Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1790324
Much pov. So sad

Send Christmas cashos
She doesn't actually do that though, does she? I like having my flat cold during the winter - it's currently 15 degrees in here, but I'm nice and toasty as I have merino thermals under my jeans, woolly socks, and a cashmere hoodie.

Jack's been wearing nothing like that in any of her recent selfies. So is she saying that she turns her heating on specially to photograph herself?!

photo_5805241311429769747_y.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
100% this. Showering in a cold house is a very unpleasant experience and hot water bottles are the best!

A little while ago I did a cost comparison of heating in our house. (It'll be different for everyone depending on tariff, fuel, system, etc.)
Run gas central heating for 1 hour: £3
Run an electric room heater for 1 hour: 70p
Personal electric blanket thing (you plug it in and wrap it round you) for 1 hour: 3p
Hot water bottle (lasts for a few hours): 1.5p

We've currently got an ill toddler that refuses to wear a jumper and hot water bottle not much use there sadly!

[/ISPOILER]

Regarding Jack's tips for staying warm. I don't have central heating and my bathroom is particularly cold. Both I and my OH put off showering in the winter because even a piping hot shower does not compensate for the lack of heat elsewhere in the house. As soon as the hot water is turned off, the chill starts coming back and it is unthinkable to me that a "warm" shower would provide an hour's worth of pleasant body heat afterwards. A hot water bottle is the most cost effective, effective heat source in my opinion. Simple as.

Reactions: 33
Its strikes me more and more that many people are facing the coldest, most bleakest winter of their lives this year and despite her claims of working away behind scenes or whatever, in the last few weeks/ months she has not brought out nifty slop or promoted ideas from her up coming book regarding frugal ideas. In fact her book has barely been mentioned.

This is her job( apparently) yet she is nowhere to be seen.
Luckily we’ll get the free e-book of 30 recipes that’s being released alongside Grifty Kitchen!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She doesn't actually do that though, does she? I like having my flat cold during the winter - it's currently 15 degrees in here, but I'm nice and toasty as I have merino thermals under my jeans, woolly socks, and a cashmere hoodie.

Jack's been wearing nothing like that in any of her recent selfies. So is she saying that she turns her heating on specially to photograph herself?!

View attachment 1791392
The advice from the manufacturer of my heating system was to put in on 15 and leave all the internal doors open to ensure the rooms stayed at a good temperature. This isn’t the sign of grinding poverty. BTW, it’s below zero outside here in Scotland.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Reached this from August 9th, nearly 4 months ago:

View attachment 1791251

However, as the Tweet immediately below it in the thread contains a blatant lie boast, and the Tweet immediately preceding it was giving irresponsible and dangerous “advice”, I’m discounting it:

View attachment 1791259
View attachment 1791265
I tried to use this last year for someone I knew in dire need.
Can I shock you? It didn't work.
It is the world's worst website and the only link that worked went back to Jack's blog, complete with tip jar link.
Verdict: Terrible.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
A few hours behind but Jackass Monroe doesn't signpost because her raging narcissism won't allow her to

Anything that takes the focus off her will not be tolerated let alone promoted

If she were to signpost useful things like food banks, warm spaces, government support etc people would be able to compare it with the useless drivel that she spouts, and she would be outed in a moment

Monroe isn't a campaigner, she's a self publicising grifter whose happy to take from people way worse off than her. People in difficult circumstances are paying for her tiffany earrings and associated lifestyle. Not a good look from the self styled queen of thrift

The good news is that she knows she's finished. It's just a matter of time. The patreon will slowly decline, and the talking heads TV slots are already all but finished. Bring on the day that it all crashes down

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
It's been WEEKS but I've finally caught up!

I had a baby 😊 and during the night feeds I decided to put on trash TV and started rewatching Desperate Housewives. Imagine my surprise to watch a Jackanory story come alive before my very eyes.

Susan Delfino, married to Mike and mother to MJ, had a house sale and what do you think was the major drama from the sale? Why it's the tale of the favourite toy being sold! 👀 In Susan's case it was an accidental sale but if course in Jack's world it was sold for mamapapa to buy jam!

At this stage I take it for granted that everything Jack says is a lie but it always makes me laugh when her lies are discovered (Botox forehead anyone?)

Anyway no doubt when I get a second to come back here there will be another 20 threads to catch up on you funny funny bastards 😬🤣
Congratulations and welcome….baby PotHead? I’ll go for baby Harry.

