Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
It really was @heretoreaditall2019 , it would make a great novel/tv drama/expose. People think we’ve come so far but most people are very quick to revert to ‘harmless’ banter when they think they’re with likeminded people.

As a stupid aside, but interestingly kind of linked because the article was about harrassment, Thandie Newton had a great interview out yesterday where she talked about Tom Cruise and a spot on his nose. She was very candid and it was very funny.
Just been on IG and Bella Mackie recommending reading the Thandie interview 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Keegan

Nice one, thank you again.

(you most probably have already read these if post apoc / dystopia is your jam, some are mainstream, but):

Death of Grass by John Christopher
On the Beach by Neville Schute
Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
The End of the world running club by Adrian J. Walker
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Power by Naomi Alderton
Under the Skin by Michel Faber
The Passage by Justin Cronin
(Like I say, you’ve prob already read / heard of, but I thought they were all excellent)
Station Eleven is next on my list!! Well. After I finish this shitty one I got on Kindle Unlimited (it's like Divergent meets a caste system. It's dumb.)

• Haha
  • Heart

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
Hi could anyone please tell me how to post reactions to a post ,a like does not always seem appropriate .Thank you

• Heart

Duckypoo

I love the stuff. Not so keen on Basil, though - that can taste a bit soapy to me - and smoked Paprika is bleurggggghhhh. Never saw a single blood relative touch any herbs other than mint sauce, so have no idea if anybody else feels the same way.

My top 5 herbs are Dill, Sage, Coriander, Mint and Rosemary.

My top 5 spices are Ginger, Chilli, Allspice, Nutmeg and Caraway.

My top 5 'others' are sea salt flakes, pepper, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and Juniper.
Juniper is amazing, not just because of gin. And caraway is underrated by many, glad to see a fellow lover of it exists *fist bump *

• Heart

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I’ve been looking at new ovens. Big range in price!
Last oven we got we went by features rather than price. So ceramic hob, fan oven, top oven grill, electric as we don't have gas, same width as the previous oven. I honestly can't remember what we paid for it £500ish about six years ago may be? So if it lasts ten years it works out about £1 per week of use.

I think the separate hobs and ovens are fashionable now, but I really couldn't be arsed.

Blurp

VIP Member
Middle Class grammar school yes, Essex no. I lived in Southend until I was 28. I think a lot of people who do not have southern accents get them mixed up. For instance the Portsmouth accent sounds like a West country accent to me , but my scouse mate thinks they sound like cockneys!
Now, I never get Portsmouth mixed up with West Country, it definitely veers towards the estuary like Jack. East Anglia is definitely different, as is Hampshire itself but all that area to the east and around London just merges into one big mass of estuary unless a very definite rural or Cockney accent. I suspect that Allegra and Louisa brushed off on her.

MellowD

I can hear her Essex-ness. I sound similar and a lot of people I know that have also lived in Southend their entire lives sound similarly.
It’s funny how even people who live or have lived here have different opinions on whether she sounds Essex
I am SO glad you said this.

I fancy Kevin Bridges something rotten. Who cares that he’s in his 30s and married. Not me!!

(Not even ashamed, not one bit).

I took my mum to see him two Christmases ago and even she was like, he’s handsome.
That got me all confused! Have been posting on here for last couple if days, and have also been watching a Kevin Bridges 6 part series he did about 10 years ago for BBC1 . Came back on here and first post I saw was this one. " Kevin Bridges, oh my God, how do they know"!!!!

• Haha

BananaSmith

Chatty Member
I dont understand why she says she failed grammar school. She passed the exams to get there and left with 4 GCSES. She used to go on about it being 4 and a half because she did a module in something.
When I did my GCSES, you could stay on at school and do your A levels if you got 5 GCSES at grade C or above. If you got less then you were "asked " to go elsewhere.

I am assuming this is what happened to Jack.

If you didn't get the required results then that was it, there was no exceptions.

Pretty much everyone from my school that "failed" just went to the local FE college and did their exams there.
Sorry Motherwellgirl have some how mucked up your quote with my words and I can't manage to fix it.

Last edited:

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
She said she has cctv all over the bungalow to protect her against her stalker, yet slept in a tent in the garden.
Massive hugs and love to all of you who are victims of stalking. I'm still battling on here (getting a case together to make it stop) and it's getting me down so much.
Feels like a support page for Stalker Victims 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I need wise Frau advice - I have a double oven. Main oven has started to burn cakes (at the side towards the back of the oven). Today I baked a cake in the smaller oven, this was burnt on the top. Main oven is fan, small oven is conventional.
Does the cake burning indicate I need a new oven? It’s about 16 years old. It’s my first new oven so I don’t know how long they are supposed to last. It’s a Hotpoint oven.

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Actual sniggers.

Jack, could I substitute pie beans and peas for the pasta.

Yes. absolutely

I’m personally a bit funny with pasta. I don’t like tins of chopped tomatoes. I can tolerate them in a ratatouille or a chilli but that is where I draw the line. Pasta sauce fine, that’s about it.

My mum was saying to me the other day if we get a no deal Brexit you might have to eat them and I was like not a chance.

I would rather eat plain pasta with soy sauce or Henderson’s relish than inflict the hell that is chopped tinned tomatoes on my pasta.
Babe, same! ( I hate tomatoes in general though), I always have to disguise their flavour in a sauce with some garlic or chilli, but even the smell of chopped tomatoes makes me :sick: so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like them!

FreeSquirrels

I guess they were so honoured to have been approached they didn’t read what it was they were asked to sign. Idiots!

Nosy_af

I love the stuff. Not so keen on Basil, though - that can taste a bit soapy to me - and smoked Paprika is bleurggggghhhh. Never saw a single blood relative touch any herbs other than mint sauce, so have no idea if anybody else feels the same way.

My top 5 herbs are Dill, Sage, Coriander, Mint and Rosemary.

My top 5 spices are Ginger, Chilli, Allspice, Nutmeg and Caraway.

My top 5 'others' are sea salt flakes, pepper, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and Juniper.
Normal paprika doesnt taste like anything to me same with turmeric. Coriander tastes like soap to me but in tiny amounts I can appreciate what it adds to a dish...I think. LOVE nutmeg.