Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

choccydigestive

Chatty Member
@SoulRebel is craft business owner on the list?

Also this is interesting
View attachment 175290
Why would he not pay child support? And why would she not go through the CMS to forcibly claim it?

He obviously was not a deadbeat if he was having him two nights a week and buying him things. Why would he draw the line at making sure he had enough food? That makes no sense
Ugh, where’s a Jackie Stallone gif when you need it

ETA: you got there first @Alansbigplate! 🙌🏽

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
Thread recap addition -

She was talked about on Loose Women but not to her liking.

Harper Collins are engaged in some cat and mouse antics with her (they aren’t).

She made a bacon dishoom thing.

She (touch wood) had a night off.

Edit - She brought up this weird obsession she has at the minute about being a pharmacist. It was strange.
Legitimately sitting hoping you're not my ex, he is obsessed with that film and the director

• Haha

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Nice one, thank you again.

(you most probably have already read these if post apoc / dystopia is your jam, some are mainstream, but):

Death of Grass by John Christopher
On the Beach by Neville Schute
Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
The End of the world running club by Adrian J. Walker
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Power by Naomi Alderton
Under the Skin by Michel Faber
The Passage by Justin Cronin
(Like I say, you’ve prob already read / heard of, but I thought they were all excellent)
This is a brilliant list - I love the Death of Grass! Really stayed with me when I read it as a teenager.

Not dystopian per se but the short story ‘The Last Question’ by Isaac Asimov is an absolute must for any sci fi fans. I read it at least once a year and is astounds me every time.

• Heart
Are you being facetious? By the yacht club is the biggest house's? The only bit i can think of is the roads to the north of the station but they are bungalows, still posh 🙄🙄

It annoys me. If she really is a wc hero then shes one that's made it out and socially progressed, so why not shout about that, inspire others to progress
'Some' people do refer to Thorpe Bay Village, usually for the part by the station. But none of TB is shabby.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
My short list of books:

Genesis by Bernard Beckett. DO NOT READ ANY REVIEWS. They will spoil the whole thing. Don't do it!
The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S Tepper. There is rape and some anti-man stuff in it, I don't know if I'd let my child read until 14 or so but idk your kid!
Brainjack by Brian Falkner
Inside Out by Maria V Snyder
Scored by Lauren McLaughlin
Prettiest by Scott Westerfeld
Fucking YES. Thank you!
Are these recs for me or my son? Or both ? Apart from the gate to women’s country?

• Heart

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
I actually don't know the name in English! I started getting Brazilian blowdries about 10 years ago (back when it was a multi-day affair and you couldn't wash your hair or put it in a ponytail or behind your ears for 3 days), but the technology has been advancing a lot.

The one I get now is fairly quick and doesn't even make my eyes water from the fumes, which is quite something. It looks a little flat the first couple of days post-treatment, but not as bad as other treatments used to leave it, and it soon settles. I don't speak to my hairdresser in English though, so not sure what I'd ask for if I moved away...
@colouredlines next time you go try and see the name on the bottle if you can please? The one I get you can wash your hair later if you like but it does take a few hours, always interested in defrizzing!

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I met Kevin Bridges years ago and he was unbelievably attractive. There was something so magnetic about him. Honestly, I was hypnotised he was such a sweet talker as well as being absolutely hilarious.

*shakes self out of daydream*

So is Jack doing another book tonight? I've not seen any announcements yet. 🤔
She’s waiting for a reason to kick off about that stupid article I reckon. Nearly 150 fawning comments but no mean ones yet. (Obviously I hope nobody is mean to her).

Reactions: 7