Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're so thick.

On the book subject, she has actually gone against her normal buying everything new impulse, and bought a lot secondhand. I have that exact Kerouac from my Yr 12 English Studies in 1997, and even then it's a 1991 printing. There's something about the pile that annoys me though, and I don't even know why 😂
Because they’re just for decoration and she hasn’t actually read a single one?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
'You're the winner for many of us'? Not 'a' winner. How bleeping rude to the actual recipient.

Screenshot_20221020_004451.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Sorry to butt into the current conversation. Just wanted to say that regardless of anyone's opinion of Nigella, at least her food looks good and she doesn't needlessly rinse her baked beans.
Screenshot_20221020-005012.png

• Heart
Reactions: 33
'You're the winner for many of us'? Not 'a' winner. How bleeping rude to the actual recipient.

View attachment 1663709
What’s the bet she’s sending DMs to those squigs implying that she actually won but asking Pink News to award it to someone else because she’s so selfless?!

Sorry to butt into the current conversation. Just wanted to say that regardless of anyone's opinion of Nigella, at least her food looks good and she doesn't needlessly rinse her baked beans.
View attachment 1663719
And at least Nigella’s eggs are explicable.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
They're so thick.

On the book subject, she has actually gone against her normal buying everything new impulse, and bought a lot secondhand. I have that exact Kerouac from my Yr 12 English Studies in 1997, and even then it's a 1991 printing. There's something about the pile that annoys me though, and I don't even know why 😂
It's a performative stack, colour coordinated as decor rather than an actual book-lover's "to hand" pile

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It's a performative stack, colour coordinated as decor rather than an actual book-lover's "to hand" pile
I’d quip it was bought from a “yard of books” place except we all know she found them in a railway station honesty library/puddle/full price in Waterstones

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Perhaps she has been watching The Home Edit on Netflix? Imagine what those two would do with Jack's overstuffed shelves and kitchen. The "edit" part of the organizing would take up an entire season of shows.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Perhaps she has been watching The Home Edit on Netflix? Imagine what those two would do with Jack's overstuffed shelves and kitchen. The "edit" part of the organizing would take up an entire season of shows.
Sometimes I have dreams about setting Marie Kondo free in the crappy bungalow. Just imagine her staring at a pile of rusty knives asking 'do these spark joy?' or teaching Jack how to softly, gently fold her hideous boilersuit. It would be TV gold (well, for the canal...probably not for anyone else).

• Haha
Reactions: 36
800 x 3.50 patrons = full time work @ £15ph
(equivalent to starting salary for a teacher or nurse with an actual degree)
Yet she does nothing at all for it. Not even a token effort- even someone with all of her supposed conditions could manage a couple of hours a week posting diary entries or something if they gave even the slightest crap about it.
Jack tit.

I can remember Jack saying when she was mentioned in a tweet by George Takei, it was the first time her dad had felt proud of her. Possible sadfishing, however, Jack, you have continually thrown your family under the bus. You are a grifting cheat and charlatan. What is there to feel proud about? You are an embarrassment to everyone who knows you. Earn an honest living like nearly everyone else!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She says that whenever she gets anyone tweeting about her that is vaguely known. It's always 'my Dad will finally see I have a real job/be proud of me now when I tell him about XYZ'

Some might surmise that dear old Dad doesn't think much of Jack's 'career'. I imagine he'd be even less impressed to learn that she's currently taking hundreds of people for a ride on Patreon. My Dad would be ashamed of me 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Sad news for Gays Against Texture, for whom Jack has worked tirelessly for a decade. 😥

PS just to put this bot thing to bed once and for all - they belong to an obvious scam account called SpaceRides_NFT (not squiggling because it has 45k followers. All bots though). Take a look at its followers. They all have the same name format, and all are following 6 blueticks + the same 4 accounts. Most are following random British bluechecks, and the same few appear over and over (Liam Gallagher, Martin Lewis, Richard Osman, Rob Brydon, various UK transport pages).

It's a scam account posing as a project called Space Riders, which is on Twitter as SpaceRiders_NFT - note the small change in username. It has nothing to do with Jack, her account has just obviously been picked up as a UK bluecheck.

TBH I doubt she has ever bought followers. She has grown organically, and big spikes tend to coincide with TV appearances, viral tweets, etc.

ETA the other 3 accounts that the bots are all following are also part of the scam (eg one is another fake account with a slight misspelling of a crypto project in its screenname). The random bluechecks are just that, random bluechecks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Reactions: 13
They're so thick.

That not one of them appears to have ever been opened? Too pristine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.