Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This is from July 2014. People were already taking the piss out of her

View attachment 1750976
The whole comments section reads like her Twitter with the Jack Stans launching in to protect the smol Pixie.
This comment made me laugh - 8 years later nothing has changed......

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
I think she told a tale of punching him in the face which if true (lol) would suggest the estrangement is from his side rather than hers. I reckon (reckoning things about jacks life that I have no insight into is my no. 1 hobby these days) that the brother won't be around her hence her not being included in family events. eg. littlest bro delivering her sunday dinner to her rather than her (& her son that lives with her for defs) being at the family table.
She did. I know this will shock everyone here but I think it's a lie. It was in her initial bizarre rant but deleted in one of the many later updates. It's possible someone had a word.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She did. I know this will shock everyone here but I think it's a lie. It was in her initial bizarre rant but deleted in one of the many later updates. It's possible someone had a word.
I think that there are certain people in her family who are off limits wrt her creating ~content~ around them (ie tweeting/blogging anything about them). She can't stop herself from dropping her mum and her dad in it, constantly, but I think they've made it clear that her siblings are completely off limits.

Reactions: 42
There's a recent cover photo on Big D's Facebook with the siblings. Jack is standing next to said brother so who knows what the relationship is like now.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
The whole comments section reads like her Twitter with the Jack Stans launching in to protect the smol Pixie.
This comment made me laugh - 8 years later nothing has changed......
It’s a particularly nice feeling when the justification comes from the past!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I would feel bad for her in a way because sons are definitely lionised over daughters in conservative Greek cultures (if Jack was brought up in such a culture, which I doubt). I think it's more likely that Jack is jealous of or resentful of Iannis in some way. Maybe he questioned some of her life choices. Maybe he criticised the way she hurt her parents with her pov cosplay.

Thing is family members will do stuff like that, sometimes because they care, and sometimes it comes out wrong or is actually malevolent because families and relationships are complicated. It's up to you how you handle it. You can avoid or reduce your relationship with a difficult family member without slagging them off in public (eh Prince Harry?).

I just think that Jack repeatedly shows jealousy of her siblings - her natal ones and the foster children. I think she just wanted to be the centre of attention at all times. And got a severe and deep narcissistic ego wound when she wasn't. She she displays that wound until this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
There's a recent cover photo on Big D's Facebook with the siblings. Jack is standing next to said brother so who knows what the relationship is like now.
It might be fine or they might just have been told to pretend to get on to avoid ruining gatherings for everyone else.

Reactions: 35
I think that there are certain people in her family who are off limits wrt her creating ~content~ around them (ie tweeting/blogging anything about them). She can't stop herself from dropping her mum and her dad in it, constantly, but I think they've made it clear that her siblings are completely off limits.
Except that she hasn't respected that, cos she's slagged off Yannis, and she also used her foster brother, a POC, as a very clumsy pawn during 2020 when she tried to prove she supported BLM by performatively cutting his hair. (A particularly cringey moment in the JackAnnals).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
She's really got a thing for implying that she's cute/small/fairylike. Using the word "imp" really makes me cringe. Does she even get that it stands for "I Make-up Pish"?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Except that she hasn't respected that, cos she's slagged off Yannis, and she also used her foster brother, a POC, as a very clumsy pawn during 2020 when she tried to prove she supported BLM by performatively cutting his hair. (A particularly cringey moment in the JackAnnals).
Oh absolutely. She hasn't stuck to it but she seems to do it in a more roundabout way that when she's chatting tit about her mum and dad. We never, ever hear about her sister, for example, and I think she knew she was crossing a line when she wrote that about her brother.

Reactions: 38
As @DisgruntledGoat said, someone was a friend of a friend - apparently he worked in the city, not a little shop as Jacko had implied (I believe), that he was nice, polite and well hung sorry I made that bit up, well OFF. He was nicknamed Old Harold by the fraus, although OH also means Other Half in Wackoland. :unsure: #confuseddotcom

I do wonder if new fraus visiting these threads think we're all lovey-dovey's when we call each other loving terms - for those who don't know, this came about because Mom (Nigella) replied to Jack with some utter drivel of the "luvvy" kind. Something like "plushy velvet one" (I could have made that up but you get the idea).

I've been wondering what 'my dear heart' was about. I'm contemplating grunking from day one but I think it would take me a year and a half.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
i wonder if Jack's brother confronted her over her blatant lies about their childhood?

I'm an only child so can't really say for sure, but surely it would piss you off to see your sibling talking absolute bollocks about their upbringing?

I've been wondering what 'my dear heart' was about. I'm contemplating grunking from day one but I think it would take me a year and a half.
Yeah I always wonder if people think I'm an absolute prick with my liberal use of tender one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Like many of us, I first became aware of Jack through her Guardian column.

Funnily enough, there was one prolific commenter on a lot of the food pages who still pops up regularly to say nice things to Jack on Twitter (well, same user name & pic, so I assume the same person). I wonder how many of Jack's recipes they have made, in all these years of following her?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
He also 1. Wears hats like hers and they used to have fun counting them
View attachment 1750114View attachment 1750115

2. Has mugs and crockery like hers which means they’re “as good as married”
View attachment 1749998
3. Has to stay with her til next spring cos she put him in her new book acknowledgements, which he “took quite well”
View attachment 1750014View attachment 1750015
4. Dumped her stupid ass 3 weeks after she posted 3. above in “a bolt from the blue after a lovely weekend away”. No idea what went wrong. Such a curve ball!
View attachment 1750017
Oh PS he also has parents that she made
(thanks to @Marmalade Atkins @Boyo @blurstoftimes and @Sideboard Bob for the screenies)
The way she writes makes me feel physically, grindingly, jarringly, ill. Close thesaurus, insert overused lyrics from Evita etc, etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
1669116181247.png

2¾-year-old sat next to me just said, "What's that thing with the ears in the mud? Is it for babies?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I very strongly suspect Harold decided to check her twitter one sunny morning in Dordrecht and that was what caused the problems.
Probably the first he’d heard of the marriage and baby plans.

I suspect the ouchy shoulder train chaos also played a part. I’m imagining him watching a grown woman in thrice worn jeans rolling on the train carriage floor moaning loudly, occasionally picking up her phone to tweet. I mean, anyone would get the ick immediately.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
i wonder if Jack's brother confronted her over her blatant lies about their childhood?

I'm an only child so can't really say for sure, but surely it would piss you off to see your sibling talking absolute bollocks about their upbringing?

Yeah I always wonder if people think I'm an absolute prick with my liberal use of tender one.
If I caught my brother telling mental lies about me or the rest of the family he'd never hear the end of it. There would be slaggings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.