Jack Monroe #423 The only TV show Jack Monroe needs to be on is Crimewatch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So let me get this straight. Her epic lemon curd and mixed berry porridge is: Oatmeal (or other hot cereal grain or mix) with some lemon curd swirled in, plopped hot on frozen berries. That's the bleeping genius of food that everyone is yarping about? No one could think of hot cereal + frozen froot til now?

Jesus, I should get a Michelin star for my oatmeal with cardamom, maple syrup, chia seed, and frozen blueberries. Or oatmeal with vanilla, apple, flaxseed, cinnamon, and boiled cider syrup. Or hot cereal + fruit + sweet tastin' somethin'.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Thread 54 chaos, can someone oblige?
Also is someone going to make a thread for slopalong?
I've updated the wiki again ✍

• Heart
Reactions: 18
As well as glowing reviews it has a whole PINCH of chilli 😂
Boy that "chili" is going to be bland and really sweet. A pinch of chili--and two squares of dark chocolate. Not unsweetened choc. Dark. Glad she didn't forget the butter. A touch of old Mexico, that.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
All of these recipes sound disgusting :sick: Are they better than they sound or has JM just been publishing inedible nonsense for years and got away with it because everyone involved just assumed Poors would (and should) eat anything they were given?
This is what I was thinking! Even the preamble words you can see on these small pictures (I’ve lost my words today, it’s late) are all ‘just threw this together and it was MEGA!’ It just highlights that it’s all an experiment, as if she’s a 9 year old making potions - I remember at a friends house being allowed to make concoctions involving peppermint essence, lots of random ingredients and a blender - and people actually buy this tit!? How it’s gone on for so long I’ll never know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
If anyone wants recipes from the books let me know and I'll screenshot as i have most of them before I saw the light and found this fabulous canal

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Jack is giving twitter a miss tonight then and posting on Instagram instead. Living her best life. Toot Toot! Can't say as I blame her. Twitter is an absolute bin fire 😬.
Did the kebab come out of the weekly £20 shop?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'll have a look through TCC and see if there's anything I dare waste ingredients on! I hooted when I saw the 'slops already slung' section 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If anyone wants recipes from the books let me know and I'll screenshot as i have most of them before I saw the light and found this fabulous canal
Since Jack seems to have got lost on the school run, is there one for that old baked version of afterbirth oats that was on insta at some point?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nah. NAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH! So I was looking through my drunken purchase of TCC for my addition to Slopathon and found this. Come the duck on?! I thought the whole “rinsing hoops” shtick was about the pepe e cacie or whatever the frig it’s called. She actually wants povs to rinse perfectly good baked beans, add a tin of chopped toms (29p) vinegar, sugar, salt, oil, onion (I dunno 🤷🏼‍♀️ Jackmaths = 15p) to have a ‘slightly superior’ version of the original (ooh forget the leccy 6p) at approx 50p more expense and still have to add it on toast to even make it a b*stard snack!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Make it make sense!!!!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Et voila

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.