Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's she on about with peppercorn rent?! I pay peppercorn rent or ground rent as a leaseholder. Is she getting confused with Ye Olden Days and Surfs and Land Squires?
It's just a word she's heard goes with rent.

My new build office 🔺 pays a few quid a month peppercorn rent to the developer for Reasons. And it's literally a very few quid.

I sincerely doubt there is anything peppercorn about the rent incomes Jack's rellies get (or got).

Reactions: 49
Nice white walled kitchen there.

On top of everything else I've now got covid. Feel dreadful. That's why I've not written up my Peach Drizzle Brick effort.
Sorry to hear that, tender one... Are we sure the Peach Brick hasn't made things worse? 😁 Sending healing-os.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Good morning. Dropping in to say that the Guardian recipes were my first encounter with La Monroe. I remember criticising her for appropriating the names of national dishes for her half formed slop and I was accused of being a snark or a snob or whatever. Which made me feel pretty crappy and blunted my gut feeling that there was somethng off about her to the point I once bunged her £20 out of guilt. So imagine my joy when I realised my first impressions were right, right, right. Thank you restoring my trust in my own judgment. Now duck off (sorry, don't know how to hide text).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 126
Red flag sign of a crank if you fall out with family members over political differences of opinion. Unless your bro is Goebbels get the duck over yourself. If you're confident in your principles they can stand up to either robust debate or tacit disagreement. Of course Jack can't accept either. Throwing a brother away over a difference of stance is odious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
And it's not just young people. I have a couple of colleagues in their 60s who are unable to retire because they rent and can't continue to do so on their pension.

But when has Jack ever done any useful campaigning on these issues? It's all woe-is-me for not having a mansion...
Christ that is just terrible.

Reactions: 26
Red flag sign of a crank if you fall out with family members over political differences of opinion. Unless your bro is Goebbels get the duck over yourself. If you're confident in your principles they can stand up to either robust debate or tacit disagreement. Of course Jack can't accept either. Throwing a brother away over a difference of stance is odious.
Especially when pics like this exist 🥴
3358AA11-FC20-42BB-A15C-6A1B28EE6199.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
There’s a row on Twitter that started with Jack replying on Saturday morning, about earrings, which has now turned into what looks like a seven-way multiple argument, still going now, and Tiffany & Co are STILL tagged in!

I kind of hope she reactivates again soon.
Amazing, isn’t it - the famous Self Sustaining Argument. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Red flag sign of a crank if you fall out with family members over political differences of opinion.
I have a feeling that's not what the estrangement was about and that Jack's doing her usual DARVO with that explanation.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
It's utter bollocks and makes me very angry.

I've worked with and do work with people who are on that sort of amount when they are on a taper for detox. For context it's about 500ml/750ml of whiskey a day. It's irresponsible to suggest that long term consumption at that level can just be stopped without serious immediate consequences. It's irresponsible to suggest that just stopping drinking 200+ units a week can be done just like that and you'll be fine. The people I work with are exhausted, broken and have got themselves into some really difficult and chaotic situations. They most certainly aren't living their best life after a week.
How much more damage can she do? And is there *anything* she hasn't lied about? I believed the sober act like a fool, because why would you lie about something like that? I know better now, but 🤦‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I wonder if she deleted her twatter because she wants rudies with her Tony Hart paintshop man.
Anyone seeing her twitter would feel their nuts shrivel and block her.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Direct report Jack would be utterly unsufferable, other than the fact that she would be absent a lot and you wouldn't have to hear her whiny horrible voice too often.
Would have lasted (maybe) a day with me... Then again, she wouldn't have passed the interview stage.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if she deleted her twatter because she wants rudies with her Tony Hart paintshop man.
Anyone seeing her twitter would feel their nuts shrivel and block her.
I very strongly suspect Harold decided to check her twitter one sunny morning in Dordrecht and that was what caused the problems.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
I don't believe she argued with her brother about politics. I think when that family gets together around the table their views are all pretty much the same, regardless of what she pretends to be in the media. And that includes Big Not Really A Marxist Dave OBE.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I have a feeling that's not what the estrangement was about and that Jack's doing her usual DARVO with that explanation.
I think she told a tale of punching him in the face which if true (lol) would suggest the estrangement is from his side rather than hers. I reckon (reckoning things about jacks life that I have no insight into is my no. 1 hobby these days) that the brother won't be around her hence her not being included in family events. eg. littlest bro delivering her sunday dinner to her rather than her (& her son that lives with her for defs) being at the family table.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.