I've always found it weird that more people don't question how much her tattoos cost and the fact she's supposed to be skint. Her palm sized ones will be a couple of hundred quid each at least and she has a lot of them. She'll have a couple of grands worth altogether I reckon, and I've noticed them increase over the years when she was supposedly penniless.
It’s been mithered over a lot. Also they are investment pieces that she can sell in case she’s ever in poverty again. Or they were kindly gifted.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think the maths is different. For example Del Monte paid her ???. If it was £10,000 she is saying she made Del Monte give that much to charity. There was a donation to charity with the Del Monte campaign, I think to a breakfast club, Magic Breakfast. There were also donations of Del Monte products. If Jack did not want to broadcast these donations (doing charitable work quietly, etc.) I think the organisations themselves would have been right in there doing the publicity themselves as it would reflect well on them. Superdrug, for instance, Netflix etc.

eta - Del Monte gave £10,000 to Magic Breakfast.
i get what you are saying, the point I’m very badly putting across is she’s saying (boasting) that scheme is part of a payment reward she has when she does work like that, whatever her payment is or more has to go towards poverty but then fucks it when she says 1/4 mil people have been helped with the £49 scheme that was part of her payment, probably me reading it wrong but that’s how I read what she is trying to imply.

Reactions: 22
There is a new thread on the parenting site the title is Jack Monroe - just when you think she can't sink any lower .
Idiots are defending her but getting some backlash.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
There is a new thread on the parenting site the title is Jack Monroe - just when you think she can't sink any lower .
Thank(space)you. Some are not holding back, those types of responses would’ve been unthinkable only six months ago. Almost had to stop reading due to 💀⚰ when I hit the post citing her “lovely bean burgers” as a defence to the grifting and indefensible monetising of the sharing of intimate - albeit possibly fictional - details of her son’s life.

Edit: Moderators have already nuked the thread.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Christ alive they really are quite bland and dull over there aren’t they? I have so much fun here with you ninnies!! Chapeau 🎩 my dearest frauen & herren

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
A few hours behind but Jackass Monroe doesn't signpost because her raging narcissism won't allow her to

Anything that takes the focus off her will not be tolerated let alone promoted

If she were to signpost useful things like food banks, warm spaces, government support etc people would be able to compare it with the useless drivel that she spouts, and she would be outed in a moment

Monroe isn't a campaigner, she's a self publicising grifter whose happy to take from people way worse off than her. People in difficult circumstances are paying for her tiffany earrings and associated lifestyle. Not a good look from the self styled queen of thrift

The good news is that she knows she's finished. It's just a matter of time. The patreon will slowly decline, and the talking heads TV slots are already all but finished. Bring on the day that it all crashes down
It's stuff like this that made me realise that she is just an unprofessional narc grifter rather than an actual campaigner. She has such a big platform, why on earth* is she not using it to elevate important causes and sources of reliable advice (NOT cancel your direct debit or apply for a non existent voucher...)?
Even if she really is working softly, gently behind the scenes on her campaigning (for what? What is her coherent ask??) retweeting or signposting to reliable and useful resources costs nothing. Even having a bunch of scheduled tweets linking to her "best" budget recipes would be useful (to people without teeth or tastebuds). But no, it's all POOR ME SAD MENTALS LOOK AT MY KETTLE MY SON HE IS SICK TROLLS TROOOOOLLLLLLS

*because she's an attention-seeking narc who wouldn't know how to graciously promote someone else even if she tried

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Christ alive they really are quite bland and dull over there aren’t they? I have so much fun here with you ninnies!! Chapeau 🎩 my dearest frauen & herren
I do like a can’t-sleep-peek at A*BU sometimes. The absolute mundanity of most of it. Constant brain farts from people as exciting as your Aunt on Facebook, just talking into the void for the sake of doing SOMETHING.

“Is it wrong to eat the last fish finger?” OH I DON’T KNOW, WHO GIVES A duck!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
A bit OT but if people are interested in learning more about AA, there is a documentary airing tonight on BBC2 at 9pm about the history of the fellowship! They have used deepfake technology to maintain personal anonymity, I am quite excited!
sorry as very off topic but - How can they be sure that the fake they use doesn't look like someone real !

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
How many similarities are there between our Jackie Gal & Megan/Harry??
I can’t believe Jackie hasn’t pointed them out to us.
Someone’s slacking.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Regarding nearly teenager.

If he's as sick as she says, then he needs medical attention and certainly shouldn't be going to school.
If he isn't as sick as she says, then it's once again a case of her using her child to fish for sympathy on twitter.

Both of the above are irresponsible at the very least. (That was the best description I could come up with rather than saying exactly what I think)

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.