Jack Monroe #429 Jack, please stop pretending to have friends. It's embarrassing for all of us.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1743365

Yes, I bet SB can't wait to have his room done up like a middle aged spinsters' spare room. All his mates will be dead jealous. 'Ultimate revenge' did make me 🍾 🦉 ,Jack should call her next slop book "Jack Monroe's Ultimate Revenge" and dedicate the whole thing to the canal or a woman who once looked at her a bit funny down Asda.
Oh, she is buying it! So sure that this one will be the perfect forever-home for her and the child she doesn't live with. Wonder what makes her so confident that they'll be able to stay in this dream home that she wasn't sure about getting just a few Tweets ago?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I reckon the reason Jacks name was the only one on the tenancy was cos she signed for it by herself and presented it to LJC as a fait accompli. After the lovebombing comes the coercion.

Also, making SIXTEEN bookshelves into a single unit?? How big is this “small flat” anyway? Is she moving into the Great Hall at Hampton Court?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
Aren’t there screenshots within the last 2 years of her claiming various types of rolling tenancies?
There are. Also note she was claiming earlier this year that they'd both signed the lease but she was the lead tenant but now she's saying LJC didn't sign it at all, which in any case doesn't matter because it's been on a rolling monthly lease since October 2020 but now isn't because reasons.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 16.21.06.png

Screenshot 2022-11-19 16.20.41.png

Screenshot 2022-11-19 16.20.18.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Okay, so I don't know how UK rental laws work, but surely the worst that the landlord could do would be withholding Jack's deposit? Which would sting, but they can't force her to pay for 2 years' rent if she moves out early, right? Please tell me if I'm wrong here, because that seems INSANE. How can you force someone to keep a tenancy??
I'm not sure but I would have thought the rent bouncing every month would have made the landlord/letting agents want rid of her. Except she also paid the rent in full on time every month. In her two-year contract that was also rolling over from month to month.

• Haha
Reactions: 83
Okay, so I don't know how UK rental laws work, but surely the worst that the landlord could do would be withholding Jack's deposit? Which would sting, but they can't force her to pay for 2 years' rent if she moves out early, right? Please tell me if I'm wrong here, because that seems INSANE. How can you force someone to keep a tenancy??
They can force her to pay until they find a new tenant (assuming she doesn’t have a break clause). But they’d have to really dislike her specifically to be vindictive enough to advertise it at a high enough price that it’s likely to be on the market for the length of a long duration tenancy.

The housing market seems fairly stable in Southend and it’s a nice house so it would probably “only” be a few months at most - it unquestionably does trap people who can’t afford the simultaneous two payments, but Jack’s Patreon money alone would have covered that.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
I am absolutely in bits at the skip!

my 🥰🥰🥰 lovely 🥰🥰 tiny home 🥰🥰🥰 that love 🥰🥰🥰 built, complete with a skip!

I can't cope 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.