Jack Monroe #418 Jack's the only person not all up in her niche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am loving Jack being squeezed out of her own niche. I wonder if Grifty Kitchen will be her last slop book.
We can but pray to the fruit God's.

I think we should start a bet on how many books she sells. The person who is most wrong has to make a recipe from the book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She likes to think of herself as Belle, but Jack has the nasty personality of the beast. Locked away in a great big house, rattling around being angry and bitter. She definitely has enough books she hasn’t read to fill the library in a French castle. And every time someone leaves, a rose petal drops.

And let’s face it. She’s worn stupider ensembles than this to awards shows.

View attachment 1671622
Nail on the head right here. A cross over between the beast and miss havisham.

Sorry i am allergic to all of her recipes, its fatal. Its not a particular ingredient , just mainly slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
A friend of mine has ADHD and until she got married to someone who loves doing all this sort of household admin thing, she just had her insurance automatically renew once a year. She said it was less stressful to do that, even if it was more expensive, because she knew she was covered.
Yeah, that's what I always did. I know they increase the price by x% more than they should every year, so I ended up paying too much - but at least I avoided the misery of price comparison sites and postcode checkers that can't find my address and filling in forms and reading through contracts and so on.

Last time I did all that, they still ended up sending me a policy endorsement in the post which said that the insurance would be invalid if I didn't get the windows replaced with ones that had 3-point multi-lever locks within 6 months. This was for a rented 5th floor flat on a busy main road, directly opposite a police station. duck that.

I've just done without ever since. But unlike Jack, I take a fairly minimalist approach to physical possessions - the most expensive things I own are probably my pots and pans, and I never boil soap on a camping stove in the middle of an ultra-cluttered fire-prone death-trap.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Me too. She's brought it all on herself and I don't have a shred of sympathy for her for anything she's facing as a result of her long con falling apart.
She's had so many chances to stop grifting and start working. When the threads on here really got going during the DKL era she should have realised the wheels were starting to fall off and put things right.. Had she done so, she'd have got away with it. However Jack is so very thick and spiteful, she relished annoying us by grifting. She imagined that every penny she stole or pile on she instigated was getting one over on us, when in fact we've just been laughing at her and gathering receipts. If she wasn't such an arrogant moron it would all probably have stayed on Tattle but she kept pissing off more and more people and some of them started paying proper attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
So I shouldn't tag her in with Woolworths, asking why they once had pickled onion Monster Munch, and haven't had any since? I mean, it turns out my colleague C and her mum bought all of the bloody packets, which did make me side eye her for being so greedy, but surely Jack could fix it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just read Molly’s latest update. I have a question:
Jack’s most recent update to Patreon, in November 2020 - this was to basically address missing items 😂🫣😂😳

so a follow up question: when did she actually last offer anything or send goods via Patreon?
i think this is really relevant and I think the material Patreon updates are probably much later than we’ve previously mentioned.

Reactions: 32
We can but pray to the fruit God's.

I think we should start a bet on how many books she sells. The person who is most wrong has to make a recipe from the book.
I’m gonna say less than tit Food for Bad Days. She’s down to the last few flying monkeys now.

It was Tesco's attempt to do value stores to fight Aldi and Lidl.
Jack wrote an article asking people not to complain to Tesco for stealing her name.
Yes, Jack genuinely thought her adoring fans would rise up because her name had been stolen.
This is too funny for words... So there is only ONE Jack in the whole entire world, is there.🤦‍♀️ The delusions of grandeur are off the scale with this one.

• Haha
Has anyone else seen the budget range in the corner shops is calles 'Jacks' aparently it is linked to tescos according to the packaging. Always makes me laugh when i see it, perhaps the smol one is behind the scenes again.

I also wont buy it because i dont know if it is a link to her. I will buy spite buy the overpriced product.
You're safe, the Jack in question those stores are named after is Jack Cohen, the CO part of Tesco, he was one of the founders.

I'll sort a new thread unless anyone else is?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
This is too funny for words... So there is only ONE Jack in the whole entire world, is there.🤦‍♀️ The delusions of grandeur are off the scale with this one.
And Tesco was started by a man called Jack but yeah they probably were thinking of the slopgibbon instead. The ego on her is incredible.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I’m blocked from her Instagram now so can’t go back and check but didn’t she post a photo of her and SB last year? They were side by side and the photo was taken of them from the back, in a field next to a tree or something?

the tweet about adult height locks is from last year, but I think in the photo I’m thinking of, SB is about the same height as her - so does that mean he could reach the adult only locks too?
<insert who bleeping knows gif>

Quoting myself to say @definitelynotvlad has pretty much asked exactly the same questions too!
Also, noting the timestamp: too late for world book day, too early for Halloween. She was very lucky to be able to land on a princess dress, and have the funds to buy it, the very day SB mentioned it.
pw.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.