Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's pretty damning if she's been totally wiped from The Guardian's list of contributors. I had a quick look and they still have people listed who wrote one article back in 2017 etc. It's as if they want to completely distance themselves from her.

Really makes you think...
Late to this, but BUSY.

I wondered if that whole drama withThe Telegraph supposedly forgetting to pay her for an article resulted in her being blacklisted as a contributing journalist?

I know obviously The Telegraph andThe Guardian have different politics, but surely there is some sort of body/general camaraderie in the newspaper game.

Was that Prehaps the final time she was WARNED by Rosemary?

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Catching up to say that the collage of fright hair is very disturbing, for various reasons.

Being the massive vain narc that she is, imagine how many of each one she actually took before choosing the ‘bangers’ to post to half a million followers, after deciding on which pose to do for each different wig.

I mean, aside from the fact that all of the wigs look like they have been made from collected Barbie doll hair, I can’t get over the fact that this is a grown woman, setting up a camera and tripod to play dress up ON HER OWN to take all of these photos OF HERSELF!!!

The woman is nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She was the inspiration for many of their songs. Even the ones written before she was born. Too Much Too Young was about Jack’s tragic teenage motherhood, while Ghost Town written about her experiences on the mean streets of Thorpe Bay. Of course, the original lyrics were “all the dog cafes have closed down” but they had to change it to clubs to add commercial appeal.
The only Specials song she inspired was “Blank Expression.”

The Terry Hall news has really cut deep. 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Westboro Jack is a banger cos she’s filtered herself so much all I can see is a blobfish
0F081895-F0ED-464B-BC35-5EB5DE9A50E1.jpeg
D15DBA78-7DB5-49B3-9B83-EDA37C140009.jpeg

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but I find it unfathomable that there are people out there on the internet who knock one out to pictures of this twit.

Now, Jamie Fraser in his 20s in the Highlands, Jamie Fraser in his 50s in the US of A and Jamie Fraser at all ages and places betwixt and between? Now THAT I completely understand.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
You make her sound like a werewolf ... well technically she makes herself sound like a werewolf
I'm sure she is. There's the regular full moon chaos, the (DEAD) grandad who growled - and I can't think of any other reason for those TEETH.
#werewolf truther

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Once upon a morning sunny, while I grinned at the all funny

Over many a joke and Monroe lore—

While I nodded, nearly giggling, suddenly there came a jiggling,

As of someone gently painstakingly rapping, rapping at my door.

“’Some deliv’ry guy,” I muttered, “tapping at my stain-glass door—

Only this and nothing more.”

I quailed, perhaps some burly policeman, come to rip me from my clan

Lurked out there with writ in hand, here to take me before the Man

Presently my fear grew weaker; feeling I could be no meeker,

“Sir,” said I, “or Madam, if you’re out there, I’m here to share;

But the fact is I was tattling, and so gently you came rattliing,

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my stain glass door,

That I scarce was sure I heard you”—here I opened wide the door;—

A parcel there and nothing more.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Maybe Jack is quiet because she thinks if she doesn’t tweet these threads will wither on the vine like her career.

Edited because I can’t complete a correct sentence anymore

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's Tuesday today, stay frosty my friends. She's out there somewhere. Waiting. Lurking. Eldritch light glowing in the windows of the crappy bungalow.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I’m confused. Was Jack’s Home Economics teacher an EVIL UNDERMINER who gave Jack CRUSHINGLY LOW SELF ESTEEM but needless to say Jack had the last laugh, or not?

