Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What IS happening with that?! It seems barmy to go to the lengths of setting up a performative shot of rewards and then not sending them out.

Surely we'd expect to see Patrons weeping with joy at getting their ten tons worth of postcards through the door by now.
Is that what the Royal Mail strikes are about? They’ve said they SHAN’T deliver two full years of crap Patreon postcards, “limited edition” prints and other shite. WARNED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The patreon thing is terrible. I honestly don't know why she doesnt pause it or stop it or whatever.

People may think she does such good but in recent times, it doesnt look like she has done much at all. I know she will blame others,but i have never seen boris or katie price stop working due to be called out on the internet. They carry on *irregardless*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I don’t think she’s bone idle: she’s just such a narcissist I don’t think it even occurs to her to make grand gestures to make him happy. She only cares about herself and if she isn’t the centre of attention, she isn’t interested.
Posting from the past a bit but this is my aneurysm:

The kid said he wanted to be a fireman. She asked him what she should be. He said princess. She posts on SM that she made his wish come true. Oh, thought I, did she contact some old friends from the fire service (or HIS GRANDAD!) and arrange for him to have a tour, wear one of their hats, pretend to drive an engine? No. ...did she buy him a fancy dress fireman outfit...? No. She bleeping bought herself a Disney Princess ball gown.

That she doesn't see how completely selfish that is, instead thinks people will applaud her, really baffles me.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
Maybe Jack is quiet because she thinks if she doesn’t tweet these threads will wither on the vine like her career.

Edited because I can’t complete a correct sentence anymore
Personally I think she has got herself stuck in a corner with the comments club and ignoring the genuine calls for transparency with a block. There’s enough of a canal there who is clearly watching her every tweet and ready to pounce in response. This isn’t going to go away that easy, no matter how much she grew those cheekbones herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The patreon thing is terrible. I honestly don't know why she doesnt pause it or stop it or whatever.
I remember sending an IG account who writes for a living an Amazon gift card, we’re mutual follows and liked and commented each on other’s posts etc and I wanted to send something because they’d had a rough time of it. I got a response with an email fast enough to send the card to but not a word of thanks at all. If the cash comes that easy why would you turn off that tap, especially when you think you’re genuinely entitled to it without accounting for yourself?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

People may think she does such good but in recent times, it doesnt look like she has done much at all. I know she will blame others,but i have never seen boris or katie price stop working due to be called out on the internet. They carry on *irregardless*
She probably relies on the money for her RENT.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Posting from the past a bit but this is my aneurysm:

The kid said he wanted to be a fireman. She asked him what she should be. He said princess. She posts on SM that she made his wish come true. Oh, thought I, did she contact some old friends from the fire service (or HIS GRANDAD!) and arrange for him to have a tour, wear one of their hats, pretend to drive an engine? No. ...did she buy him a fancy dress fireman outfit...? No. She bleeping bought herself a Disney Princess ball gown.

That she doesn't see how completely selfish that is, instead thinks people will applaud her, really baffles me.
I’m inclined to believe that whole conversation with her little boy never happened (much like the weird Mary Poppins Cosplay that was allegedly for him), and it was just her making up a bullshit story to justify her buying and putting on that outfit and then posting it online.

Her and Leggy’s relationship was on its absolute arse or just over when she posted that; they split up and she had to move out/was back in Southend that same month, so I’m inclined to think that Leggy (and of course Jack’s “sychophants and psychopaths”) was the real Belle audience. Jack’s judgment in thirst shots and cosplay to lure back/desperately keep partners is as we know…highly err “flawed” at best.

Interestingly, Jack’s Belle shot was posted on 3 June 2015, then she came out as trans non binary in October 2015 yet by the end of that same month she’d apparently had so much testosterone therapy and “worked out” so much that she couldn’t get back into her Belle dress for Halloween.

0491F80F-F818-4D41-A513-9B9A12021B04.jpeg

(Times, Nov 14th 2015)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
You’re clearly not a special smol pixie. The examiners looked at her work aside from all others. Then told her teacher it was grudgingly given. Despite marking being anonymous.
Also, the sheer arrogance that her home ec teacher has ‘been watching with interest ever since’. No, she hasn’t, Jack, you unbelievable narc. She may know you in passing but I doubt she’s given your grudgingly awarded D a second thought since.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Between that, his humiliating trousers and his alleged likeness to George Michael, Jack has made him one of the funniest side characters on these threads. I bet he’d hate that.
Don't forget her story about Marxist Big Dave MBE putting his medals on to watch the Queen's speech 😂 he has LAYERS

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Also, the sheer arrogance that her home ec teacher has ‘been watching with interest ever since’. No, she hasn’t, Jack, you unbelievable narc. She may know you in passing but I doubt she’s given your grudgingly awarded D a second thought since.
Perhaps we should go easy on Poor Jack. ALL HER LIFE from her earliest days of Burly Firemen telling her women couldn’t be firefighters, and school governors threatening to bring her down a peg or two, through her entire schooldays, her past workplaces, her friends, her partners, the friends of her partners, LITERALLY NOBODY wanted her to succeed and EVERYONE did their best to undermine and cruelly mock her, whether because of the way she spoke, that she didn’t go to university, that she was on benefits, that she should stay in her box, that she was a completely insufferable twit, that she was TOO GOOD AT READING. Plus, they all watch her constantly (with interest) to this very day.

