it so searingly obvious that her target audience is her fellow middle class wankers performing thrift.
They should use quotes from the slopalong on the cover instead imo. They offer a much more accurate representation of the recipes.

• Haha
  • Heart

That Forensic Man

VIP Member
I've posted 6 full Grifty Kitchen recipes over on the slopalong thread if anyone wants to have a crack.
@VeniVidiVicki is attempting the courgette and cheese soda bread, see if you can spot the two huge errors in the recipe!
Being riddled with errors and terrible instructions/method is normal, Jack's learned nothing it's the same old drivel, just this time physically dangerous.
Go well be safe, pals x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
I’m just cringing at her pretending that she’s been given a nickname. Ooh. Don’t go there Jack. Nobody thinks you look like a Peaky Blinder. Stop it.
I don’t know Peaky Blinders so I’ve had to imagine an equivalent.

Jack dons a beanie cap and hoodie and asks her squigs to guess who she is “being”.

“Costume party on Sunday … I haven’t brought my meth test tubes, I’m clumsy enough!”

Slowly the divorced dads realise she’s attempting a half-assed cosplay of Jesse from Breaking Bad. Cue lots of sycophantic remarks about her forensic scientific approach and how the show would be Breaking Good with her in it.

A week later Jack posts another selfie of her wearing the beanie cap, boobs proudly thrust forward.

“A night of gratitude and sober loving with a massive gathering of friends. When I walked in, one pal shouted Oi Oi Breaking Baps! I’m still…. Excuse me ha ha I can hardly type… I’m still giggling now!”

IT’S THAT ABSURD

• Haha
Reactions: 65

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
dresser man is now following him. I wonder what piqued his interest🤔
Mr Dressaman (DRESSA) was also one of the first to 'like' TD's post yesterday, so he's still (quietly, gently) on the case, it seems. I'm genuinely astounded that after the preview, the book launch still seems to be going ahead? Though I doubt very much that the TT will have anything to do with it at this stage, which is why it's been very quiet on the 'donated copies' and free kindle (or w/e) version front. I can only hope that whoever's written the big spread Guardian piece actually read the book beforehand. Because they're ultimately going to be a laughing stock if they just repeat the usual hagiography.

• Haha
  • Wow

Soup or Noodle

Missed the cut-off for the last thread before it closed, but I think Jack is once again using tricksy wording to describe the jobs they've applied for. McDonalds, supermarkets, charities etc all sound like entry level jobs, but she could well have been applying for management level jobs she simply doesn't have the experience or skills for, knowing she will be rejected.

PickledRadish

Still in disbelief that we were blesséd by both “that’s not my fanny” and the Marxist Leninist Monarchist Landlord dad in such quick succession. And boulevaahhrd was around the same time too IIRC. A truly exhilarating few weeks of lore in the Bootstrapverse

ETA the most gob smacking part of it all is that these were played out in real time on her ‘professional’ ‘work’ account

• Haha
  • Heart

PickledRadish

“that’s not my fanny” still makes me laugh and cringe in equal measure. I would rather eat only rotten pumble for the rest of my life than ever catch myself tweeting that phrase.

• Haha

LadyGarden

VIP Member
Oh fucking hell, the comment in my spoiler seems very inappropriate (and inaccurate) now re: Viv. Very sad, too many icons have passed this year (Terry Hall, Maxi Jazz for starters). Really makes me feel my age as these legends were a huge part of my youth.

• Heart

keyser666

Jacks tweet about Lee Anderson is the clearest sign that Jack is not going to file a claims of libel as any public interaction would be frowned upon and legal counsel would tell you not to engage with them in any way at all let alone start a new tweet about them

i can’t wait until May when the clock has finished that Jack can’t lodge a claim due to the time limits that’s when things will explode because there will be no denying that money was fraudulently raised

• Haha
  • Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Still in disbelief that we were blesséd by both “that’s not my fanny” and the Marxist Leninist Monarchist Landlord dad in such quick succession. And boulevaahhrd was around the same time too IIRC. A truly exhilarating few weeks of lore in the Bootstrapverse

ETA the most gob smacking part of it all is that these were played out in real time on her ‘professional’ ‘work’ account
I hate to correct you, dear heart, but it was actually a truly exhilarating three days
F1084E4F-0D47-4713-A197-85DAA5CD1D7A.jpeg

992EF413-14BA-4D32-AB03-510BF4F27D53.jpeg

PS there was also this
510A7732-3CA5-43FF-845C-D9D52E6472A8.jpeg

PPS extend it a couple of days past Boulevaaaaard and you get her incessantly thirst posting (way worse than this for those of us not there in real time) and objectifying a grieving man at his Granny’s funeral too
4E20AADD-28B0-44FC-9F61-4324725ADA30.jpeg
EB13045F-7F2D-4826-A716-FE81A1A425B4.jpeg
there’s a VERY GOOD REASON we’ve got through @198 new threads so far this year

• Haha
  • Wow