Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Fellow hausfraus, if you are scared of spiders DO NOT click through to one of the people she mentions in her mussel photo blurb. I won’t be sleeping tonight. Well, even less than usual!
Well of course I had to go and do exactly that :rolleyes:
I’m wondering how much less you could possibly sleep!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
With the Ian Hislop/ Keir Stramer crushes, I feel like I am in confession.

Since the age of 14, I have had a HUGE crush on Clive Mantle.

For those who don’t know who he is, he played little John in Robin of Sherwood, Mike Barrett in Casualty, a few movies & was Geraldines love interest in Vicar of Dibley. Love how tall he is & his voice.

Met him last year. He is such a lovely man! Such a gentleman, wanted to know about me rather than the questions about him & we chatted for over an hour! We did message on twitter for a while too. He called me darling Lots in the conversation & as we Departed he gave me a HUGE hug & Kiss on the cheek..

Ooooh yes he’s VERY sexy

• Haha
  • Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
My mum would flat out ignore me if I started calling her anything other than mum. And she's a bloody stubborn woman too, so she'd be in it for the long haul. She's still pissed off at me that I've stopped calling her sister aunty, and that my daughter doesn't call anyone aunty or uncle. It's one of those 'you do you' things isn't it?

Pocahontas

VIP Member
On the older gentleman spectrum, I think Peter Mullan is a handsome rogue. He usually plays unhinged characters but he has charisma. And he played a really gorgeous character in ‘Mum’. Love his accent.
On the younger spectrum (not that he’s young now, plus all kinds of wrong) but Mel Gibson in The Year of Living Dangerously.

• Heart
  • Haha

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Accent aside - are you me? My poor sister, who is very white white, went through an unfortunate fake tan phase as a teenager after people at work kept commenting on how pale she was. Myself, I've had arguments with people over my ethnicity, with people from that cultural group - 'but you must be' (I am not) Our brother is somewhere in the middle. My aunty is also different coloured to my mum, to the point when she was dating her husband, who is Lebanese, she would get compliments on her English! This was much nicer than the truly awful slurs she'd get at uni, which I won't repeat.

For triangulation purposes, sort of oval, and not sure on scent, but if you can produce some Lynx Java, I'll hand myself over!
Haha probably! It's weird how genetics work though. My only explanation is that we have Scottish, Irish, Scandinavian, France and Spanish ancestry and that my sister got the first bit and I got the second 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rik mayall for me RIP
Rik was my first crush 😢

• Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
She’s trying to be funny but aside from everything else problematic about this... this is actually how she is?
How can she jokily one-up these people when she does this non-ironically all the fucking time?

I mean maybe it is amusing when a normal person says “you were lucky to even have a bowl lol” but this is Jack Monroe, Patron Saint of Exaggerations and Playing the Biggest Victim to Have Ever Been Victimised
Novak Nail on head, there.

• Haha

Motherwellgirl

Aldi do a very decent peanut butter. It’s very similar to the Meridian stuff but cheaper.

I’ve never considered making my own peanut butter.

Reactions: 9

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Whereas I can definitely hear it. It's a middle class grammar school Essex accent to me, similar to my mother's Black Country accent, popping out in vowels and the occasional word. It's not a public school RP accent which you hear around London and Edinburgh - in addition to the Scottish public/private/educated Scots accents. You can definitely hear the difference, for example, when she was on television with Rachel Johnson.

[I'm always asked where I'm from, not having any Scots accent at all thanks to being sent away to school in England, despite having all the vocabulary and understanding Doric fluently! My father could pop between the two but I can't do accents other than my own. I was once told at a class reunion that the only time I sounded Scots was when I said Scotland!]
Fit like Quine? Do you need a bosie? ❤

• Heart

FreeSquirrels

I hope she hasn’t snared some poor well intentioned woman into the poky bungalow in the shabby part of Thorpe Bay to boost her confidence.

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
I’m not sure David W has made 100 million from his books. He’s had 100 million pounds worth of sales. She knows how the industry works. He will get a percentage

No matter. She’s raging. He’s made millions and she hasn’t.

She’s very tired. She started a dogpile and she’s tired. Poor poor jack. Must be so tiring going in on people on twitter all the bloody time.
She's green worth envy, silly tart

byropaw

My now grown up children also call me and my ex-husband by our first names. It’s fairly common in our middle-class, liberal circle. It’s strange for us that other people find it so weird. My name isn’t, nor has never been ‘mum.’
I've called my parents by their first name since I was 17. At first I admit I was just being snooty rebellious, but over time it has become a symbol of the friendship love that has grown with my mother especially, as I've (substantially) aged and matured. My middle name is the same as hers, some of my friends call me Xxxxx and my mother Real Xxxxx, which she loves. Just a side story there, sorry!

Okay, I've a great one for you coming up. It has peanut butter in it, if anyone needs a spoiler alert LOL. Just have to work out how to add a link

• Heart