Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s probably knee deep in a David Walliams classic , that’s the radio silence for ya!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I got this voicemail from my Nana when lockdown started, just checking you’re ok and if you need anything...cos she heard people were struggling with money. I’m in my forties! I know how lucky I am in many ways; to have her still (especially being as we are WC as they come- cleaners and pitmen I’m from) and to have someone who cares. I just don’t think Jack had no one around who cared or who could help and that child was at the root of it. If it even happened. I’ve seen real poverty, I grew up on a council estate with prostitution and drug use just down the doors. I don’t like the cosplay.
Your nana sounds wonderful. I do miss mine - that's just the sort of thing she would do!
And it sounds like we come from similar backgrounds. Towerblock council estate girl here. The local hobby in my neighbourhood was setting fire to a skip/car (whatever was handy) then stealing the fire engine when the fire brigade came round. I had a grandstand view of it all going on from the 9th floor. Firemen chasing the engine, hoses everywhere - just needed the Benny Hill music!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Hope @MancBee is okay, haven't seen him around for a while?

Have a look at this SACRED, HALLOWED, PRECIOUS bollocks...

IMG_20200708_210157.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
What an utterly cunty thing to say. Just completely unnecessary. Possibly just badly worded, but it REALLY comes off badly.

(Do call handlers wear epaulettes?)
I think she may have meant she wouldn't be cook extraordinaire, best selling author, and saviour of the working classes etc. If it wasn't for her son.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 176289She’s not a chef ffs! She even says that herself. She is a little poverty pet for these people. I’m offended on her behalf but she’s loving it.
‘Nduja isn’t even particularly fancy, it’s just the latest food craze - you can get it on Iceland frozen pizzas 🤷🏻‍♀️
But why is this person even defending Jack when she’s the one who called fresh lemons fancy? She helps uphold this bullshit, can hardly complain when it is used against her

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hope @MancBee is okay, haven't seen him around for a while?

Have a look at this SACRED, HALLOWED, PRECIOUS bollocks...

View attachment 176300
Hmmm, all this "tested and tested and tweaked and improved and sighed and groaned over and loved and cherished" stuff directly contradicts what she said to Matt on DKL when he asked her how many times it took her to perfect a recipe and she replied something along the lines of "one and done". WHAT TO BELIEVE?? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 27
RT - or Russia Today - is a Kremlin propoganda mouthpiece. It actually does some interesting docu-journalism style stuff on the TV channel, but yeah this has got Vlad's sausage-stained fingerprints allllll over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She was training to be a firefighter when she fell pregnant yes?

Possibly unfulfilled ambitions.

I don’t think she’s ashamed of it.

When I was 21 I was at uni. Living at home and my grant back in the day was 30 quid a week.

Don’t get me wrong I loved it. But there’s no shame in earning what she did at that age.
She wasn't training to be a fire fightetr, she just gave the impression she was without actually saying it. She was, apparently working her way through the on line programme to make her fit enough to apply,

I think this is one of Jack's tricks, she will imply something, then if challenged, she can say ' I didn't say that'. She did it over Vivienne Westwood, and when she accused DW of being on drugs, and that is just two examples.

Reactions: 24
Can someone explain what’s going on? What’s she upset about now?

An article suggesting that she’s posh when she isn’t?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She wasn't training to be a fire fightetr, she just gave the impression she was without actually saying it. She was, apparently working her way through the on line programme to make her fit enough to apply,

I think this is one of Jack's tricks, she will imply something, then if challenged, she can say ' I didn't say that'. She did it over Vivienne Westwood, and when she accused DW of being on drugs, and that is just two examples.
Cutting her brother’s hair in the garden too.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To be fair my username is a bit of a giveaway. I don’t live in Motherwell but it’s the nearest town to me that non Scots know.

When I say where I’m from it’s like where?

So Motherwell it is.
I'm a Hamilton girl (although don't like there and haven't for years) and I've been imagining the turn off the motorway where you go right for Hamilton and left for Motherwell whenever you comment... Which now I type it makes me sound mildly unhinged.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Maybe she is monitoring Tattle, again, and reacting in real-time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
She hasn't even given an excuse as to why she's stopped the book reviews?!

What a flake. I thought she wasn't ever giving up, going away or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
RT - or Russia Today - is a Kremlin propoganda mouthpiece. It actually does some interesting docu-journalism style stuff on the TV channel, but yeah this has got Vlad's sausage-stained fingerprints allllll over it.

Nice to know he has our back 😏
I'm guessing she's been googling her name then to find that gem?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.