Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The dog's origin story (maybe):

One of Jack's many unseen but often mentioned friends: "Hello Jack, how's it going?"

Jack: "Not great, pal. Harold LEFT. I'm spending 94% of my income on rent. I had to unscrew the lightbulbs, I haven't bought shampoo in two years, and soon I'll have to move to a tiny one-bedroom flat."

Friend: "Gosh, that does sound tough! Listen, fancy an untrained puppy that will require expensive regular grooming and grow to the size of a small horse, with an appetite to match?"

Jack: "Wow! That's even more generous than those made-to-measure William Morris curtains you gave me a few years ago."

Friend: "The silly breeder gave me two by mistake! When I called her about it she said I could keep the extra one, so now I've got a spare. Want it?"
🤣 Send coffinos. 😂 💀
She’ll be gutted she didn’t think of that when she catches up to here.
Hi Jack! 👁 👄 👁

• Haha
Reactions: 42
OH left rather suddenly. All we know is that something happened in Dordrecht. They both returned, Jack went to Glasgow because there are no Scottish people who understand poverty and we need Jack to do slops and that. By the weekend OH had fled and Jack had a broken heart.
And an ouchy shoulder. We also know she was dumped on a Sunday (so OH was not a Craig David fan)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
To be honest and I don’t know what this says about me but I’d try everything on that list-it all looks like good honest stuff your face food and infinity times better than the offerings at UK sporting events. I might pass on the funnel cake, jam and chicken sandwich but then again-if I was in the US at a BB game I’d be so excited I probably would eat it still. It does come with maple syrup. 😂
Babe, same. It all looks ok to me. I'd like to think I'd give the cake + savoury a miss HERE. But who knows what I might do THERE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
From memory, wasn’t the purpose of posting this pic something about her pyjama bottoms being whimsical or some tit?!
Yes it was something to do with Smol Robot twitter person designing a smol robot that looked exactly like her jimjams robot. Or something like that. SB was involved in it somewhere. He had drawn the robot.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I was positive she was forensically, painstakingly creating a chaos but I’m wondering if the terrible reception her ‘Vote Tory then but just know it means you’re an actual NAZI’ post hit has hushed her up.

Reactions: 24
I was going to say the same thing - she had to have got the idea, planned it out, set up the tripod, then got on the bed and grabbed his wrist to pose with him. The invasion of privacy for SB, and the way she uses him in her manipulations, absolutely sickens me. Adults not getting their tit together and inflicting their toxicity on their children hits way too close to home for me - I am the product of different but equally difficult circumstances - it's hard, I get it, I've been through a ton of therapy myself (actual REAL therapy), so I know that every day can be a struggle... but it enrages me that she so thoughtlessly uses him for her own ends. DISGUSTING! 🤬 🤬🤬
If I could be arsed, which I can’t, I’d make a carol large. 🥕collage of all the many “bae caught me...” Jacks. Marm is good at making a nice collage, I’m sure a Frau could oblige

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
If I could be arsed, which I can’t, I’d make a carol large of all the many “bae caught me...” Jacks. Marm is good at making a nice collage, I’m sure a Frau could oblige
Hard to top the legendary bae caught me sleeping naked with my arms around my (honorary) doctorate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Hard to top the legendary bae caught me sleeping naked with my arms around my (honorary) doctorate.
Things like this make me want to softly, gently but really a little bit roughly, shake her until a modicum of sense drops in. It’s such vapid, empty behaviour and belongs in the realm of the 13 year old fantasist brain where it can be processed and dumped out. She needs to grow the effing eff up.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Sorry, I'm new here so be gentle with me... She tweeted she stands with Nicola Sturgeon. I wish she would as then she wouldn't live in my town!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Sorry, I'm new here so be gentle with me... She tweeted she stands with Nicola Sturgeon. I wish she would as then she wouldn't live in my town!
Nicola Sturgeon would push her over if Jack stood by her. 😆 Sympathies that you share a town with her. I take it you see her quietly doing her behind the scenes charity work all over the place do you?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
That’s going in the centre square. Clearly topless under the sheet, clasping the framed honorary degree 🤢

Do you shop in the fabled Shoeburyness Asda?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
That’s going in the centre square. Clearly topless under the sheet, clasping the framed honorary degree 🤢

Do you shop in the fabled Shoeburyness Asda?
So are you given an honorary pre-framed? Or she went home, framed it then went to bed nekkid but clutching a glass and wood rectangle? Sounds right.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Nicola Sturgeon would push her over if Jack stood by her. 😆 Sympathies that you share a town with her. I take it you see her quietly doing her behind the scenes charity work all over the place do you?
Let's just say, I am old enough to remember when she first appeared in a feature article in our local paper. We share a lot of mutual friends and although they all sing her praises I've always been a little bit sceptical. I didn't like something she did years ago to Francesca Martinez, the fabulous comedian & disability rights campaigner. FM started a campaign years ago against changes to the benefits system but Jack, who was starting out at the time literally stole her words , starting her own campaign & completely over shadowing FM's amazing work. I agree it's great where there's as much awareness as possible about certain subjects etc but something just felt a bit skewed as Jack did not then actually have the same shared experience as Francesca with disability and she had really just used so much of FM's wording in her posts. I just thought 'Hmm, iffy!' I've only recently read Molly's brilliant piece & it really does resonate so much with what my ears have pricked up at over the years. Sorry to be so boring & serious but that's my input as a newbie here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 148
Let's just say, I am old enough to remember when she first appeared in a feature article in our local paper. We share a lot of mutual friends and although they all sing her praises I've always been a little bit sceptical. I didn't like something she did years ago to Francesca Martinez, the fabulous comedian & disability rights campaigner. FM started a campaign years ago against changes to the benefits system but Jack, who was starting out at the time literally stole her words , starting her own campaign & completely over shadowing FM's amazing work. I agree it's great where there's as much awareness as possible about certain subjects etc but something just felt a bit skewed as Jack did not then actually have the same shared experience as Francesca with disability and she had really just used so much of FM's wording in her posts. I just thought 'Hmm, iffy!' I've only recently read Molly's brilliant piece & it really does resonate so much with what my ears have pricked up at over the years. Sorry to be so boring & serious but that's my input as a newbie here.
Boring and serious? No. Valued input! Fascinating because I did not know about the FM stuff and the way you’ve described that sitch is 100000% Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I’m mindblown if this is her little boy. I’ve seen/passed this pic on the threads before but for some reason, I had put in my head that it was LJC in the bed with her. LJC a fully grown adult who might not have particularly liked it, but could at least give informed consent.

From memory, wasn’t the purpose of posting this pic something about her pyjama bottoms being whimsical or some tit?!
Actually, I suddenly realized I feel that I’m enabling her by using her term “SB” for him, and that’s because I just called him her little boy and felt really uncomfortable not calling him SB.

“SB” is his character name in her story and her way of othering him. Like those blogs that have supporting characters called “Lover” etc in them. It’s her son. Her young child. We are making him no less anonymous by saying that rather than the twee SB. She’s doing and has done all this to her young child not to “SB”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
@Hope&Glory do you drive a taxi? Have you ever left a gift (eg soap?) on Jack’s doorstep? Do you have any school stories or Labour Party stories? Have you ever stopped Jack in the street to thank her for all she does? Do you think her oven is broken?

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Don't mention Stevie. It could manifest another rendition of Landslide and we can't allow that.
🔺️ Stevie ❤ aficionado here. Surely 'Gold Dust Woman' or 'Sorcerer' would be more appropriate... ❄❄❄

🎵 Rock on Jack Monroe
Take your Ebay spoons
And now duck off 🎵

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.