Jack Monroe #423 The only TV show Jack Monroe needs to be on is Crimewatch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm thinking it might be easier to have a separate OT/F&D forum specifically for the slopathon?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That's the prawn and burnt grapefruit cocktail I mentioned 😂
Just stopping off to say, that when I was about 13, I tried to make something with prawns and orange as I had no fish and lemon. I learned that things-even if they appear similar- are not interchangeable. It was foul, and one of the few things I have ever been unable to eat.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
omg, I was joking last night! I thought the rest of you were too! I already did the jack- adjacent cold water pasta method, don't make me do anything more 😭

• Haha
Lads I’m brand new on this thread and I am SCREAMING at the recipes 🤣 Well played you bunch of hoop rinsers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Then there's Jack's upbringing:

She moved to a large detached house when she was 4 (prior to that she claims to have been brought up living in a tiny flat - not sure that she'd remember mind....). The house is on a lovely tree-lined street in a nice part of town.

The house was then extended (costing £30k - which would've been even more money back then).

She had 10 years of ballet lessons, piano lessons, went to a grammar school.

She had relatives with big houses (dusty aunt Helen).

She was clearly exposed to spendy brands like denby which she was able to sell as part of her house sale, and that fancy perfume I can't spell.

Mild nepotism was then involved in securing her a well paying job.

That all screams middle class to me...
Has she said she had piano lessons? I've seen the one handed fingering video. Did she duck have lessons.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Has she said she had piano lessons? I've seen the one handed fingering video. Did she duck have lessons.
I reckon she has you know. I had some piano lessons once. And some other music lessons. I am the shittest musician ever. Despite having been taught to read music during those lessons I call the notes "small sperm ding low below lines" and "big ding like a house". No clue what they mean. Especially when they get wavy. You can't buy talent. But her parents might have tried.

Professional musician friend once told me, supportively, that "everyone has a singing voice". So I sang for them. They then regretfully told me that everyone could be wrong. So did I sort of win there or lose there? Not sure.

P. S. The sloptail pictured above reminds me of the worst bout of flu I ever had. I was creating stuff like that every day. It probably only stayed that colour a couple of days. It started off green, then yellow, then that murky cream colour, then started finally to run white and then clear. To be honest I was disposing of mine in tissues. I never considered I could stick it in a tall glass and present it as a recipe. Would have given me something else to do other than stare at the ceiling, then the wall, then the wardrobe door, and then the ceiling again. For ages.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
I was just thinking, I wonder how severe a crime one would have to commit to be reincarnated as a tree that’s cut down and used to make a copy of crappy Kitchen? Doesn’t bare thinking about.
Weren't there some trees recently cut down on Ma and Papa H's Street? Was this tree/ producing a twit, karma????!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I cannot stress this enough, duck THE duck OFF! who’s eating a slice of pie for their entire dinner? And how can 400g of mushrooms and 120g of lentils plus a minor cast of supporting ingredients make a pie big enough to feed 8? And who’s squealing in delight at a pie topping that looks like a nursery schooler made it? More likely squealing in horror. No wonder Phil ate half a pie in one sitting. It’s probably only 8 centimetres in diameter. And she’s not sharing the secret of her vegan glaze? Well, I for one am devastated. Does she ever make any of these diabolical recipes. Apologies @Vinbisha but this recipe could be my aneurysm. You have my deepest sympathies, pal x
You know, I'm quite looking forward to it in a strange way.
Looking forward to spunking half my pay check on tit spoons and portmerien crockery to serve it on too. I assume these are mandatory.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.