Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome!! If you haven’t read all the threads yet, I would thoroughly recommend #31....

I never thought of that before but I think you’re right. A connection in the media makes perfect sense! It bamboozled me regularly how she has as much exposure as she’s had.

I am WC and so is my husband. I don’t really think about class much but we’re not poor like we were when I was a kiddo (after my dad fell ill he had to stop working and for a long time, he couldn’t really be left at home alone so my mum couldn’t work either). My brother has a real issue with how we didn’t have any money growing up, even now he has a dickish attitude to cash. But he’s a twat. Me and Mr L own our home, run a car, my SB goes to private nursery and we have some “smile money” and that’s okay for me.

I have worked in the civil service for 20 years and everything is increments so if a man on my band is paid more than me, it’s because he’s been there longer. I think I’m underpaid but my job is quite niche (FANCY) and I’m so glad I haven’t encountered sexism in the workplace. I consider myself fortunate for that. @heretoreaditall2019 what you posted really touched me, your experiences sounded like something from the 70s. It’s appalling it’s so rife in this day and age.

Reactions: 39
Aaaaand another tweet goes into the ether. I find it fascinating that while she seems to have stopped the outright self sabotage she is still pruning her twitter account rather than doing literally anything else.
I think she deleted this retweet. The original is still there.

Reactions: 17

I know this is a couple of pages back but my lovely autistic son refers to me as his "Mumbles" and I bloody love it.

I am Mumbles....not Mummy, Mamma, Mam or Mum. He can maintain that forever.

Reactions: 62
Aldi do a very decent peanut butter. It’s very similar to the Meridian stuff but cheaper.

I’ve never considered making my own peanut butter.

Reactions: 9
She wrote herself that a "journalist friend" set her up with the photoshoot / article which was the, uh, snowflake which led to the avalanche.

Attachments

Reactions: 26
I’m quite a few pages behind and had to give up on 40 and 41 altogether because selfishly moved house during Jack’s bitchfit; but the conversation about salacious books haven’t mentioned Forever by Judy Blume. That book had nearly fallen apart at the spine in our school library copy.

Reactions: 25
Hmmm, isn't Hadjicostas a bit difficult? Just as well she doesn't have frizzy hair or she'd change colour.
To be fair, she does move between "whiter than mayo" to "bullied for my exotic/dirt-coloured Cypriot skin", like some human chameleon.

Reactions: 29
Normal paprika doesnt taste like anything to me same with turmeric. Coriander tastes like soap to me but in tiny amounts I can appreciate what it adds to a dish...I think. LOVE nutmeg.

Reactions: 6
I wonder how Harper Collins are today knowing that big scary Jack (of all trades) Monroe is not absolutely definitely not letting this one go. She's awfully quiet today minus a few 'this tweet is unavailable's.

Reactions: 21
I’m so happy my petty comment about coriander has gained so much traction on this thread! A good example of the utterly bizarre shit she lies about just for the sake of always having a little bit of an extra quirk in all her stupid boring stories.

Also coriander is LIFE. Along with basil, chives, tarragon, Mint, parsley...I bloody love herbs

Reactions: 27
She wrote herself that a "journalist friend" set her up with the photoshoot / article which was the, uh, snowflake which led to the avalanche.
"this gaunt, frail, defiant girl" - lol she looks absolutely fine, albeit ready to punch someone in the face, which to me is how she looks all the time.

Reactions: 52
Oh, we did Judy Blume last thread I think ... I lose track!

Eta! Happy house moving in

Reactions: 13
Oh my god ‘the cold makes me ill’ like she’s a Victorian street urchin suffering from consumption! Or one of the ducking Bronte sisters

"this gaunt, frail, defiant girl" - lol she looks absolutely fine, albeit ready to punch someone in the face, which to me is how she looks all the time.
She has very good ‘resting bitch face’, I’ll give her that.

But then again, so do I, so no judgement

100% on the money.

I am also well placed to see the differences between the working and middle class, and I 100% agree with everything you said.

Another thing is that working class people very rarely refer to themselves as working class.

Reactions: 22
It's very coven-like! Covens are like family and often even closer.
I am deadly serious when I say that I have found comfort, laughter, warmth, and wisdom in the company of internet strangers on here. I'm not alien to the concept of the internet being a source of community, but strangely, knowing you Tattlers are there - with your shared experiences, compassion, kindness, and wit - is a bigger source of comfort to me that I'd readily care to admit. COVEN LOVE.

Reactions: 55
No blue ticker comments on her terrifying fringe insta pic! The crashing low will surely be approaching soon...

Also why did she delete the trump tweet?

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.