Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
I am quite excited about this however I suspect they're going to run into the same problem we and everyone else who has looked into Jack has in that there's not really any publicly available info on cashos like filed accounts. That said and I know it's not a popular opinion in these parts but for me the more people looking into it and sharing their findings the better.

On an unrelated point. It's largely the usual suspects but the Thrifty Kitchen hashtag is turning into a binfire. Publication day is going to be amazing.
I think he will have more of a financial insight than someone like Molly for example which could help with furlough stuff, the CCJ(s?) etc. Also he doesn't seem to shy away from doing his own digging, making enquiries etc and seems to hate loose threads. I feel he'd fit in well with the canal.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Terrible

VIP Member
That poor dog. Not walked after 4pm because Jack’s frightened to go out after dark (unless it’s to deliver teetotal mince pies). Left in the house alone until 5am when Jack’s back from not going out. Not walked all day because Jack’s BUSY saving the poors with carabiners, tuna tins,mallets and Very Bewildering Invertebrate.

• Sad
  • Haha

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Also yeah, if she had actually been invited along she would’ve never shut the fuck up about it. The fact she only mentions it when viv is dead says it all really.
Eta just saw the screenshot from 2020, still don’t believe it lmao
She did say it there in 2020 but it should be noted that she thought Viv was dead at the time...

• Haha
  • Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Why does she think she has a weird body. Looks like a normal body to me. Shocked she has never claimed body dysmorphia as she says negative stuff about her body a lot.

And now I start to feel sorry for her. Someone remind me she is a cunt please.
She doesn’t really think that for a second. It’s one of those things she uses like “crushingly low self esteem” so people will fall all over her, telling her how gorgeous and sexy and unique and clever and fabulous and special she is.

• Sick

Hunsgraveyard

VIP Member
I've been wondering about it, since it does seem very odd. On the one hand, she told us that there would be:

View attachment 1840074
(the unavailable tweet is from The Grocer, announcing her as their 'Hero of the Year' - it's possible that she's actually intending to say that the cover shoot & interview is for them rather than the guardian, but you'd have to ignore the tweet she's replying to for that to work)

Other points in favour: it ties in with the book launch date - it's the week when you'd expect an article to appear if one was going to; she (or her publishers / publicist) clearly has some remaining relationship with the Guardian, and there might have been some sort of deal done around the cancellation of the Guardian Live event; it's a slow news period, so any content will be welcome.

On the other hand: A cover shoot and multi-page interview?! Really? Monday is a strange day for that, given that the Graun's food supplement is published on Saturdays. The Guardian seem to be a lot less keen on her than they were (and, again, there's all that business around the Guardian Live which looks bad for her), and they must be aware of all the new, more widespread concerns about her behaviour.

Therefore: Who Fucking Knows... but I'm looking forward to finding out.
🔺️🔺️🔺️🔺️ ex magazine publishing frau insight here. I worked in a different sector, more niche, but it wasn't unheard of for cover feature and "interview" (read "undeclared, technically illegal advertorial/branded content but it's so rife every fucker is at it") to be rolled up into a promo/advertising deal with a big client.

So my guess is that's what this'll be.

• Sad
  • Wow

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
She did at least admit to the gaslighting in one of her threads yesterday...

View attachment 1837524
Lol yes that list is a hot mess.
Also, Jack - here's a tip, why don't you kindly, sincerely, bloody stop treating Twitter as an open window into your private life and use it as a professional account, and then maybe people might actually leave you alone? It's the constant showing off and LOOK AT MEEEE that makes people look at you

• Heart
  • Sad

Phillipa78

Chatty Member
I read that SistahSpace takedown thread, the detail was incredible. I think he will take a look, it's ripe for the picking. Maybe Santa will drop our present off in time for Orthodox Christmas?! Right after Guardian PDF 2.0. What a time to be a Frau!

