Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way multiple people have thought to say that is if she is directly asking them 'do you think I'm military around the edges?'

Also, if all her ex employers are saying it maybe we have the reason for all her random dismissals, as being hard around the edges doesn't sound like a great trait for people who work in the customer-facing retail and hospitality industries.
It's bullshit anyway. Like many others on this thread I have family and friends who are / who've been in the military.

Traits they do tend to exhibit - adaptable, good with people, bring good energy to a party, organised, honest, straightforward, detail oriented.

Traits they do not exhibit - shake like a shitting dog, lose their tit on twitter, grift, lie, boast constantly, or bring up traumatic memories in great detail.

I do not think anyone has ever told Jackie she is military around the edges.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
It's a funny old world, isn't it? That Man "adapts" jollof rice, and gets castigated, JM murders bibimbap, and... crickets.
I still don’t understand how she wasn’t cancelled after the Cameron comments, sainsbos sacked her, but she still got hi profile work 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 52
Military round the edges is honestly one of the thickest things an adult has ever said. It’s something I would expect from those men who wears costumes at the weekend and pretend they were in the Great War.
She might as well say she’s a ‘millionaire round the edges’
I'm a pre rich millionaire, I'm a millionaire but just don't have the money. Send cashos or join my Pateroen (I promise to take your money every month and give you absolutely nothing in return)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
💥 Here it is! Most of her “food” is back in 2014ish, but she was happy to argue about everything she’d written, so it’s a “painstakingly marauding cacophony” of comments that makes her look a right nob/completely vile actually.

EDIT: some are deeply offensive and potentially triggering including on first page, so just WARNED before clicking
This is a bleeping goldmine. Well done for finding this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I expect so. It’s just so badly written that it boils my piss she got paid for it - particularly when she’s writing about something so sensitive
It's so hard for a working-class woman to make it in the media. :cry:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
If I caught my brother telling mental lies about me or the rest of the family he'd never hear the end of it. There would be slaggings.
Yea but I’m guessing that when the sibling in question is such a pathological liar, after say, the 1000th time of calling her out, there comes a point where you just can’t be arsed anymore …

Reactions: 24
Yes, actual peppercorn rent can be absolutely minimal, and even non-monetary. It's just a token exchange to make a contact legal. I've seen old newsreel footage of a US government representative handing over a literal peppercorn to a British official to satisfy the lease of British-controlled land to the US for military purposes.

As with others words or phrases, it seems to be something JM has heard, misinterpreted, and thus uses in the wrong context.
I thought peppercorn rent was a macrophilanthropic concept? aka it doesn’t mean what she thinks it means.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
It's the oddest thing, we work closely with the fire service at work. House fire deaths are thankfully incredibly rare in the UK. In fact some fire fighters we've spoken with over the years have gone their whole careers without having to deal with house fire fatalities. Quite why Jack experienced this so graphically in the short space of time she was actually in work is beyond me.
Exactly this, I have an acquaintance who is retired fire service & they've said they are called out to road accidents , suspected chemical spills, flooding etc just as much if not more than fires. Call outs like these are likely from other agencies, eg police on scene of accident - gonna need fire service etc not some random member of public howling down the phone in mortal danger. Also many many fires reported are small kitchen fires, barbecues, garages & sheds etc not roaring blazes ripping through hmo's with no fire exits ffs.

(I nearly called 999 a few weeks ago as i was house sitting & lit the woodburner, shortly afterwards room filled with black smoke & highly effective smoke alarms & alexa started going off. I couldnt find cause & was starting to stress - had only been there a few hours! Just before i dialled i realised that the bone dry wood had been stacked right against the stove & was just starting to go up. I pulled the lit one out onto hearth & that was that. Imagine that call! THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!! OH HANG ON, NO ITS NOT. Sorry about that. As you were. So terribly sorry.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Sorry if this lands wrong, I'm a few pages behind but I'm just mithering about the comments on her old Guardian articles pointing out how tit the recipes/costings are...

Do you think this is the origin of the 'trolling & abuse' she claims to have suffered? People pointing out that the recipes don't work or the amounts aren't adequate or the pricing is off because of the stocked-larder issue - all valid questions and criticisms that she immediately saw as trolling because perish the thought she receive an ounce of criticism? I can see how her mind would grab onto that and twist it and grow it into a massive thing she then used as narc fuel - something to battle against and to manipulate her fans/readers into feeling sorry for her.

Anyway, just mithering... as you were ninnies.
I would imagine this nonsense started at birth
Yea but I’m guessing that when the sibling in question is such a pathological liar, after say, the 1000th time of calling her out, there comes a point where you just can’t be arsed anymore …
agree with this because it never, ever ends. There is no magic moment where the narcissist goes 'you know what you're right that was bullshit/uncalled for/downright shite.' in my experience they might apologise but it's just - performance and the mask doesn't take long to slio again and you find yourself back in the middle of a nightmare. All you can do is protect yourself and sometimes that means ignoring them completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sitting waiting at the GP surgery so have been looking at one of jack’s many Facebook profiles. Hooting at this
6E01AE22-5A67-4179-9D74-12ADC8EC1289.jpeg
79009196-5A56-47D5-A3AF-B62ED8CDB288.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Jumping on the #DordrechtTheories to say after the work trip, OH's colleagues, horrified at the spectacle in front of them, googled the duck out of her (because of course she'll have been bragging the whole time about her extensive media career). When they got back to the office they took him to one side and filled him in on her social media back catalogue and said MATE, NO. NOPE. ABSOLUTELY THE duck NOT. WE ARE STAGING INTERVENTION-OS

And as he learned about everything in all its gory detail he softly, gently, backed the duck away until he was far enough to turn and run in fear of his sperm being stolen life

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
That link to her Guardian profile has led me down the rabbit hole of reading some of her awful columns again. This bit stood out in the Cameron Firefighter one. So when BD retired he was on less than £28K a year but she was on £27K as a call operator in 2011?
View attachment 1751404
Weird that he was on so little as the lead manager for multiple safeguarding teams, considering the average wage for someone in that role in the fires service is over £50k

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.