Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you're a good landlord, or intend to be, I'd speak to them. If you sell, either a landlord will buy it and raise the rent, or they have to find a new home with today's market prices anyway which will be higher.

They'll know their LL has passed away and are probably anxious about all this anyway. Better to find a sustainable way forward for everyone. They may be ok about a raised rent, esp if the alternative is a new house with raised rent.

Staying on the same low rent forever isn't realistic. If they are good people they'll understand. Maybe there's an amount between what you want and they want that's acceptable to everyone.
Thank you for the kind advise. (I'm making notes as we errr speak)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As we move into a new thread, I have a request.
when screenshotting Jack’s tweets, can we try to get a date stamp on them please?
I think it is available when you actually click on the tweet itself.
Thankyouverymuchindeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Also we don't know the landlady's situation. Does she also own her own home? Is she able to work? Or does she need to rent out the house in order to pay her own rent/mortgage? And, as mentioned, the upkeep of a rental property still costs money.
I think Jack is making a big error shouting about her rent and bills - she is coming across as very entitled, and also clearly earning a decent amount. I simply do not believe she's been locked into her rental contract - she has chosen to stay there and not downsize sooner because she felt she can afford it.
Yes exactly. As it stands right now I'm paying the council tax and energy bills. And it's hard. You know (not to make this all about me)

Reactions: 12
Yeah I find the inexplicable egg space in the figures very suspect….
View attachment 1821060
It’s her texting herself from her burner to her iPhone to show as ‘proof’, isn’t it?
Performative post central. Beyond tragic, at this point - as are the braindead squigs and desperate, horny neck beards/divorced dads that lap up every single performance. 🤢🤮

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
It’s a bloody suss email from Jackie gals landlord anyway.
Guess Jackie is making it up for tip jar donations.
Cos where’s the rest of it?
Probably states ‘if there are any concerns in relation to you being able to manage this increase please contact us’

that don’t fit the narrative though

Reactions: 25
Thank you for the kind advise. (I'm making notes as we errr speak)
When I rented, surprise random rent increases made me think the landlord just wanted a bit more. But your dad has passed away and you aren't in his circs. You never know what they'll say. Maybe they are looking to move anyway for other reasons but just haven't found somewhere, maybe they know they have it good and are saving up the extra money. Maybe they love this house and can afford to stay. Either way, you providing the same terms and conditions as your dad did don't seem feesible and you didn't ask for this situation, just as they didn't.

I'd think very hard before selling an asset that could provide me a lifetime passive income and doesn't require any stamp duty etc to purchase it though. Get some proper financial advice on it if you intend to sell. Not from someone set to gain from selling or renting it for you like an agent Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 28
1000004491.jpg

I see they have not invited the smol pixie back. Oh dear, how sad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
If I was whinging about living in a property in council tax band G - the second highest in the area, I'd probably keep quiet about it...
also if her landlady is so "lovely", I don't understand why she couldn't have negotiated to move out, especially when Louisa LEFT and her son isn't there most of the time.

Oh, and one more thing - what's happened to the mysterious lodger? Was he helping with the rent and bills?

Reactions: 51
I know things have probably moved on, but this really makes me angry, if her landlady had been a total 'see you next Tuesday' I could understand but she's never been anything but kind as Jack will testify in many posts she's put on in the past. She's also not correcting people when they say he, when as Jack knows it's a lady that inherited that house after her mother died. That is why it's mortgage free. It's all spite and envy. No mention of daddy the landlord I see.

And it won't sit empty, it's in a lovely area and a nice house, it will go quickly.
Yes this made me a raise my eyebrows too. So her landlord inherited the house (not a bungalow, and yes I do know it’s a chalet as I literally live a road away and drive past it regularly). And that’s some kind of evil. But Jack’s family inherited a ton of property that was rented out as crappy HMO type accommodation and that’s ok then? Talk about double standards. And while I’m ranting Jack. It wouldn’t have looked so crappy if you had bothered to keep the front garden decent, maybe done some gardening,put some tubs or hanging baskets out front rather than letting the poor place look neglected.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Tricksy with words, again 🙄 salary and income are two different things
Now that she's binned the ltd company, she won't be getting any salary, of course.

How long before she tries to turn that into a beg? "Since the nefarious ninnies tried to have me cancelled in the summer, my salary has fallen to ZERO"

• Haha
Reactions: 23
That moaning has brought her a fair bit of flack on the hellsite. Couldn't be more pleased about that! 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I know that Jacks claims of it being a tiny bungalow are bullshit, but can some lovely forensic Frau point me in the direction of information on the property she lives in? How many bedrooms is it, do we know for sure?

I mean, I just can’t get over her comments about inherited property. We live in the midlands, and if we were going to rent out our mortgage free (but not inherited, though I don’t understand what she sees as the difference once it’s paid off. She would still be moaning. ) house, which is a Victorian five bed, (originally 2, OH who hasn’t LEFT extended it)three stories, beautiful big garden, expensive sideboards (lol) garage and three car drive in a “posh” part (the kind where no one knows their kids have a raging coke habit), we would be charging something similar.

likewise with her moaning about energy?? I don’t know what we pay for gas but I know our electricity bill has been £400 a month alone. THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LIVE IN A BIG MASSIVE HOUSE JACK YOU bleeping TOSSPOT.

Reactions: 28
Jack doesn’t know anything about LLs costs incl. insurance/repairs etc because wasn’t Grandad a Slumlord who’s “guest house” needed an insane amount of money spending on it?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Energy bill here-

View attachment 1822265

Paying £1k a month on CT / energy -

View attachment 1822267

Seems a lot to me but then again I actually have a 1 bedroom flat and don't live in one of the most desirable areas of the south east of England 🤷‍♀️. I could probably give Jack some budgeting tips but, uh, isn't that meant to be *her* job?
Bloody hell. I had read that as £566 on energy in a year - but no, you're right, she means that's her monthly bill!

That's 15x more than I pay, for just over 3 times the floorspace. And a good chunk of her house won't even need to be heated - the spare bedrooms, the halls and landing, and (most of the time) the dining room. And she claims to be using solar-powered lights!

Reactions: 21
I always get so annoyed when she doxxes her landlady like this. For all she knows they may have had to remortgage the house but even if it isn’t mortgage free Jack has no right to just broadcast this to 500k followers.

Reactions: 51
Bloody hell. I had read that as £566 on energy in a year - but no, you're right, she means that's her monthly bill!

That's 15x more than I pay, for just over 3 times the floorspace. And a good chunk of her house won't even need to be heated - the spare bedrooms, the halls and landing, and (most of the time) the dining room. And she claims to be using solar-powered lights!
It must be arrears unless she’s including heating in which case I can fully believe it’s £566. We have a high electric bill but no where near hers and our set up is bigger.

Reactions: 17
If Jack's shithouse onion pictures are being prioritised over my asthma inhalers, currently stuck in the post for a week, then I might just tear a radiator off the wall (and then sit down for a little wheeze)
I honestly don’t think she’s posted a single thing! She’d have provided lots of performative ‘proof’ otherwise.
Hope your inhalers turn up sooner than you think!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.