Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
Is this person asking for a months donation or for the whole 2 years she hasn't done anything on Patreon?
she’s asking for 2 months at £10 per month…she cancelled after that when she realised no rewards were forthcoming, I believe.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

NellieBoo

VIP Member
I'm enjoying the pressure cooker chat. I fell for the slow cooker craze a few years ago but everything I attempted made the house smell like Monday's dinner in 1983 chez my parents. Does a pressure cooker smell?
No, not like that slow cooker smell. One of my friends describes it as 'swede water smell' so I know what you mean! I've got an instant pot which you can saute in before you set it to pressure cook. So you get normal cooking smells!

I'm looking to get a slow cooker/crock pot today. But seems like many others have had the same idea 😬 Just looking online so many, in my price range and area, are out of stock.
Sign of the times I suppose.
Are you able to get to a supermarket? Our local ones - Sainsburys/Asda/Morrisons have loads on the shelves.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

That Forensic Man

VIP Member
Quoting myself like a ninnie but I am like Jack, I have no shame

I've spent the last few minutes screenshotting the food photos from her first book so if I label each one as to what it allegedly should look like according to the book.

And then..... what it actually looks like when the canal does it, bearing in mind that the first book especially will have had food stylists and advisors to make it look as good as possible.

Can anyone set up a way to do a fake recipe gallery? Bows to more technical frauds
Brilliant idea plus I picked up these food fraud candidates from the recent discussion, the ones where an enterprising frau realised what she was passing off as her own. Just need to find the pics:

Salmon Pie

Waitrose Parmentier Potatoes

Soup

Greek mezze, dolmades
Co-op summer picnic range… usually 3 for 2

Aunt Bessie's yourshire puddings

Walkers shortbread

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

The carlin

A huge fan of the list but it’s very, very improbable those boots would have cost £200 when sold by Joules. Amazon’s pricing is a mess and is why their fashion category has never done well, they dynamically price based on stock left so that suggests that they only have a few units hence the price being so high and they also have nefarious ninnies reselling highstreet stuff. Looking at Joules’ website their non leather Chelsea boots retail at £99.95. Appreciate it’s only £100 out of £130k+ but I’ve heard ur a forensic man 😉
Totally understand where you're coming from As I've 🔺️ before I'm a furniture frau (especially fabric/upholstery etc) I've been doing a wee bit of research and joules recent range in leather with small ocelot panel were approx £120. Add that this type of product is usually pelt or horse hair so more expensive than standard leather I think its safe to say that they retailed around 120-135 (possibly a little more

ETA: @That Forensic Man beat me too it.
Chapeau dear heart x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick

Helena Handbasket

Chatty Member
I want to take part in the slop-along so ideas on a pumble please for anything you’ve wanted to see brought to horrifying life!
I might do that chicken dinner soup with stuffing ball ‘dumplings’ for my own entertainment because I think it would be Harold’s aneurysm but I also feel like putting some of her baking to the test. 🤔

• Haha

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
I'm sure she'll try and involve herself but if Big Dave has any sense at all, he'll keep her as far away as possible from it.
I still think this was part of the 'big thing' that she'd decided to take part in that was going to change everything and be a huge commitment. In turn this was going to pay (Big Dave) the mortgage on the teeny weeny new flat spacious new build apartment. 🤔

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I remember that donation to the Scottish guy well because I also donated to his GFM when I saw Jack tweet about it. I thought about her donation straight away when I read HH2. £270 is a lot of shampoo and shower gel - maybe even the full 2 years’ worth some would say…

Question: can charity donations raised by a group of people through crowd funding etc be used by the organiser as a tax deductible if the total sum is then donated in their name? Not an allegation, just pondering the legalities here based on a hypothetical scenario…
Wasn't that also when Jack's suspected sock retweeted Jack 'selflessly' donating to the guy? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

hiyaaaacath

Chatty Member
Here it is. The whole thing is pretty grim. Both Allegra AND Jack throwing shade at her very young son (As usual when it comes to Jack).

View attachment 1704124In fact, interchange the underlined for “Mrs. J” and this is pretty much the shit Jack used to post about LJC too.

“I’m not like other girls, I’m a cool girl”

Attachments

• Haha

Soup or Noodle

I had to depart F&D ages ago cos it’s just too much to follow everything. I think I will now be fired as there are 2 Jack threads to follow.
I'm the same with Alice Evans - just couldn't keep up and was getting more depressing than funny. Now I just go to Jack and Mario.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm looking to get a slow cooker/crock pot today. But seems like many others have had the same idea 😬 Just looking online so many, in my price range and area, are out of stock.
Sign of the times I suppose.

• Heart
  • Sad

OwlChampagne

I didn't find much in the vegetarian prune-based recipe search so instead I'm going to go for bread, bean, and fennel stew:

I can't seem to find how to edit the Wiki, I'll have another look in the morning.

• Sick
Reactions: 23

Charitas

Chatty Member
Creators have (or at least had, it may have changed) the ability to choose when their patrons get charged.

In practice though I'm fairly certain nearly all bill at the start of the month.
(edit: and yes, in that scenario you are billed upon sign up, even if it is the last day of the month)
A podcaster my OH likes, points this out at the end of every month when advertising their podcast suggesting potential subscribers wait a few days

Reactions: 23