Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my gawd her insides will be chewing up wasps. Thank the lord for some sanity, though. All is not lost.

Reactions: 28
Wow, a genuinely worthy winner. What a relief it wasn’t Jack.

Nemat’s speech was incredible, and humbling. This is what it should be about, drawing attention to LGBT people worldwide, who still have such a long way to go towards equality. Not pissed up politicians and corporate sponsors.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Can i take back what i said about it being a non award. Its suddenly came up in my estimation. Sorry award winners you are fabulous!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That pic they put up to announce the nomination is properly giving me “X factor contestant kicked out right before judges’ houses” vibes.
39D0ADB7-76B3-4A48-877E-CD310EEAF3A0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
A certain potentially woollen tweeter has suddenly reappeared in the last couple of hours. Last active (very) on the 9th.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Does anyone else think Jack probably did garner the most votes but they knew after that Twitter bin fire they couldn't give it to her?

A certain potentially woollen tweeter has suddenly reappeared in the last couple of hours. Last active (very) on the 9th.
During the awards no less.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
If Jack wants to do some shin kicking and bashing heads together, I bet it's bit spicy round Westminster way tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Does anyone else think Jack probably did garner the most votes but they knew after that Twitter bin fire they couldn't give it to her?
I was thinking something similar.

The award would have lost credibility with the thousands of white middle class straight men and women voting for Jack. I think she disqualified herself by encouraging her followers to vote for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That pic they put up to announce the nomination is properly giving me “X factor contestant kicked out right before judges’ houses” vibes.
View attachment 1663492
Funny how she's (allegedly) an activist, economist, cooking expert etc but even a crap outfit like PinkNews could only bring itself to call her "writer". She isn't that, either!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.