Jack Monroe #423 The only TV show Jack Monroe needs to be on is Crimewatch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hilarious! Now it all becomes clear. A pathetic "apology" rushed out at the very last minute before she starts pushing her new book on people. Probably she's been pressured by her agent / publisher and has been putting it off until the very last second.

• Haha
Reactions: 87
bleeping hilarious! Now it all becomes clear. A pathetic "apology" rushed out at the very last minute before she starts pushing her new book on people. Probably she's been pressured by her agent / publisher and has been putting it off until the very last second.
Exactly. She can’t risk sales being damaged. It looks like she’s coming clean, in reality it’s superficial damage control and nothing has changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I see she’s still got “accidental inflation analyst” in her biog, yet given her shite attempt at damage control doesn’t appear to have even the most basic grasp of a distribution curve.

Anyone who believes that the appalling merch made over £11k in a couple of days and then £286.86 in the following 9 months is very welcome to visit my luxury bridge showroom. Even if she only “marketed” it for the span of her gnat-like attention, many of her Twitter following are a) Not Very Online or attentive (see questions about Louise months after they split) and b) will have their feed set to “Home” rather than “Latest” and as such will have seen her grifting fundraising tweets in the days and even weeks after she’d changed tack from the TT.

If anything, she’s made herself look much, much worse. Asking your half a million followers to nominate charities and then choosing one (1) local to you? Yeah, not great, that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 105
Jacks explanation leaves the charity she donated to open to being asked to verify if initially they requested Jack not name them and if/why they changed their mind. If anyone has drawn attention to them in a negative way it has been Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I hope the book bombs. I hope nobody is foolish enough to waste £20.00 on this ****

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Anyone who believes that the appalling merch made over £11k in a couple of days and then £286.86 in the following 9 months is very welcome to visit my luxury bridge showroom.
My theory is that she initially confused takings with profit so promised too much with the £11k. She had to make some of that up out of her own pocket for the TT donation and then she left sales running to try and recoup it. So the £286.86 is the amount left after she took out what she feels she's owed and when she says all profits have been donated, well that's technically not a lie because the total amount is the same. Super shady.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
From @Julia Edwards post at the end of the last thread. Is this the same person as £44 a month squig?
93A75D29-85FB-4C5E-92FB-455D3870E10F.jpeg

Cos £44 a month squig was cancelling at end of Sept and planning to take her to county court after that
53772315-101C-46C9-9F42-078D416F707E.jpeg

Also check out the tiny headed teeny necked photoshopped to fuckery smol vulnerable (manipulative) delicate pixie on her PayPal GIVE ME YOUR MONEY, SUCKAS donate/tip jar/give me legal fees/website repairs etc etc landing page
1F2B2428-8BD9-48E3-ADB7-9F74849EC034.jpeg
Grrrrrr she’s SUCH A bleeping BAD PERSON

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
I wonder at what point we will get the "I tried to be transparent and I'm STILL being hounded! They want me DEAD!" tweet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
Has Jack received some money from her publisher for the forthcoming book, so is therefore able to churn out the backdated tit ‘rewards’ and Chuck some money at the dissenting patrons who have fought to cancel?

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Could County Court squig not reduce their monthly payment to the mythical pound, thus retaining the ability to leave comments?

Not sure if it's possible to do that on Patreon.

Reactions: 43
Has Jack received some money from her publisher for the forthcoming book, so is therefore able to churn out the backdated tit ‘rewards’ and Chuck some money at the dissenting patrons who have fought to cancel?
Unless they’ve given her another chunk, it’s so horrendously delayed that any advance she did get will be long gone by now. Her last book did so badly I can’t see them taking a massive punt on her now either.

Reactions: 42
Bullshit did she forget the shop was open. She certainly knew about it in September & was quick enough to know someone had allegedly tried to access it. Surely teemill send emails to those running online shops &/or have a method for passing on sales money?
Also, why is Jack offering to refund the squig behind the scenes? Scared others will see it & show, yet again, that those criticising her have been speaking the truth all along?
I can’t see how she can possibly explain the Lee Anderson/media training (& I’m sure there are other) begs. They all went to PayPal so how’s she separating that money out?
I just want to see the article or investigation that’s prompted all this. And Jack-those of us who earn a living rather than pretending we need charity avoid all this hassle. It’s a far better way to live.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I know I’m late to this but saw twitter whilst on a boring phone call…the fkng brass neck of that utter bell end. Not even 12 hours after slack ass clean up campaign she’s pushing her book. FML she’s got some front 😡😡😡😡 I know all this will have been said much more eloquently by you ninnies. Sweet Jesus, I think it does clear up that she’s had help with that apology etc, the apology which is not from the heart but is brand control. Wow! Speechless

• Heart
Reactions: 82
My theory is that she initially confused takings with profit so promised too much with the £11k. She had to make some of that up out of her own pocket for the TT donation and then she left sales running to try and recoup it. So the £286.86 is the amount left after she took out what she feels she's owed and when she says all profits have been donated, well that's technically not a lie because the total amount is the same. Super shady.
Yes, but also how gross is Jack that she expects others to donate to charity (while she takes the credit) but god forbid she should have to give away money (that isn’t even hers) if this is what happened? Tightarse.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I wonder if the book will only be released in ebook format?

Who on earth would be interested in spending actual cash on a physical copy of something written by someone who has pretty much just come out and said: "I am tit with money"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I wonder at what point we will get the "I tried to be transparent and I'm STILL being hounded! They want me DEAD!" tweet.
Do you want her to STOP BREATHING?!

I’m suspecting it’s the publishers behind this. I WISH it’s a big expose but I really doubt it. And the grift goes on.

I wonder if the book will only be released in ebook format?

Who on earth would be interested in spending actual cash on a physical copy of something written by someone who has pretty much just come out and said: "I am tit with money"
Not for £20 that sounds like an actual hardback to me, the cheeky witch. I dream of a hardback if I ever get another deal!!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Well, this is all quite exciting for the legal and PR frau among us. Both the patreon and teemill positioning posts read as if she's been allowed to top and tail them, but the core is very much managed. Marvellous.

I did initially wonder why she was harping on about previously stating publicly -which, for the avoidance of doubt, she did not- that the Teemill endeavour had been closed. Then I realised that AM had made much of the fact that Jack persistently referred to charitable donations in the past tense notwithstanding the shop still being very much open. The lawyers/PR might just be trying to cover off all points in that publication. I'm a corporate rather than charity/fraudulent misrepresentation/fraud frau, but I can't immediately see how it would make much difference to liability. She'd still be reckless even if it wasn't deliberate and that's good enough for most causes of action. Frauen and herren with more relevant experience might shine a light.

I think the person who drafted the key bits is at least 50. They write similarly to most of us of a certain age. Note references to "fallow period" and "put to pasture" respectively. So, legal and a bit posh. Possibly in possession of horses and family farms. <looks over glasses in legal way>

• Heart
Reactions: 100
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.