Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
What an utterly cunty thing to say. Just completely unnecessary. Possibly just badly worded, but it REALLY comes off badly.

(Do call handlers wear epaulettes?)
I think she may have meant she wouldn't be cook extraordinaire, best selling author, and saviour of the working classes etc. If it wasn't for her son.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Station Eleven is next on my list!! Well. After I finish this shitty one I got on Kindle Unlimited (it's like Divergent meets a caste system. It's dumb.)
Station Eleven is so good. I loved it. They’re making a tv adap of it (of course)

Ooh I loved the Divergent series.

• Heart

Suzeyq

Chatty Member
To be fair my username is a bit of a giveaway. I don’t live in Motherwell but it’s the nearest town to me that non Scots know.

When I say where I’m from it’s like where?

So Motherwell it is.
I used to live in Hamilton a while back which is in the general area (Not a fellow Scot but lived there for a few years)...

I know what you mean by the where? My stock explanation of where I am from is "you know where Wales is? Well The lump that juts out the opposite side of the map on the east of England it there!"

• Haha

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Because I am technically inept, I can I work out how to do links, but if you search for Jack Monroe mp and Southend Echo the1 May 2017 issue has interesting comments.

• Wow

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Haha. Yes, that's very familiar. I do it mid-sentence sometimes, because apparently some words/phrases need to be said in certain way according to my subconscious. I cringe inwardly every time I catch myself doing that particular trick.
If I think about my accent it goes one way or the other - either exaggerated S London or too RP. I guess normally it’s somewhere in the middle (with a lot of swearing). I had a posh primary school then very rough comp where I had to shed the perceived poshness Quick Smart.

Motherwellgirl

She was training to be a firefighter when she fell pregnant yes?

Possibly unfulfilled ambitions.

I don’t think she’s ashamed of it.

When I was 21 I was at uni. Living at home and my grant back in the day was 30 quid a week.

Don’t get me wrong I loved it. But there’s no shame in earning what she did at that age.

Reactions: 8

Keegan

Fucking YES. Thank you!
Are these recs for me or my son? Or both ? Apart from the gate to women’s country?
I tbink all but the Gate to Women's Country are appropriate for your son!
Some are YA, some aren't, but they are all amazing imho (I'm 32)

• Heart
Reactions: 8