Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only a narc would think the CEO and managers at twitter aren't aware some people have multiple accounts and if you block one you don't block all. How patronising does she sound.
Is she really using this as a way to divert heat.
But 15 Tweets! With gifs! Finally Jack is campaigning on an issue she cares about! That issue is herself but it's a start!

• Haha
Reactions: 82
Nigella can get to duck after that dribbling endorsement aswell. Wonder why she has to keep her sweet. Most plausible guess would be attendance at a few alpine snow scenes together. A spiteful loose cannon like Jack is likely to be a massive grass if not appeased

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Uh? What is she even saying, you can't reply to someone who's blocked you. Does she mean, her haters quote retweet her? I'm confused.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
It’s all very economy for the large family 1970s delia housewife style… casseroles and homemade cakes in the oven. With single parents, working parents, smaller OAP households, students, HMO shared houses - budgeting is about time and fuel economy… microwaves, freezers and batch cooking, quick hob stir fries, air fryer vs oven, 35p microwave rice … it’s thrifty kitchen 1984 not how folks cook or live today. Use our roasting tin perhaps twice a year and never owned a muffin tin!

Reactions: 43
Jack seems to be unaware that you don't need a sock to view the tweets of someone who's blocked you, all you need to do is log out!

• Haha
Reactions: 77
To be honest, I don’t really even understand her explanation of how to open a can, does she mean you should stick the knife into the top of the can and bash the end of it with a hammer? If you somehow actually end up opening the can without injuring yourself, you’re 100% going to have destroyed the knife which is arguably going to be more expensive to replace than if you just bought a 50p can opener?!
I mean maybe her suggestion is better than nothing if you’re in an emergency and don’t have a tin opener, but she cannot seriously be suggesting that as a long term method of opening cans.
Sorry I’m rambling here but I’m just baffled by this.
She's basically saying you should do this but providing zero guidance on how to do it
And it can't really be done 'safely'
It's arterial bleeding waiting to happen
Also hand knife injuries often damage tendons and ligaments so this could result in permanent disability

Can someone please, please, please get a doctor, nurse or paramedic who cover A&E to review this book because frankly based on what we've seen so so far Jack is trying to kill and injure people.
I know a paramedic and several combat medical technicians I could ask about.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
When I was at school 🔺, one teacher famously (within the school) used a pair of old underpants to wipe the board.

He also used to say “that’s another fish of kettle”

With these thrift and language skills, he really missed his calling as “writer, campaigner and accidental economist”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Nigella can get to duck after that dribbling endorsement aswell. Wonder why she has to keep her sweet. Most plausible guess would be attendance at a few alpine snow scenes together. A spiteful loose cannon like Jack is likely to be a massive grass if not appeased
Nigella up to her sinuses in Jack’s special Colombian white cocoa cupcakes a very plausible explanation 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 31
B8F8568F-4ED0-45DC-8915-BEFEA6E98F3F.jpeg

What the literal duck is “financially abusive”?

Amazing that none of these offline ACTUALLY CRIMINAL “things” done to “her family” have resulted in charges or prosecution. Must be because they’re deliciously ordinary and don’t have the protection of Essex PoPo Celebrity Squad?

ETA: Defamation, libel AND slander? Oh My! Better call your pro bono no win no fee lawyer, Jack (and maybe ask him to explain what those words mean. See if he’ll explain it to you gratis, free)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 105
Jack seems to be unaware that you don't need a sock to view the tweets of someone who's blocked you, all you need to do is log out!
Is Jack pissed because of screenshots, sock accounts using them? I just unblock Jack, take the SS and re-block her. I’m not a sock, I don’t post at her (apart from the FOI). I’m not a troll and I don’t have a sock. I have an old, small twitter account that Jack doesn’t care about. Her fancy flapjack ideas aren’t going to stop that.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Well she's never logged out of Twitter, has she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Uh? What is she even saying, you can't reply to someone who's blocked you. Does she mean, her haters quote retweet her? I'm confused.
I think she means you can switch accounts to read her guff, click reply, but then switch back to your blocked account to write the reply, and it will post from your blocked account even though you are blocked? I don’t know how you would see it though, seeing as you have blocked said account…I don’t know. I might go try it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 16.37.06.png

This appears to confirm that she's changed agent, and that her deal for two more books after Grifty Kitchen has been withdrawn.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
And also knows duck all about foodbanks. If you were handed tins that required an opener the volunteer would happily sub them for ring pull tins if you told them you couldn't open them. In the highly unlikely event none were available they'd sub in packets or something else that you could use. Sadly foodbanks are used to dealing with people in all kinds of tricky situations whether that's having no power, no cooker, no hob etc and will always try to find a way to help. If Jack had spent the last decade working behind the scenes she'd know this already but she hasn't.
Our local food bank has a tub of 50p can openers clients can help themselves to - its rare anyone does

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.