• Heart
  • Haha

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Jack plain lost the plot. We did a thread in 14 hours. Just go and read it, lots of ss, it'll be quicker. You may need to keep yesterday's jaw tape to hand if you have hard floors.
It was an amazing grunk. Was gutted to miss the screenshots of dangerous hacks in real time. How the fuck she was actually allowed to get this thing published in the first place is quite scary. There's a global paper shortage, and no one thought to save a bit by not printing this is beyond me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

jenny2603

VIP Member
Does Jack recognise that foodbank users aren’t knuckle dragging imbeciles without the brain cells they were born with?
she is showing her own ignorance in all this crap about not having tin openers. I’ve been reflecting on it this morning instead of doing mandatory online training.
police officers, supermarket workers, nurses, firefighters, teachers, taxi drivers, the unemployed, the retired: all using foodbanks.
She seems to portray an image of people who are utterly feckless and hopeless and have literally nothing to their name.
There will be people who literally do have nothing but it's not the norm. As you say foodbanks deal with a range of people. Jack has spent the last ten years shopping, rather than developing any knowledge of poverty and foodbanks so she always has to go to the most extreme scenarios because she has nothing real to draw on to add colour to her writing.

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Earliest review is August 2021 so that's a quick turnaround from purchase new to charity shop/eBay to Jack's grubby grabby hands
They're only £40 full price, of all the lies to tell
Compulsive I tells ya

NO WAY she didn’t buy them brand spanking new after reading the edgy catalogue description. Her grubby little mitts would have been clicking add to cart faster than a rat up a perpendicular drainpipe.

I’ve highlighted in bold the parts I suspect had particular appeal.

Add extra attitude to your style with our best-selling checked trousers, back in a punky green design. These classic straight leg trousers feature a funky zip fastening and elasticated waist to help you feel comfy and look fabulous. Dress them up or down depending on your mood to create perfect seasonal looks.

• Haha
  • Sick

jenny2603

VIP Member
Kind of regret asking now. Two thoughts. Who told her she could sing? What made her think that was a flattering camera angle and lighting?
This bit at the end is terrifying. You'd think the clip would improve when she stops singing but if anything it gets creepier.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 19.34.45.png

• Haha
  • Sick

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
Mother of God!!!!! I had never watched the Boulevaaaaaard video before, as I didn't think I could take it.

I've just had a look.... Lasted 5 seconds. It's absolutely dreadful!!! What a bigheaded arsehole!!! She's a joke

• Haha
  • Heart

stunrw

VIP Member
1672322951543.png

Whats her next piece of advice for opening stuff going to be?!?

In my best Irish accent: Sure, just bang it with your lad

• Haha
  • Heart

Flivver

VIP Member
E3650C5F-CAF8-4302-8B75-5B53CE72BB3D.jpeg
Harping back to previous mention of COSHH - her home isn’t a workplace (except when it is) but ironing superglue is never a good idea. Quick glance at the safety data sheet shows it gives off noxious vapours - respiratory irritant, heating it up might give you a double whammy. If anyone could be arsed to hem their rags, wondaweb or whatever it’s called is a safer bet. If you were on the bones of your arse, would you bother, would you have the time or funds to buy glue to do this?

It’s a perpendicular travesty!

• Wow
  • Haha

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
On the job front: there's no way Jack couldn't get a staff writer job at a local newspaper. She's a best selling author and one of the locals would no doubt see it as a bit of a PR win. She could probably get a comms job in the 3rd sector for similar reasons. What she likely wouldn't be able to do is hang on to them when she has to turn up at 9am every day and conduct herself appropriately online.
As late as September, she could still have stitched together a perfectly good portfolio career - a handful of regular columns in regional or trade press, freelance articles for national media whenever she can get them, a new book every year or so, a couple of corporate speaking gigs every month, and a relaunched Patreon with realistic primarily-digital award tiers.

She's had so many warnings of impending disaster, and she's chosen to either ignore them or to rage against them in a way that has actively harmed her.

There's still a slim possibility that she might salvage something from the wreckage over the next month or so - the launch of Grifty Kitchen, the big Guardian article, actually doing something with the VBI (even if it's just a collaboration or rebranding of someone else's work). But her behaviour on Twitter in the last few days suggests she's going to balls it up yet again.