Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many people are recommending Jack's food to her. :(
This is exactly the reason I'm angry. Her portions are not enough, the calorie content are pitifully low. People recommending her have probably never even tried to make and eat her slop either. It's dangerous

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Jumping in from a week ago but reading the therapist comments… she is unbelievable. The tweet is still up now, I checked. That poor boy, I hope his mates don’t see that.

And the list of stuff. OMG, I thought I had a lot of tat but nothing compared to that. You have done a stellar job @That Forensic Man collating that. Chapeau 🎩 She could have bought a house!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I am an idiot and therefore can’t work out how to link to a post from a previous thread but @MistyWindows’ post about Jack’s Insta gave me questions.

Is there an *ink stain* on the bottom of that spoon? <starts to feel queasy>

Speaking of queasy, how the Slopalong has mushroomed is awesome but I am so relieved it’s in a separate thread so I can dip in and out of the slop at points my stomach can take it. SO sad there’s no official Dorito Tamales recipe I can tackle for the team so will softly, gently cheer on from the sidelines instead.

Can’t help thinking a thread where 40+ people systematically debunk any merit/tastiness/cookability of Jack’s recipes is actually incredibly, powerfully damning.
Probably the sad ninny Hausfrauen have mentioned it but this looks as if Jack had stuck the toothbrush I am currently using 🔺into the slop.
I love the idea of a slopathon. Can each of us host a show on Zoom, talk most of the time with the back to the camera and add plenty of top nifty grifty tips, please?
Like: always chuck onions into cold cold oil, use a tea
bag as red wine replacement and finish off with blitzing old bagged salad?
To hide the interior of my home I will use an Easter Eamonn Islands poster.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
God, staying off the haunted bird app like this must be killing her. I’ll bet she’s chewed her fingernails down to the bone - the upside, of course, being that she’ll have had more nutrients than she normally gets from her cooking.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Thought this might amuse the canal… a friend sent me one of these lists of people humble bragging and being general twats. And look who turns up!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 121
As an aside, she is obsessed with adding Apple sauce which is a very American thing
Has she even tried doing that, I wonder? Because in the States 'applesauce' is very much an individual pudding sized serving kind of product rather than a condiment, and it's basically pureed fruit. Nothing like the stuff you can buy in the supermarkets in the UK.

Reactions: 31
Has she even tried doing that, I wonder? Because in the States 'applesauce' is very much an individual pudding sized serving kind of product rather than a condiment, and it's basically pureed fruit. Nothing like the stuff you can buy in the supermarkets in the UK.
I was curious about this too, so I Googled it. It's recommended as an egg substitute in a fair number of vegan/vegetarian dishes, which is maybe why she uses it so much. However, that's no guarantee that she's actually tried it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Thought this might amuse the canal… a friend sent me one of these lists of people humble bragging and being general twats. And look who turns up!

I bet my store cupboard Jack was actually bleeping furious at SB. She is a horror

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
Wouldn’t it be fab if one of Jack’s mega corporate clients paying for her magnificence - bit like the Google gig - surprised our smol hero and their guests with the kitchen following a JM recipe for the evening meal? Sausangne, let’s be havin you, piggy pumble, bring it on, boak on the bed Carbonara, em not on a work night please, and any other absolutely bogging thing she has thrown together as a suggestion. It would be epic watching her have to chow down on the slop whilst maintaining they needed to replace the chef.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’m guessing the double handed shot of that grey bilge means it’s from the Louisa smoothie bowl period? Or is it soup?

The colour matches no known foodstuff so I really can’t tell whether it’s sweet or savoury.
It could be the boiled down soap.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Fraus...today was GLORIOUS! You may recall I mentioned a colleague who was all up in Jack's unruly labia I mean, defence, and saying she was a genius etc, how folk should leave her alone....?

Well. Today, I discovered said colleague signed up for Jack's Patreon some time ago and hasn't received a single thing and now is claiming that Jack is a FRAUD. Oh dear. Ohhhh how I laughed, and laughed, then laughed a bit more. Then...just as I was finished laughing, I managed to mutter "told you so" as I then strutted out the staff area.

If I was Jack, I would have detailed this story by adding that I turned and left with this gesture, cos afterwards I really wished I had!
ross.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
I'll make the courgette chocolate cake, it looks awful and I'll be interested to know what adding the marmalade will do.

As an aside, she is obsessed with adding Apple sauce which is a very American thing
Is that from the 90% vegan era? Apple sauce is used as an egg replacement quite a lot.

Reactions: 18
I must be a bleep because I've worn my Achilles heel out where Jack is concerned. No Vimes Heels here. Actually I think it's because I've already had severe narc exposure and I don't have the patience and sympathy for it these days.

On another note, when are we doing the slop along, is it just any time this month? I was thinking I could attempt this gummy, moist concoction at the weekend as I have all the ingredients. If it looks passable I might post it to Jack's publishers as a thankyou for endorsing Jack.
View attachment 1700811
It looks underbaked and like she didn't wait for it to cool before slicing. Also, it looks like the ingredients were just too wet. Explosion of hot, juicy berries in your mouth. Oh, hon. You will never be Nigella. You will never be even a bargain bin Nigella. Find your own personality, Jack.

I want to take part in the slop-along so ideas on a pumble please for anything you’ve wanted to see brought to horrifying life!
I might do that chicken dinner soup with stuffing ball ‘dumplings’ for my own entertainment because I think it would be Harold’s aneurysm but I also feel like putting some of her baking to the test. 🤔
Matzoh ball soup in the wrong hands is a deadly thing. I think we can agree that Jack's hands are always the wrong hands. Then she de-semitized matzoh balls by using stuffing mix--which has some kind of leavening in its bready bits--and I think that she has committed crimes against humanity.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.