Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think her photos have decreased in quality in the last few weeks and food features far less frequently.
Only 6 months ago, the IG feed was full of a variety of dishes and there was a scarcity of posts relating to her directly. I am tending towards the sympathy end of the scale here (whilst being fully aware of all that has gone before that you lovely haus fraus pick up on ) but I would like to hazard a guess (opinion only, obviously 🙄) that the dramatic change in posting style is a reflection of deep-seated unhappiness.

Just to place in context, this comes from someone who has had to give up a much-loved career of 16 years due to a chronic pain condition and subsequent related MH issues. I have no idea what to do with my life now and am, as they say, lost at sea. I am not writing this for any other reason than to explain my above reasoning for maybe being more sympathetic than some of you would like 🥺.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
She's still on about the butter/chorizo pellets she made and somehow manages to make it about class:
1594234666618.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Does everyone else love when the thread takes a tangent that means that you discover a little something about people posting, like a vague age or accent?

Or am I creepy little weirdo?

I'm not trying to triangulate you, I promise!
To be fair my username is a bit of a giveaway. I don’t live in Motherwell but it’s the nearest town to me that non Scots know.

When I say where I’m from it’s like where?

So Motherwell it is.

Reactions: 16
I would have gone under more than once in the last ten years without my mum.

Not to keep the roof over my head but living on a pittance has been very hard. Both in and out of work.
I got this voicemail from my Nana when lockdown started, just checking you’re ok and if you need anything...cos she heard people were struggling with money. I’m in my forties! I know how lucky I am in many ways; to have her still (especially being as we are WC as they come- cleaners and pitmen I’m from) and to have someone who cares. I just don’t think Jack had no one around who cared or who could help and that child was at the root of it. If it even happened. I’ve seen real poverty, I grew up on a council estate with prostitution and drug use just down the doors. I don’t like the cosplay.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Ok now admittedly I have had a glass of wine but I think I've cracked her unwholesome obsession with David Walliams!

He has small features in a big face. I mean, he has at least twice as much face as your average person.

Jack has big features in a really small face. And as - judging by recent photos - her eyes her getting bigger, her lips are getting bigger and her nose is definitely getting bigger, she must be looking to secure more facial territory.

And who better to claim it from than a privileged male millionaire who already has more than his fair share of everything? Look out Walliams, Citizen Monroe is coming for your boat race!

(Btw this probably won't seem so funny to me in the morning)
So essentially what you're saying is she wants to steal his face, but seeing as this would be somewhat problematic and messy, she's settling for trying to steal his career?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Hello all! I’ve been lurking (and trying to keep up) for a few weeks now.

First heard of JM when I saw her a 7ish years ago at River Cottage doing a live cooking spot with Allegra. I absolutely would have said she was comfortable being MC - spoke like it, acted like it, joked about it... The dynamic between the two of them felt a bit weird though... sort of like master and pet.

I didn’t think about her for a couple of years until I bought her bootstrap book as a newly single parent. Followed her on SM and bounced between feeling terribly sorry for her and just confused.

Fast forward to now and a significant amount of experience in mental health later (including eating disorders). Now I see a woman on the brink of a massive crash.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
‘newspaper hit piece’ Does she mean us?
It seems very coincidental. The only thing i’ve seen her mentioned in this aft is the parody DM reporter twitter taking the piss out of the comments about her, but that was in support of her, unless she’s misunderstood. I’m annoyed because I like them usually.

Reactions: 11
It seems very coincidental. The only thing i’ve seen her mentioned in this aft is the parody DM reporter twitter taking the piss out of the comments about her, but that was in support of her, unless she’s misunderstood. I’m annoyed because I like them usually.
Imagine it's this one:

They seem an *interesting* news organisation. I don't like to say more, I don't want to risk our sweet, sweet Vlad bitcoin.

ETA: Snap @Harrybosch

• Haha
Reactions: 22
@choccydigestive I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible time your son is having. I can really empathise as our SB had to change schools recently due to bullying (physical and mental) and it was just horrific. Seeing your child suffering and in tears, eugh, honestly the worst. I really hope things get better for him and you soon xxxx
Your poor boy and you too , bullying is so traumatic and at times feels never ending . Hope all’s getting better now .

For all you Hislop fans, there’s a programme of his on BBC4 at 9pm

I love a Lego wink 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh Penns, this is not your fault at all, and this was very funny, but you've reminded me of one of the worst insults I ever received. When I was a teenager someone once described me as 'that girl with the big round face'. I still carry that moon-face little barb with me, (though my face isn't particularly round anymore) along with the slightly more palatable but still oddly upsetting 'The thing about you is that you are pretty, but not at all sexy' that I got, a few years later, from someone I very much wanted to find me all the sexy.

Some more random data for your triangulation @Gentlemensrelish!
Oh lovely @Flumps I am so sorry for unwittingly causing pain! If it's any consolation, I was called 'pignose' by the kids who bullied me at school. My deathless rejoinder was "Naff off, my mum says it's retroussé!". You can imagine how that went down X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Found the hit piece. Took a while. It didn't come up in a news search. Anyway, it's tit but bits of it made me laugh.

That is beyond parody. So anti woke that it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it was a joke. Wtf is she doing finding these. The charging station in the hall must ring out with the sound of google alerts.

It did make me giggle that it was RT. Vlad, having our backs as usual. Cheers boss.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh lovely @Flumps I am so sorry for unwittingly causing pain! If it's any consolation, I was called 'pignose' by the kids who bullied me at school. My deathless rejoinder was "Naff off, my mum says it's retroussé!". You can imagine how that went down X
Oh! You sweet thing. Sorry, but I feel all the sympathy while HOOTING at 'retroussé'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.