Book Dedication from A Girl Called Jack (2014) posted by @That Forensic Man
8F4FABA5-7E89-4CB2-A4A9-83F0D1B9E2AF.jpeg

That self indulgent crap in which she called Our Hazza deliciously ordinary (2022)

8DA12D4A-057F-405E-A128-F38E04CA5553.jpeg

ETA seems Ms Farquar is NOT named Peter/Piotr, Barb/Borb or Jennie/Jhenny. So she is not one of the book dedication trifecta of CRUELTY to Smol School Pixie Jack. THE PLOT THICKENS!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Our house flooded last week so we’re currently living in air bnb’s, unfortunately living in a tourist area means it’s hard to get a long term booking at this time of year cos loads of people want to come for a scenic Christmas, so we’re basically moving house every week until mid-Jan. Since I think that makes me safe from triangulation (CONFIRMED), I might start making all kinds of nefarious #TROLLCLAIMS. Ahem, did you all know Jacks the reason Neighbours got cancelled? she’s also the reason Freddo’s now cost 25p.
Oh babe same!! ❤ A frozen pipe burst and all the ceilings came down. I was away at the time. 😑. I bet my bungalow is shitter than Jack's now!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m confused. Was Jack’s Home Economics teacher an EVIL UNDERMINER who gave Jack CRUSHINGLY LOW SELF ESTEEM but needless to say Jack had the last laugh, or not?

View attachment 1820291

That self indulgent crap in which she called Our Hazza deliciously ordinary (2022)

View attachment 1820294
Hmm… I got a D for one of my GCSEs and still maintain that teacher was excellent. Learnt next to nothing about the subject in question but a LOT about serial killers thanks to that being her true passion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Hmm… I got a D for one of my GCSEs and still maintain that teacher was excellent. Learnt next to nothing about the subject in question but a LOT about serial killers thanks to that being her true passion.
But you’re not Jack, who would take that D as a personal affront and refusal by said teacher to recognize her star special pupil’s uniqueness and greatness. And still hold a grudge about it the best part of 20 years later.

There’s no way Jack thinks the “best Home Ec teacher ever” is someone who had the SHEER AUDACITY to give her a D, probably also writing “should have kept your legs closed” on Jack’s GCSE certificate in invisible ink that would suddenly show up burnished brightly like Hester Prynne’s Scarlet Letter on a dreary, freezing, dark and lonesome Christmas Day 2011.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She was the inspiration for many of their songs. Even the ones written before she was born. Too Much Too Young was about Jack’s tragic teenage motherhood, while Ghost Town written about her experiences on the mean streets of Thorpe Bay. Of course, the original lyrics were “all the dog cafes have closed down” but they had to change it to clubs to add commercial appeal.
And she seems to have taken Do Nothing as an instruction! Especially as it relates to providing Patreon content (and refunds).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
And she seems to have taken Do Nothing as an instruction! Especially as it relates to providing Patreon content (and refunds).
What IS happening with that?! It seems barmy to go to the lengths of setting up a performative shot of rewards and then not sending them out.

Surely we'd expect to see Patrons weeping with joy at getting their ten tons worth of postcards through the door by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

View attachment 1820291

View attachment 1820294
ETA seems Ms Farquar is NOT named Peter/Piotr, Barb/Borb or Jennie/Jhenny. So she is not one of the book dedication trifecta of CRUELTY to Smol School Pixie Jack. THE PLOT THICKENS!
Also, am I being a twit here, cos how do you know you got “a low” D at GCSE that was given “grudgingly”? I just know what actual grades I got at mine, not that they were the highest As given elatedly, or most perfect median Bs given joyfully, or the worst E (in Latin) anyone had ever seen given mockingly, so the headmaster cried and everyone clapped and cheered and they made a flag in my honour. What’s she on about?

81CEC156-3958-45D7-BEDA-89A3B1BF33CA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Also, am I being a twit here, cos how do you know you got “a low” D at GCSE that was given “grudgingly”? I just know what actual grades I got at mine, not that they were the highest As given elatedly or most perfect median Bs given joyfully, or the worst E in Latin anyone had ever seen given mockingly, so the headmaster cried and everyone clapped and cheered and they made a flag in my honour. What’s she on about?

View attachment 1820345
You’re clearly not a special smol pixie. The examiners looked at her work aside from all others. Then told her teacher it was grudgingly given. Despite marking being anonymous.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.