Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(ETA if I understand correctly from reading their truly awful trustpilot reviews, Patreon pulls cash from you on the day you subscribe, but regardless of what day of the month that is, pulls your second payment from you on the first day of the next month, so if you subscribe on 29 Jan, you’ll have money pulled on 29 Jan and 1 feb too. Don’t take this as fact until clarified by Patreon expert fraus. WARNED.)
It depends on the Patreon. I signed up to one a few months ago and I had immediate and full access to the whole page but wasn't charged until the 1st of the following month.

Patreon offers several billing options:

1667546794425.png

1667546859555.png

1667546891864.png

1667546924733.png

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't think she got any other money confused with teemill money, the dashboard is too clear. I think its more likely she out and out lied, and boasted of big figures as the canal were vocal at the time about it being a rushed idea with tit merch. She was hyped up on attention (and/or the cold weather) at the time, proper giddy with it.

She could have just shared a picture or two of this dashboard which would have really shown everyone what had been raised. Instead, she shared a spreadsheet that seemed to have been made by her, listing all the sales. It didn't look like anything teemill produce.

Screenshot_20221104-072609_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 55
🖼 🎵 💐 Creative Interlude 💐 🎵 🖼
(technically it’s allegedly a song but as she hasn’t provided the Music, we’ll be treating the Lyrics as a poem. About a girl with a “middle class voice” who bought and owned a lot of tit.

E0A49BBA-0B81-4FB8-BEEF-83DE8145E4BF.jpeg
04FE81DF-5D96-4CC2-B60D-9BDAB9B5296A.jpeg
565C6B9A-44C0-4E20-A390-EE1AC839037E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
I've previously been of the belief that the £10k in 2 days is bullshit but her COVID fundraiser raised £40k in one day so I think it's feasible. She could of course clear this up by showing overall profit but y'know.

Screenshot_20221104_073119.jpg
Screenshot_20221104_072659.jpg

Which once again begs the question, how did sales drop off so suddenly whilst her covid fundraiser managed to double. There'd 100% have been a taper.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
I've previously been of the belief that the £10k in 2 days is bullshit but her COVID fundraiser raised £40k in one day so I think it's feasible. She could of course clear this up by showing overall profit but y'know.

View attachment 1703015View attachment 1703016

Which once again begs the question, how did sales drop off so suddenly whilst her covid fundraiser managed to double. There'd 100% have been a taper.
I think that more people would donate £20 directly to a charity rather than spend £20 on merch with a stupid slogan on it. I know I would - I have enough tote bags to last me a lifetime and I don't wear clothes with slogans.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Interestingly, March 4th IS the day Jack would have received her newly big patreon payout after Nigella boosted the numbers through Jan/Feb.
It was a busy day for Jack.

04F13122-22D3-4916-A557-B77F3A4FDFA5.jpeg

Also, we ever find out what this was? (7th Mar)

065AF2A6-B68E-41FA-87D7-0D2DF4C8E7BF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
I think I'm going to be sick and for once it's not slop-related. :sick::sick:

It's not even a humblebrag. It's just four brags for the price of one:

-I have a big shiny eagle with my name on it!
-I have a drawer full of letters because people think my work is amazing!
-I'm such a great parent because I never get annoyed and my kid adores me.
-I'm above caring about superficial things such as awards. *Ascends to a higher spiritual plane*

Blurgh!
What a lovely story. The first bit about the eagle sounds legit but I somehow still want to zoom in on the name.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

View attachment 1703015View attachment 1703016

The merch though wasn't cheap, with a straight donation fundraiser you'd get far more people contributing, popping in smaller £5/£10 donations. Some people would drop in much larger donations, I'm sure we've seen 1k donations on her fundraisers before. With the merch they were tied into spending a specific amount, which would rule out a lot of the smaller contributers, and people that could afford the large donations would be less likely to order say 50 t-shirts as an equivalent. I think she just lied tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Interestingly, March 4th IS the day Jack would have received her newly big patreon payout after Nigella boosted the numbers through Jan/Feb.
It makes you wonder if Jack is so angry about it because she donated more than it earned to TT in the first place yet she can't actually say so as she'd be caught in a lie... really makes you think...

Beaten to it by Jenny Numbers!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I have bee thinking and i think she should give a free copy of her book to her patrons. They have supported her for two years, despite not receiving rewards. Its the least she can do, however i do realise that is 700 books money, however i think the poor suckers deserve something. This book will probably go the way of the last one and flop.
duck me, haven’t they suffered enough without being “rewarded” with a book full of slop and tips on how to recycle your pubic hair from the plughole to knit your family warm hats?

She does have previous for threatening to inflict her books because she’s too BUSY to fulfill her Patreon rewards though. In 2018, four and a half years ago when she already wasn’t fulfilling them. No word whether she actually did so or it was simply an April Fools prank from the jolly thieving smol japester

6EBCD35A-8D22-4343-8D3A-A68F942B9D83.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
"The nature of my work means stuff gets -destroyed-"

What? What?

You're a "cook", twitter twit and media "personality", you're not working down the frigging mines.

Put a bloody apron on and, I don't know, use a knife strop instead of your boiler suit, cos duck knows what else you could be doing to ruin your clothes. The mind boggles. My aneurysm!
Bwah hah hah. She totes thought she was on the cusp of a telly career, not knowing that DKL would show the nation, tv producers and everyone else that she is the worst telly cook who ever turned on a hob

• Haha
Reactions: 45
What a lovely story. The first bit about the eagle sounds legit but I somehow still want to zoom in on the name.
I was trying to find an appropriate eagle gif and came across this classic. Never gets old.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.