Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need wise Frau advice - I have a double oven. Main oven has started to burn cakes (at the side towards the back of the oven). Today I baked a cake in the smaller oven, this was burnt on the top. Main oven is fan, small oven is conventional.
Does the cake burning indicate I need a new oven? It’s about 16 years old. It’s my first new oven so I don’t know how long they are supposed to last. It’s a Hotpoint oven.
Can anyone help with my oven problem?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm sure I've heard the same story, but attached to a different author, and more than once so I wouldn't take that at prima facie
He did an amazing book related thing for a children’s charity I once worked for - but the story above did remind me of a poster (can’t remember name soz) who said she asked Jack’s team for some books for a food bank and after lots of chasing received some photocopies 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Adobe_Post_20200708_2126400.09287407846536588.png
after years of research, the recipe to create an influencer/blue ticker has finally been uncovered.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She wasn't training to be a fire fightetr, she just gave the impression she was without actually saying it. She was, apparently working her way through the on line programme to make her fit enough to apply,

I think this is one of Jack's tricks, she will imply something, then if challenged, she can say ' I didn't say that'. She did it over Vivienne Westwood, and when she accused DW of being on drugs, and that is just two examples.
She tweeted a photo of her when she was 20 a few weeks ago showing her muscles saying she was training to be one.

That’s why I said that. I saw the photo

I do get that she talks bollocks a lot of the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Can anyone help with my oven problem?
I've only ever had cookers that suddenly stopped working and not heated up at all. It could well be on its last legs given the age too, having some final blasts of getting far too hot.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello all! I’ve been lurking (and trying to keep up) for a few weeks now.

First heard of JM when I saw her a 7ish years ago at River Cottage doing a live cooking spot with Allegra. I absolutely would have said she was comfortable being MC - spoke like it, acted like it, joked about it... The dynamic between the two of them felt a bit weird though... sort of like master and pet.

I
I though that when I read an interview with them, Allegra said something like she's so worldly wise, it just sounded so'ahh bless!' the way you'd talk about a bright but precocious child.

• Wow
  • Sad
She seems to have stopped taking the piss now. Hopefully thought better of it! Or maybe she’s having a wee and a sandwich.

Maybe she’s making the pistachio milk that her followers are waiting for?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I can hear her Essex-ness. I sound similar and a lot of people I know that have also lived in Southend their entire lives sound similarly.
It’s funny how even people who live or have lived here have different opinions on whether she sounds Essex
I am SO glad you said this.

I fancy Kevin Bridges something rotten. Who cares that he’s in his 30s and married. Not me!!

(Not even ashamed, not one bit).

I took my mum to see him two Christmases ago and even she was like, he’s handsome.
That got me all confused! Have been posting on here for last couple if days, and have also been watching a Kevin Bridges 6 part series he did about 10 years ago for BBC1 . Came back on here and first post I saw was this one. " Kevin Bridges, oh my God, how do they know"!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I though that when I read an interview with them, Allegra said something like she's so worldly wise, it just sounded so'ahh bless!' the way you'd talk about a bright but precocious child.
Yes - like a child. There was a lot of ‘Here, you do this bit, dear’. Supposedly tongue in cheek but felt genuine; and uncomfortable.

• Wow
Oh we're back to WC Jack today. Let's tweet a satirical comment about WC people not being *allowed* to eat fancy foods and watch the support roll in. Voice of the people. I'm bored and confused. Are you loaded or skint Jack just tell us already because nothing is making any sense you have a Smeg and an Emin and a designer wardrobe and a beautiful big rental but you shake the tip jar and get triggered if you lose a couple of months of work can you afford the vet or can't you because there's no other reason you wouldn't have gone yet bye

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thanks for the replies about my oven. As I said it’s the only oven I’ve had from new (not doing a JM here). I thought it was getting on a bit at 16 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.