Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ran the Brighton marathon in 2016 with a place from a very big national charity. It’s not like one of the big 6 races, where charity places require thousands, mine was £350 minimum I think. So she over stretched herself, but didn’t take away from someone else doing it. Also, I only chose to do it after I didn’t get a place in London, it wasn’t a mega competitive ballot like that one

But as someone else pointed out, I doubt she ever even signed up for it.

That’s a good point, I assumed it was the same as London. PLEASE STOP ABUSING ME BY GENTLY POINTING OUT MY MISTAKE. JUST STOP

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It’s amazing how many groups of people in social settings are just kicking around waiting to take her down a peg or two. Perhaps they’re all related to the EVIL School Governor from when she was 7.

View attachment 1753755
The key two words there are "I imagined". That's all you need to know.
Edit to add - whatever happened with the Welsh gig will be ALL OUR FAULT.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I wish I'd put money on her not being there now 😂 Thank the lord the people of Wales have been spared her ill-informed rantings

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Jack and her chip on her shoulder about education really grates my mushrooms. I’m 50, I had similar GCSE results to Jack, took a vocational BTEC rather than A levels and spent over twenty five years working backstage in theatre. Due to various circumstances I gave that up a few years ago and decided to try and see if I could go back to education. I took an access course at a local sixth form college and I’m now in the second year of my degree. There has never been anything stopping Jack from getting a degree if she put her mind to it, yet she acts like Borbora and co and her four and a half GCSEs slammed the door on education to her permanently and left her like the poor little match girl pressing her nose up against the window of higher education.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I ran the Brighton marathon in 2016 with a place from a very big national charity. It’s not like one of the big 6 races, where charity places require thousands, mine was £350 minimum I think. So she over stretched herself, but didn’t take away from someone else doing it. Also, I only chose to do it after I didn’t get a place in London, it wasn’t a mega competitive ballot like that one

But as someone else pointed out, I doubt she ever even signed up for it.
Jack trying to get a BQ. Now that would be something I would ~love~ to see.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Lol, she’d kill it at my old schools 6th form debating society (if she’d made it as far as 6th form, obviously)

“I was thinking of writing a piece about elon musk’s space program, I must therefore visit the moon”
I'm sure she did a whole blog post about her planned trip to Auschwitz with Big Dave, in order that she finally understood the horror of the Holocaust.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
As we’ve been denied a live Jack today and as we’ve had Singing Jack and Piano Jack on the thread. I feel it only right that we have Poetry Jack to complete the trifecta (and as we’ve traumatized the Music Teachers, it seems cruel to leave out the English Teachers)
I feel like she's trying for an Amy Winehouse persona here. Except without the talent or authenticity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Not squiggling cos 66k followers but… this is what support looks like
Lucy Beaumont is a real life angel.
I can't say why precisely, but she is.
I adore her to absolute pieces, even if she came round my gaff and kicked my cat, I'd still make her a cuppa.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
What are the odds this will be blamed on a move-related Chaos?

Archives with Jack 🤦‍♀️
Without Jack 🙅‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Do we know she’s back on twitter - sorry if already told just looked on twitter
588FD7E7-A4F1-418B-9390-8C85E00EF13F.jpeg

ETA: and she’s gone again 🤦‍♀️

C8FC9823-C65D-45CE-8419-9576F8A063BE.jpeg

She must have just popped in

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Jack and her chip on her shoulder about education really grates my mushrooms. I’m 50, I had similar GCSE results to Jack, took a vocational BTEC rather than A levels and spent over twenty five years working backstage in theatre. Due to various circumstances I gave that up a few years ago and decided to try and see if I could go back to education. I took an access course at a local sixth form college and I’m now in the second year of my degree. There has never been anything stopping Jack from getting a degree if she put her mind to it, yet she acts like Borbora and co and her four and a half GCSEs slammed the door on education to her permanently and left her like the poor little match girl pressing her nose up against the window of higher education.
I’m another access course Frau and yes, I find her statements about dropping out of school into, what was it? “A never ending cycle of minimum wage jobs” or some tit, just ridiculous. I was mid-20s when I did my access course, having left school after GCSEs and pissing about not knowing what to do with myself (plus being hit with awful mental health issues). We had a huge age range on the course from 21 to 60s, all sorts of backgrounds. There was even support for those on benefits including zero tuition fees and childcare help, plus you could opt to do one year full time or do it in the evenings over two years. You needed to get a C or above in English and Maths, but if you didn’t have that, you could also do these alongside your course. There weren’t any other entry requirements at the time. Going to go a bit Jack and brag here - I ended up getting onto a highly competitive uni course and many of my friends from college have great careers now.

Of course, we all know why Jack wouldn’t go down this path. She’s bone idle and prefers to rage against the unfair universe rather than do a single thing to make her life better. She’d rather piss around with some free OU courses or MLM adjacent nutrition ‘degree’ than actually go through the education system because in her head she’s so much smarter than everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
she must have reinstated to delete stuff

hello jack! 👋

Re the Wales gig, the woman who is now doing the keynote speech was already on the panel that followed. I bet the organisers were v relieved to have someone competent to replace the malevolent imp

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.