Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wrote herself that a "journalist friend" set her up with the photoshoot / article which was the, uh, snowflake which led to the avalanche.
That first picture looks like a very FANCY flat if that's where the photograph was taken.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She wrote herself that a "journalist friend" set her up with the photoshoot / article which was the, uh, snowflake which led to the avalanche.
Now this is the kind of thing that absolutely sucked me in. She's not very annoying there I don't think. I took it all at face value. Little did I know. Thanks, dear hearts, for opening my eyes.

Reactions: 36
tit, I'm starting to think we are the same person....

And Harry Bosch is ..... POCAHONTAS
Perhaps we are each other’s ... long-lost twin? Separated at birth? But one of us is evil, the other good.
My grandfather is DEAD.

Dum, dum duuuuuuuuuuuuum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
"this gaunt, frail, defiant girl" - lol she looks absolutely fine, albeit ready to punch someone in the face, which to me is how she looks all the time.
This entire post is full of red flags and little tells that reveal Jack's fakery and also her toxic personality e.g.
1. She conveniently had a 'journalist friend' who was able to help her get the exposure in the first place...it's a cliche but the vast majority of journos these days, yes even on the tabloids, are middle or upper middle class
2. The ridiculously OTT sentimentality - a life of "cold drudgery", her "shame-stained"face - she really does see herself as a character out of Dickens
3. The unbelieveable self-aggrandizement ("Party conferences. A festival. A radio play about my life") - does she think she has Mandela levels of fame?
4. The self-fetishization - "gaunt, frail girl", "I tremble at a knock at the door" - yes Jack, I'm sure you're trembling as you smooth down your Burberry coat and launch your rabid followers into another dogpile on some poor innocent on Twitter.

She appears to have a great many symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder https://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder/

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Oh, we did Judy Blume 😂 last thread I think ... I lose track!

Eta! Happy house moving in
Aw thanks. Gutted to have missed Judy chat. Might Grunka back over there - it’s the first time I’ve skipped even one message since thread 1 so I felt uneasy anyway!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Re herbs, also love coriander. Basil and mint too, which I have loads of growing at the mo. Pretty much a fan of all herbs tbh aside from dill, can't stand it! Love Maldon salt (a little too much) and black pepper as well. One of my biggest loves though is vinegar. Of all kinds, absolutely adore the stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I dont mind coriander. Not overly keen on basil. Tarragon is abit much for me. Tell you what I do love; black mustard seeds & cumin. The earthiness and smokiness is great!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks @Veronicaaa, I haven’t seen that before! “I hoped that nobody I knew would see it”, lovely to see she still likes to keep herself under the radar...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Re herbs, also love coriander. Basil and mint too, which I have loads of growing at the mo. Pretty much a fan of all herbs tbh aside from dill, can't stand it! Love Maldon salt (a little too much) and black pepper as well. One of my biggest loves though is vinegar. Of all kinds, absolutely adore the stuff!
I forgot about dill! I love dill mmmm.

I love vinegar too I could drink the stuff straight out of the bottle! I love absolutely anything pickled. I also own about 10 different types of salt but Maldon is my one true love

• Heart
Reactions: 14
But - do you say that you only need one type for cooking / salad dressings / marinades ... but then in the same breath mention your 58 types of fancy, artisan vinegars?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I dont mind coriander. Not overly keen on basil. Tarragon is abit much for me. Tell you what I do love; black mustard seeds & cumin. The earthiness and smokiness is great!
The smell of cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves gently frying in ghee is heaven. even better when onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, spices and coriander stalks are added to the pan!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thanks @Veronicaaa, I haven’t seen that before! “I hoped that nobody I knew would see it”, lovely to see she still likes to keep herself under the radar...
She so hoped that no one see it that she sold her breadline recipes to the Sunday People! And then launched a career on the back of it. Weird!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.