Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are TWO slopalongs happening on the other thread. Beans are being rinsed as I type.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Let’s hope ActionFraud take the matter out of her hands.
There's also the ASA complaint made by a squig that I'd forgotten about until someone mentioned it today on Twitter. For anyone who missed it at the time , this is about the Google Ad for the Teemill store which said the money was going to the Trussell Trust long after proceeds had stopped going to them. No idea what is happening with the complaint as the squig hasn't posted any updates yet but they did post an acknowledgement and reference at the time, so it is real.

• Wow
Reactions: 46
Has Tom Parker Bowles said anything about her before?

Under the 'Review' heading Amazon has 'Jack Monroe is a true food hero. And her books are always as delectable as they are essential'.

I am going to read every carefully worded review as if it is throwing shade now.

Food Hero, that was the award she won recently, wasn't it.
I’ve just been browsing reviews for her books and all the 5* reviews are laid out the same way ( very long, descriptive and wordy, multiple paragraphs each with a space in between) and and the people leaving those reviews are reviewing up to 4-5 items a day with maybe a day or two between review sets. I don’t much about dodgy review systems but I can definitely see a pattern emerging! Compare them to the more genuine looking and sounding 1-3* reviews and it looks even worse.

• Wow
Reactions: 62
The only decent thing for her to do would be post the Teemill sales data from the actual site we all know she isn’t decent. Can you imagine the therapy her accountant will need just dealing with her accounts?
I can imagine the visit to the accountants..
"Here you go, pal!" As she hands over an asda bag for life stuffed full of receipts, honking just like her kitchen 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
@Helena Handbasket 👏🏼
nail on the head with your post. Absolutely spot on; every word of it.
Jack doesn’t deserve the loyalty of her followers, she has done nothing for them.

I liken her followers to Labour voters in Liverpool. Labour have done duck all for years but still guaranteed to get the votes there. It’s an anti-Tory sentiment rather than a supportive Labour one. I think Jack has capitalised on this sentiment.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I have nevrt had a kebab, becasue they look rank and smell 100 times worse, sorry those who like them. Honestly it makes me boal that they sit on the spinny heat thing for hours on end. 🤮
I haven’t eaten one since my friend worked in a kebab shop and they took the meat on a stick off the machine when they shut for the night and left it leaning against the wall in the basement until just before they opened the next day 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
"Here you go, pal!" As she hands over an asda bag for life stuffed full of receipts, honking just like her kitchen 🤢
You know there will also be pumble crumbs, hairy lost bobbles and crisp packets mixed in with the receipts.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
My last thoughts on the ‘being expelled so I can’t go to 6th form’ nonsense. Well yes, she didn’t get enough points to go onto WHSG sixth form. But there was nothing to stop her going to either Seevic college, or to Southend college like a lot of her year did. And if she wanted she could have retaken the exams she failed. My own daughters did their A levels elsewhere as they found WHSG too restrictive and wanted to do exams in a more adult setting.

and on the topic of the Slopathon. You’re all disgusting to try this! So it’s no thanks from me!!

• Haha
Reactions: 52

Yel

What's this economist from the FT doing at the BoE press conference and not our Jack?! Is she too busy chasing up with Asda Exeter after a twitter user notified her that smart price maize snacks are out of stock today? 😆
Screenshot_20221103_125302.jpg

Any excuse for Chris mate. 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Oh this is my absolute fave!
I laugh like a smol pixie looking at stones with eyes on whenever I see it.

Eta: Just watched it again. Amazing.
"Enjoy!" <sound of terrifying machinery cranks up>
Dear Heart. I Hooted!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 1700949

Signal boosting somebody in her niche? She's got cans to rip open!

(Wesley, it's not going to happen, that's too much like 2 seconds of actual work)
No wonder the TT had millions left in the bank last year, they seem to be the default charity for would be fundraisers 🙄.

I just had an email from Amazon updating me on how many helpful votes my review (last year?) for Tin Can Cook has got now. Must be lots of people reading her reviews atm 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
That happens a lot! People bring a bin bag of receipts, often unreadable, but only half the bank statements and no invoices.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Does anyone else fly into a blind rage at how Jacko words things? I've been lurking here for ages and reading the ridiculous second hand baked beans "recipe" and one of the steps is "rinse the sticky sauce"... and I dunno... it made me want to throw things!

She has such a wanky, feathery strokery way of wording things. I try to just criticise her grifty ways but my god I can't deal with her wording.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Guten tag, frauen. I'm back from my slopalong challenge. I only wasted 120g long grain rice, 3 tbsp peanut butter, some caster sugar and 150ml or so of milk (plus broccoli for garnish, obvs).

Can you imagine if those ingredients mattered to you and you were placing some kind of faith in her depressipes (not quite TM)?

It was a hoot doing it, but now I'm just cross. And if I ever read the words "scant teaspoon" again, there will be consequences. WARNED.

Send doggos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Yel

That happens a lot! People bring a bin bag of receipts, often unreadable, but only half the bank statements and no invoices.
Do accountants not charge extra for that?

For my accounts it's a quick data export from the company account, every transaction is in a category and with a description. Takes me an hour to go through to check and calculate how much tax I think is due before sending. Then accountants usually question one thing and it's all done the next day.

Reactions: 25
Does anyone else fly into a blind rage at how Jacko words things? I've been lurking here for ages and reading the ridiculous second hand baked beans "recipe" and one of the steps is "rinse the sticky sauce"... and I dunno... it made me want to throw things!

She has such a wanky, feathery strokery way of wording things. I try to just criticise her grifty ways but my god I can't deal with her wording.
To be fair, one of Jack's four grandparents was an immigrant so it's only natural that she'd struggle with English.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
In case anyone wants any ideas for Jack's recipes, I'm posting the list of her recipes from each book in the slopalong thread. If you need any recipes just tag me.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
What's this economist from the FT doing at the BoE press conference and not our Jack?! Is she too busy chasing up with Asda Exeter after a twitter user notified her that smart price maize snacks are out of stock today? 😆
View attachment 1701073
Any excuse for Chris mate. 😃
I honestly don't mean this unkindly, but it's like they called up Central Casting and said 'Send us over an "economist from the FT" type, please'

I've mentioned before how totally enraged the 'two fat cloves of garlic' makes me. It's the wannabee-Nigella voice coming through.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.