Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By the way, just to add: I moved to England as a teenager and was bullied at school for my frizzy hair and foreign accent. Despite this, I need SPF50 in summer. Stop frizzy erasure, Jack!

(I also now have a hyaluronic acid hair treatment every 6 months which leaves it so frizz-free I don't even have to blow-dry it! Highly recommended for my fellow frizzies)
@colouredlines What is the name of the hair treatment? I have been getting Nanokeratin blow dries, wonder if it’s similar?

Oh and for triangulation purposes I have a very round fat face and CK One

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She hasn't even given an excuse as to why she's stopped the book reviews?!

What a flake. I thought she wasn't ever giving up, going away or whatever.
No, no, no you've got it WRONG.

That was YESTERDAY. She OBVIOUSLY meant she wasn't giving up YESTERDAY. Today is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

You know, like cats.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She tweeted a photo of her when she was 20 a few weeks ago showing her muscles saying she was training to be one.

That’s why I said that. I saw the photo

I do get that she talks bollocks a lot of the time.
Yes, she did. But it was bullshit. She was in training for the fitness test. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Surely her new, 2 day old followers see that she doesn’t actually give a tit? She’s shameless, and I don’t mean the tv drama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The reason she's stopped the book reviews is because she is BUSY!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I honestly don’t know how she thinks she has any footing in being working class.

You can live in a middle class area and not have much money (like we did when I was a kid) but you cannot have a middle-class upbringing and say that you were working class. There’s no shame in it - just give it up, Jack!

I was called cousin It at school as I had ginger hair and an unfortunate haircut which didn't work out, and just hung over my face. Bleached it all with sun in the next day.

Now I love my ginger hair, even though it has faded, so have to ginger it up at the hairdresser.

I hate the way negative remarks stick with you.
As drop dead fred would say, "be gone, evil one"

Attachments

• Heart
Surely her new, 2 day old followers see that she doesn’t actually give a tit? She’s shameless, and I don’t mean the tv drama.
I would imagine if it's quietened down now, she'll start to tick back into red daily figures on social blade over the next few days.

Reactions: 5
Ahhhh so now she's making a joke out of poverty. That must feel lovely for all her followers who were hoping to get ideas about living frugally. They're a joke to her tonight. 😕
I thought she didn’t like people joking about poverty?! Or is it ok for her to joke about it because she’s the poorest person in the world?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I would imagine if it's quietened down now, she'll start to tick back into red daily figures on social blade over the next few days.
She gained a little flurry this aft but hopefully the people still going after DW on her behalf who are expecting her to lead the charge will see that she was just doing a chaos and ditch her.

Reactions: 20
Can anyone help with my oven problem?
I'd just get a new one, but I'm a bit profligate like that. Ovens usual last us about 10 years, my friend gets through an oven every three years, however she is a tit cook, and I think they die of embarrassment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
@Readingismyhobby if you’ve previously cooked cakes without burning them as such, I’d say probably time for a new oven. Fan ovens do bake faster than a conventional, so that’s also something.

Reactions: 11
I thought she didn’t like people joking about poverty?! Or is it ok for her to joke about it because she’s the poorest person in the world?
As always she’s a hypocrite. Like that hilarious quip to Sarah bleeping Vine about her cat identifying as a dog.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I am deadly serious when I say that I have found comfort, laughter, warmth, and wisdom in the company of internet strangers on here. I'm not alien to the concept of the internet being a source of community, but strangely, knowing you Tattlers are there - with your shared experiences, compassion, kindness, and wit - is a bigger source of comfort to me that I'd readily care to admit. COVEN LOVE.
I agree with this 100% @moglits. We’ve definitely hit the “Jack-pot” here....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Next thread title:

Don’t get above your sausage station, Jackie!

• Haha
I actually can’t bear it when she tries to be amusing, I much prefer frenetic sarky Jackie. That maybe says more about me than her 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.