Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolute scenes at Southend sorting office today. A spokesperson said, "we've never seen so many shithouse onion postcards all at once"!

65141899-11490859-Piles_of_undelivered_post_have_been_pictured_stacking_up_at_depo-a-8_1669923...jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122
Yeah I find the inexplicable egg space in the figures very suspect….
View attachment 1821060
Sorry if it's already been said but if arrangements have been made for a new place to the point where the household has been in training for some weird musical beds game for weeks if not months, surely notice has been given and therefore information about the new rent wouldn’t need to be conveyed?

• Haha
Reactions: 68
So if she is indeed on a 2-year contract, she renewed in Feb '21. That was a month after she cried at Rishi mate because she didn't qualify for self-employment assistance during covid, and a couple of weeks before she disappeared off to the aparthotel for rehab. Louisa had LEFT in about May '20, and returned briefly in the guise of Bubble Buddy over the autumn/winter, but the engagement was not back on.

Given that she could (allegedly) barely afford the bleeping place and had (allegedly) had a huge relapse into alcoholism, what an odd moment to renew for two whole years.

• Heart
Reactions: 101
Wait, she’s offering to help someone? Maybe show her *kind* side so she goes viral and Grifty Kitchen gets some headlines? Chapeau Jack.
(Won’t happen obvs!)
What about working to dismantle structural inequalities that led to this situation in the first place?
Oh...

Reactions: 40
So if she is indeed on a 2-year contract, she renewed in Feb '21. That was a month after she cried at Rishi mate because she didn't qualify for self-employment assistance during covid, and a couple of weeks before she disappeared off to the aparthotel for rehab. Louisa had LEFT in about May '20, and returned briefly in the guise of Bubble Buddy over the autumn/winter, but the engagement was not back on.

Given that she could (allegedly) barely afford the bleeping place and had (allegedly) had a huge relapse into alcoholism, what an odd moment to renew for two whole years.
And this is what I am here for! Forensic.
(oh and all the other lovely stuff we get up to when Jack is quiet).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Wait, she’s offering to help someone? Maybe show her *kind* side so she goes viral and Grifty Kitchen gets some headlines? Chapeau Jack.
(Won’t happen obvs!)
Have you looked at the retweets of the guy she's offering to help? Not sure it's going to go well for her if it goes viral...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Pure speculation m'lud but I suspect the renewal was to guilt trip a certain party into staying to help with the costs.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
If she's downsizing from a three bedroom, multiple reception room, outbuildings, driveway parking and 125ft garden at ~new rent of £1650 ~ moving to a one-bedroom, one reception room (if it was more, she would have a bed, rather than sleeping on the sofa), then surely, the rent for the new place with the lovely landlord must be around £700-800?

bleeping bargain.

Let's all move to Southend, it's ridiculously affordable, surely the best-kept secret of the South-East coast?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Right, ninnies, I’m about to sound like a prick here probably, but why doesn’t she just move somewhere cheaper? She has no job, she appears to have no friends, her kid probs doesn’t live with her. It’s not like it MUST BE SOUTHEND, is it? I mean, I don’t want her as a neighbour but you can rent a very nice 3-bed semi here for about £800-1,000 a month. That would be a room for various mistreated pets, a room for slop and grift and fancy-dress costumes and wigs, and a room for a Smol Pixie to prance/howl/claw about in. Admittedly, she’s unlikely to get shot on a beach here (or just stared at by a bored bloke in camo) but after all the HEARTACHE and MISERY and PAIN she’s suffered so bravely, surely a fresh start would be a wonderful thing?
I think only of her, dear hearts, and not the excitement of being on the front-line of Jackanory.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
This guys photo is what’s in the dictionary when you look up neckbeard 🤢

She really thinks the Daily Mail has her on their ‘notify me if someone tweets list’ that they can make an article out of. She’d bloody love it if they picked up one of hers but even the DM aren’t arsed. (Unfortunately, as evidenced by their wish.com attempt at a hit piece!)
LJC, she's so tedious. 💤

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I expect the top tier Patrons are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of receiving a heavy bundle of 250-ish thick postcards. Royal Mail strike allowing, of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
If I’m not allowed to SS her, please tell me to duck off x

I just know that some Frau have no access/ inclination with Twitter to see the tit show
Casual reference to first time buyers there…

also, calling her son a teenager is one of my aneurysms.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I expect the top tier Patrons are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of receiving a heavy bundle of 250-ish thick postcards. Royal Mail strike allowing, of course.
Imagine if you'd forgotten you set up the Patreon and it had been quietly running on for two years. Then out the blue you get a weighty parcel of shithouse onions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Imagine if you'd forgotten you set up the Patreon and it had been quietly running on for two years. Then out the blue you get a weighty parcel of shithouse onions.
Also didn't some clever Frau work out that the actual amount she would need to post to sort out her backlog was ginormous and certainly signifsnt more than 250 or so crappy postcards. Doesn't touch the sides.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.