Jack Monroe #423 The only TV show Jack Monroe needs to be on is Crimewatch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, this is all quite exciting for the legal and PR frau among us. Both the patreon and teemill positioning posts read as if she's been allowed to top and tail them, but the core is very much managed. Marvellous.

I did initially wonder why she was harping on about previously stating publicly -which, for the avoidance of doubt, she did not- that the Teemill endeavour had been closed. Then I realised that AM had made much of the fact that Jack persistently referred to charitable donations in the past tense notwithstanding the shop still being very much open. The lawyers/PR might just be trying to cover off all points in that publication. I'm a corporate rather than charity/fraudulent misrepresentation/fraud frau, but I can't immediately see how it would make much difference to liability. She'd still be reckless even if it wasn't deliberate and that's good enough for most causes of action. Frauen and herren with more relevant experience might shine a light.

I think the person who drafted the key bits is at least 50. They write similarly to most of us of a certain age. Note references to "fallow period" and "put to pasture" respectively. So, legal and a bit posh. Possibly in possession of horses and family farms. <looks over glasses in legal way>
Mmm but this is the woman who buys spenny pottery. She’s basically a 60 year old rides with the hunt bleep as it is already….!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Who is advising Jack to take this approach? 😂 I'm not a PR frau, but it's such a bad look, "Sorry not sorry, please buy my book!" LJC on a bike!

Anyone want to put money on the peach and chickpea curry being among the 30 recipes?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 80
Who is advising Jack to take this approach? 😂 I'm not a PR frau, but it's such a bad look, "Sorry not sorry, please buy my book!" LJC on a bike!

Anyone want to put money on the peach and chickpea curry being among the 30 recipes?
My money's on the brick loaf cake and any other recipes she made in collaboration with Del "Crimes Against Humanity" Monte

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I know I’m late to this but saw twitter whilst on a boring phone call…the fkng brass neck of that utter bell end. Not even 12 hours after slack ass clean up campaign she’s pushing her book. FML she’s got some front 😡😡😡😡 I know all this will have been said much more eloquently by you ninnies. Sweet Jesus, I think it does clear up that she’s had help with that apology etc, the apology which is not from the heart but is brand control. Wow! Speechless
Brand control to major duck up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
If I was a patron squig, and I saw another squig who complained has been offered a refund, I'd 100% be pressing for one too now I'd seen it was an option. Makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

If she had any sense of humour whatsoever the rinsed hoops would definitely be one. Or roast potatoes if she was a top troll.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
She didn’t even pause for breath between the half arsed apologies and the book beg. Her utter contempt for her paypigs is just shining through, it’s incredible she thinks this is acceptable behaviour.

She’s like a teenager in tit for stealing money from her mum’s purse, finally stamping downstairs from their sulk to say “OK I‘m SORREEE, you made me do it, but I’ve APOLOGISED, so are you HAPPY now?“, then putting on an aren’t I cute voice and asking for £50 to go out with their mates.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 106
Mmm but this is the woman who buys spenny pottery. She’s basically a 60 year old rides with the hunt bleep as it is already….!
I note your comments and, whilst no admission is made, will take instructions on this point and revert in due course. In the meantime, I would aver that were your client to be allowed unchecked access to idiomatic phrases like those highlighted, she would plainly refer to to a "pasture period" and being "put out to fallow".

'Cos she's thick as mince, m'lud.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I wonder at what point we will get the "I tried to be transparent and I'm STILL being hounded! They want me DEAD!" tweet.
At the point when the Welsh housing association group drops her from their draft programme.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think the meeting with the publishers a while ago set this in motion.

I bet she was told to clear it all up before promoting the book (perhaps they said she needed to start promo 1st November?). But Jack being Jack instead of sorting things in a timely manner left it until the very last minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She promised though, Thrifty Shades of Beige is its own whole tier.
Not quite, dear heart. Here is what was promised:
Screenshot_20221101_124055.jpg

If she beats the book release she's technically provided what was promised. Weasel words.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Brand control to major duck up
Argh, too early for thread title! Please bring it back later. 😘

I think the person who drafted the key bits is at least 50. They write similarly to most of us of a certain age. Note references to "fallow period" and "put to pasture" respectively. So, legal and a bit posh. Possibly in possession of horses and family farms.
This made me laugh. 😂 JM has an unusual vocabulary (yomp, womp, heckin...), but I can't imagine her using the words 'fallow period' or 'put to pasture'. Not very edgy for a tattooed skinhead!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I think the meeting with the publishers a while ago set this in motion.

I bet she was told to clear it all up before promoting the book (perhaps they said she needed to start promo 1st November?). But Jack being Jack instead of sorting things in a timely manner left it until the very last minute.
I would say you are spot on here.

And I assume the vocal squig shared about the refund to let others know it’s an option.

Reactions: 44
Sorry, grunking so I come to you from the previous thread… but just to say HOW does she make everything she cooks look so vile? This is a simple porridge and berry compote - yum. Except this looks like blood clots 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Re: the "apology and amends" stuff - pretty clear that her arm was being twisted up behind her back for this.
She had to do it because the bird site pushback was increasing. That, and the piss takes, which were getting plenty of traction. This is easily managed because she can get into patreon and delete the negative remarks, make a few token statements and a few refunds to the loudest voices. Most of her cult will say "oh never mind Jack, you work so hard and are so busy, I don't want a refund" - result! The others she will manage while clawing back some reputational kudos.
The real dirt is elsewhere imo - the fundraiser for suing various people, and the kickstarter for the book which though it's almost ancient history, it generated a heck of a lot of money with zero transparency.
My cynical take on this is that she's doing a quick clean-up for some mega-grifting in 2023.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Bringing this over from the last thread while I catch up. Still not heard a word from Essex Celeb Squad. They've not even asked GMP to pop round. What a shock.

Screenshot_20221101_085200.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Argh, too early for thread title! Please bring it back later. 😘

This made me laugh. 😂 JM has an unusual vocabulary (yomp, womp, heckin...), but I can't imagine her using the words 'fallow period' or 'put to pasture'. Not very edgy for a tattooed skinhead!
She does use language like that though. Her phraseology often sounds as if she fell out of a Malory Towers or Agatha Christie book.

I really don’t believe Jacks taken professional advice on any of this, because if she had, it wouldn’t be so cack handed. Even the most addle-witted PR person wouldn’t think that Patreon post was any good.

At most, her publisher has suggested she clean up her act a bit cos she’s got a new book coming out.

Time will tell if any of yesterday’s damage control makes a difference, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She does use language like that though. Her phraseology often sounds as if she fell out of a Malory Towers or Agatha Christie book.
I haven't noticed Malory Towers Jack. :oops: I was too distracted by Scottish Jack, Eastenders Jack and all of the other random Jack words.

Edit: Do we think she's addressing these issues due to behind-the-scenes pressure? e.g. tax/fraud investigations? Not just her book release.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.