It’s literally UNBELIEVABLE that in the face of such adversity and with all those dreadful people and their heartless cruelties stacked against her all those years that she does so much good! Bravo, Jack!

ETA, Oops, did I say Bravo? What I I meant to say was Bullshit.

Bullshit, Jack!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Seen a tweet this morning about Terry Hall🖤🤍 from someone who knew him that put my JM hackles up. Showed it to my Harold (WHO’S STILL HERE) who confirmed it’s essence of narc. They really are out there as a type, aren’t they. (If you’re interested search the helbirdsite for Our Lips Are Sealed and look for the blue hair profile pic.)
That tweet is true though. They went on tour together and she and Terry Hall had a bit of a 'fling' for want of a better word. They wrote that song together and her band had a hit with it before Fun Boy Three.

In other news, Rose West is trending on the bird site and I'm scared to look :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I don't have anything to add other than I feel like surely it's illegal on some level for her to have patreon subscriptions of up to £44 a month still open and advertising it "It's not a donation service, there's a reward at every tier, so it's more like a subscription for some goodies as well as exclusive behind the scenes content, musings, sneak peeks at upcoming bits and pieces, and more." Can action not be taken against her? That's literally fraud

Sorry probs stating the obvious but i cannot quite believe shes allowed to get away with this lol

How long has it been since she sent patrons any monthly goodies?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Perhaps we should go easy on Poor Jack. ALL HER LIFE from her earliest days of Burly Firemen telling her women couldn’t be firefighters, and school governors threatening to bring her down a peg or two, through her entire schooldays, her past workplaces, her friends, her partners, the friends of her partners, LITERALLY NOBODY wanted her to succeed and EVERYONE did their best to undermine and cruelly mock her, whether because of the way she spoke, that she didn’t go to university, that she was on benefits, that she should stay in her box, that she was a completely insufferable twit, that she was TOO GOOD AT READING. Plus, they all watch her constantly (with interest) to this very day.

It’s literally UNBELIEVABLE that in the face of such adversity and with all those dreadful people and their heartless cruelties stacked against her all those years that she does so much good! Bravo, Jack!

Bullshit, Jack!
Reminds me of the Justified quote:

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you're the asshole."

Seeing as how virtually every person Jackie has encountered in the past three decades has (supposedly) been hostile to her, it really makes you think...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

I think she’s in too deep now and she knows stopping the Patreon won’t make it go away, so at least this way she probably figures she’s getting money from it.

If she’d stopped it when she realised (from here!) she didn’t stand a chance of catching up, way before Twitter picked it up, I think she’d have got away with the whole thing… I don’t think her backstory discrepancies would have been enough by themselves to gain traction, and the Lee A fundraising would have been buried by the people who hate him so much they couldn’t see anything else. The Patreon is what broke the camels back, and she’s got nobody but herself to blame.

Reactions: 39
Seen a tweet this morning about Terry Hall🖤🤍 from someone who knew him that put my JM hackles up. Showed it to my Harold (WHO’S STILL HERE) who confirmed it’s essence of narc. They really are out there as a type, aren’t they. (If you’re interested search the helbirdsite for Our Lips Are Sealed and look for the blue hair profile pic.)
I always preferred Belinda Carlisle anyway.
08B31E10-8518-4AD5-87BF-DAC351ECF494.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That tweet is true though. They went on tour together and she and Terry Hall had a bit of a 'fling' for want of a better word. They wrote that song together and her band had a hit with it before Fun Boy Three.

In other news, Rose West is trending on the bird site and I'm scared to look :D
I think it's cos of that Clarkson article. He is denigrating women and says he hates Meghan more than Nicola Sturgeon and Rose West. Clearly feels threatened by successful women enough to compare them to a serial killer. He is a disgusting misogynistic bastard.

On topic, I hope Jack is spending the day with her son and making good a fuss of him.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I think she’s in too deep now and she knows stopping the Patreon won’t make it go away, so at least this way she probably figures she’s getting money from it.
If she’d stopped it when she realised (from here!) she didn’t stand a chance of catching up, way before Twitter picked it up, I think she’d have got away with the whole thing… I don’t think her backstory discrepancies would have been enough by themselves to gain traction, and the Lee A fundraising would have been buried by the people who hate him so much they couldn’t see anything else. The Patreon is what broke the camels back, and she’s got nobody but herself to blame.
She didn’t even need to stop it! She could have posted a mea culpa about the physical rewards being too much for her (and let’s face it everyone else, NOBODY, not even the most ardent fan needs or wants that much Jack crap) and that she was switching to digital ones, then chuck them something digital once a month.

That’s literally all the lazy selfish entitled mare has ever had to do. She can’t even be fucked to do that though.

• Angry
Reactions: 44
She didn’t even need to stop it! She could have posted a mea culpa about the physical rewards being too much for her (and let’s face it everyone else, NOBODY, not even the most ardent fan needs or wants that much Jack crap) and that she was switching to digital ones, then chuck them something digital once a month.

That’s literally all the lazy selfish entitled mare has ever had to do. She can’t even be fucked to do that though.
If she’d done it after the dayhab especially, nobody would have questioned anything would they?

And put up the discount code for her shop… she could even have got away with not changing it if that was too much effort, just make it Patreon10 or something. She had so many opportunities to save herself and she’s squandered them all.

Reactions: 29

Bullshit, Jack!
What you meant to say was Chapeau!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.