Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She so hoped that no one see it that she sold her breadline recipes to the Sunday People! And then launched a career on the back of it. Weird!
Hmmm I am wondering (speculating, Judge) if the Journalist actually opened the lines of communication.....šŸ¤”

Reactions: 17
Loads of people felt genuinely sorry for her at that time. I know I did and I didnā€™t have much spare cash.

Twitter can bring out the worst in people. Iā€™ve made tweets that I look back and cringe on but Iā€™m not a so called influencer with 278k following me
I have battled with my weight most of my adult life. I have eating issues. Not major ones but I spent a lot of time feeling guilty over my eating. Around 6 years ago I lost a lot of weight. 4 stones to be precise. I worked really hard to get it off then my mum got ill (sheā€™s fine now) and I put all of it back on. When the gang who were harassing me last year got wind of the fact that Iā€™m a PT, one of them saw me at an independence march. I was being harassed at the time which was hard. But as soon as they saw me they went on twitter calling me fat. They made memes of me and they called me pie taster and pie tester. Ironically the man who called me the worst names is 22 stones. He called me obese and a mad cow. Heā€™s also the person who sent me death threats and tweeted a photo of my house and my address.

I put weight on easily. Always have. And when life gets hard the first thing I do is stop training in the gym. Which is silly as I pretty much love exercise. My mum has the opposite problem. Sheā€™s spent most of her life trying to keep weight on. When she gets stressed she stops eating. When my life goes wrong I over eat. And that is what I need to work on once and for all. The only upside is I donā€™t think my life could get much worse than it has over the last two years so hopefully if I go through a rough patch again it wonā€™t be food I turn to. Itā€™s not even comfort eating. I basically stop caring about myself when things go wrong. I eat tit and I donā€™t train.

Im slimmer now but thatā€™s because Iā€™ve had to work at it. I donā€™t starve myself but Iā€™ve walked a lot during lockdown and I donā€™t see the point of eating rubbish every day. So I donā€™t. Iā€™ve gone into self sabotage mode too many times in my life to date.

What I am trying to say is that I hate seeing anyone famous making an issue of their weight online. Because it hurts them. And others. At my slimmest Iā€™m a size 12-14 but itā€™s amazing the people who make you feel huge at that size. One thing I never do and I mean never. Is direct jibes at people over their weight. Iā€™ve had it all my life and it is really really tiresome. I like to think that Iā€™m at a stage now where if someone fat shamed me to my face I would challenge them. But itā€™s taken a long time for me to get to that stage.

Twitter can be a cess pit at the best of times and I honestly think fame has gone to Jacks head. Some people and twitter just donā€™t mix. Sheā€™s one of them in my opinion

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Aw thanks. Gutted to have missed Judy chat. Might Grunka back over there - itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve skipped even one message since thread 1 so I felt uneasy anyway!
If you do Grunka for the Judy posts, I checked and they are # 132, 221, 232, 236, 237, 262 and 266
Will hopefully make your grunk easier šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Because I am technically inept, I can I work out how to do links, but if you search for Jack Monroe mp and Southend Echo the1 May 2017 issue has interesting comments.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Babe, same! ā€œYou either love it or hate itā€ no actually I donā€™t mind it but Iā€™m not a massive fan
We are truly a forgotten folk

Also 23andme claims I have a slightly increased likelihood of disliking coriander and thatā€™s probably the least inaccurate (but still somewhat inaccurate) part of the report
I knew I wasnā€™t alone, dear heart!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe this should be Jack Monroe #42: The one with the coriander! 23andme says I have an aversion but while I donā€™t love it, I could get by as long as thereā€™s not too much.

Most importantly, thank you all you lovely opinionated fraus for your love and support with my dilemma. Iā€™ve saved copies of some of the message threads for future reference, contacted a youth mental health service, and am going to email the pastoral officer at school tomorrow. Youā€™ve all been so wonderful in your solidarity and your suggestions and I appreciate every single bit.

@Breakdance Badass Iā€™m so sorry to hear your boy is going through something similar. Itā€™s such an awful feeling, isnā€™t it? I really hope his situation is solved quickly and properly ā¤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
She wrote herself that a "journalist friend" set her up with the photoshoot / article which was the, uh, snowflake which led to the avalanche.
The thing that jumps out of this post for me is the "me, me, me" narrative. "I spoke at a party conference, I was invited to festivals, I, I, I, me, me..."
There's a noticeable lack of mention of her son i.e. "I no longer have to worry about feeding SB, he'll never have to go hungry again." It's all "what Jack did next".

But then I think her back story is hugely exaggerated so no surprise there.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The ending of that film is hilariously crap!
It is, but also reeallly disturbing šŸ˜‚.. most of it is creepy / tragic / sad. I read up on the Siamese twins Daisy and Violet Hilton after watching it and itā€™s quite a sad story. They were born in Brighton!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.