Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ā€œThis side of Mexicoā€?! Loaded nachos arenā€™t even Mexican you bleeping ignoramus. Theyā€™re a Tex Mex thing. And these arenā€™t it, either. They look as if someone opened poor Iqbalā€™s bags and slopped the contents all over your Mamā€™s sliced up raw roasties. Iā€™ve seen some terrifying ones at baseball games but thisā€¦?! šŸ˜©

Educate yourself, dipshit.
ETA: thinking about it, Jackā€™s ā€˜recipesā€™ are kind of like bizarre unholy ballpark food concoctions
(Confession: I might have tried something on this list)
That's because ballpark food is cooked by people who may have strange tastes but generally love to eat. It's that "I like food" that is missing from JM's cuisine. Hanging, drinking beer, chatting, watching some ball. These are not JM things. And you are right about nachos--they aren't Mexican anymore than Little Debbies are French patisserie. Still tasty, though. But not JM's. They look like dreck.

I feel like the rest of this thread is probably a write off at this point. As people finish school runs, work etc and catch up, they are going to get to that picture and inevitably have to post 'Nachos??'
Of course we do. Upholding the tenets of civilization is both noble and good. Those nachos are neither.

Reactions: 18
ā€œThis side of Mexicoā€?! Loaded nachos arenā€™t even Mexican you bleeping ignoramus. Theyā€™re a Tex Mex thing. And these arenā€™t it, either. They look as if someone opened poor Iqbalā€™s bags and slopped the contents all over your Mamā€™s sliced up raw roasties. Iā€™ve seen some terrifying ones at baseball games but thisā€¦?! šŸ˜©

Educate yourself, dipshit.
Or is it a joke?! Sheā€™s such a parody of herself itā€™s very hard to tell. šŸ˜‚

ETA: thinking about it, Jackā€™s ā€˜recipesā€™ are kind of like bizarre unholy ballpark food concoctions
(Confession: I might have tried something on this list)
To be honest and I donā€™t know what this says about me but Iā€™d try everything on that list-it all looks like good honest stuff your face food and infinity times better than the offerings at UK sporting events. I might pass on the funnel cake, jam and chicken sandwich but then again-if I was in the US at a BB game Iā€™d be so excited I probably would eat it still. It does come with maple syrup. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Did they have to dress it like an annoying hipster parent whoā€™s just moved to a semi-arty seaside town with little Otis and Piper and has thrown on their Lucy and Yaks to grab a cold brew coffee?
The straps of those dungarees would be flapping like windsocks over Jackā€™s enormous norks. I donā€™t know now why I ever got confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Iā€™ve just googled funnel cakes and can confirm I will eat those. Cross between a doughnut and a churro?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I've been missing from here for months. Please can someone explain what happened with the OH? Is he still about or what? Is she still in the crappy bungalow or did the landlady finally get rid? Where has the dog come from?

I think I have about a hundred threads to grunk šŸ˜© Looks like she's had at least seventy new faces in my absence. Still spouting the same old shite though.
The dog is from the designer dog shop

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Hey you beautiful ninnies, I have finally come out of lurkdom to comment on Grenfell. I live two blocks away; saw it happening in real time. Was down there the next day to try and help. We all were The community in Ladbroke Grove is tight. And there is NO WAY she was waived through a cordon. Not ever. It's heinous she has tried to centre herself in this. I have been with you since thread one. Keep up the good fight x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 155
How does she look like a different woman in every photo?! She's perfect for a Heinz sponsor - 57 varieties of Jack!
View attachment 1643428

Like who is this?! ^

ETA: I've just got to the Loubatins (probably spelt that wrong sorry) but the idea of her zooming in and then colouring in the shoes on her phone has me šŸ¦‰šŸ¾ send oxygen-OĀ²'s šŸ’€
Do you think they are related?
3C3EDE55-9245-47AC-8595-91DB1FD9012C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I'm no expert in Louboutins (more of a DM Frau) but I think they quite likely are genuine.

Loubs are notorious for getting scratched; you can buy protectors for the soles but the heels can get chipped/scratched too if you're not careful, You can pay for them to be professionally restored but, knowing Jack, she decided on a DIY repair.

View attachment 1643456

Jack has recently 'liked' this post by Caitlin Moran but no such appreciation for her That Man tweet. She'll be sticking pins in a Jamie Olive voodoo doll tonight.

View attachment 1643447
Bib šŸ˜‚ šŸ„•?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Iā€™m mindblown if this is her little boy. Iā€™ve seen/passed this pic on the threads before but for some reason, I had put in my head that it was LJC in the bed with her. LJC a fully grown adult who might not have particularly liked it, but could at least give informed consent.

From memory, wasnā€™t the purpose of posting this pic something about her pyjama bottoms being whimsical or some tit?!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Even during my kids peak selfie times when an exploded bathroom or a pile of dirty washing in the background of their room wasnā€™t enough to stop the selfie posting madness, I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™ve known anyone take and post such a wide variety of absolutely bizarre pictures of themselves. Especially as some are so very bad and it is the digital age. She can retake the photo with zero effort. She could undo the Facetune and just post her dopey mug as sheā€™s always banging on about being real and body image etc. Itā€™ll never cease to amaze me how she occupies none of the spaces she claims to occupy. I donā€™t want to ruin lovely Freddie but-Iā€™m gonna.

šŸŽ¶ Oh yes, Iā€™m the great Pretenderā€¦
Ooooh ooooh
Pretending that Iā€™m really poorā€¦
My need is such
I pretend too much
Donā€™t doubt me coz then I will sue. šŸŽ¶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The dog's origin story (maybe):

One of Jack's many unseen but often mentioned friends: "Hello Jack, how's it going?"

Jack: "Not great, pal. Harold LEFT. I'm spending 94% of my income on rent. I had to unscrew the lightbulbs, I haven't bought shampoo in two years, and soon I'll have to move to a tiny one-bedroom flat."

Friend: "Gosh, that does sound tough! Listen, fancy an untrained puppy that will require expensive regular grooming and grow to the size of a small horse, with an appetite to match?"

Jack: "Wow! That's even more generous than those made-to-measure William Morris curtains you gave me a few years ago."

Friend: "The silly breeder gave me two by mistake! When I called her about it she said I could keep the extra one, so now I've got a spare. Want it?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.