Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1638146
I'd previously missed this bit of Jacklore, but how was she managing to craft without money? I'm a keen cross stitcher but it's definitely not a hobby you can start without spending anything. I have friends who've sold crafts and unless you're doing something very unusual, you won't be making much money for a long time.
You'd also need money to make the crafts in the first place in order to make more money....

Reactions: 35
I’m increasingly of the opinion that her parents enable her, I also get the impression big Dave will have a Billy Big Balls ego and this has been passed down to his daughter. She will also convince family that articles etc… are wrong/ manipulated ( like she did over the Jeremy Kyle working class stereotype) and they will believe her.

Most parents believe the very best of their children, I know my Dad thinks I need a shaded monocle for parts of my anatomy such is the sunshine that emanates from that area 😣and his ability to bore the bollocks off anyone stupid enough to ask how I am is utterly cringe inducing same for Jack. What with Jack’s show pony charity work I bet they feel pride, enable her and gladly accept the trolling narrative ( probably all except for her brother). I would also wonder if she has guilt tripped them ( the birthmark comments from her Mum made me wonder) about her upbringing particularly her obvious resentment of the foster children.

I would say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, the family are complicit, Big Dave is very probably an irritating egoist and Jack has emulated for his attention found she loves the money/ minor celeb lifestyle and ten years later …. Plus she cannot stop lying….
I don’t disagree with you about Big Dave and ego, but I tend to cut her parents some slack for two simple reasons:

1. they fostered children, which I’d never have the balls or gumption to do myself (plus no spare bedroom but even if I had one I still wouldn’t be brave enough to do it), so massive props there

2. They are parenting a narcissist. I grew up with a narcissist and unless you’ve had that experience it’s really hard to explain how mentally damaging it is, you have to go Grey Rock or NC to survive, I suspect they’ve chosen the former and so have no choice but to let the most unacceptable behaviour pass by uncommented purely to protect their sanity and health. Especially since the mum is disabled.

Personally I feel sorry for her parents as I think Jack has caused them a lot of pain over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Patchwork quilts

We've seen your attempts at embroidery and knitting, babe.
The sewing was tragic too.

Just listened to the podcast and it was pretty good, hooted at the Common People mention and they brought up the THAT MAN chaos.
ETA lmao listen to the last couple of minutes for their Patreon plug, I'm dying

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1638146
I'd previously missed this bit of Jacklore, but how was she managing to craft without money? I'm a keen cross stitcher but it's definitely not a hobby you can start without spending anything. I have friends who've sold crafts and unless you're doing something very unusual, you won't be making much money for a long time.
Patchwork quilts my arse. I’ve seen her attempt at sewing ave she can do one. Softly, gently, labouriously and with clean hands, PAINSTAKINGLY cutting out hexagons/diamonds/triangles erm no. The fabric cost alone makes sewing for fun a challenge. Making children’s clothes? Lies and more lies. I’ve been sewing for donkeys and my attempts at patchwork are laughable. Fine for me but not for sale. I genuinely do find a lot of my kit in charity shops but I know what I’m looking for. Quilting rulers online are about £15 each. Decent rotary cutters aren’t cheap. Neither is wadding and neither is making/buying bias binding for the edges. Show me one photo of your quilting stash Jack. I see all your lies because I am the HOBBY FRAU!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
oh jesus wept the crafting is actually worse than the cooking 😂
Firstly, CUFFLINKS not gonna shift a whole lot of those. Because cufflinks aren't a big thing & these ones are f**king Terrible.
Secondly: "am in discussions about selling my goods through other local shops in 2013 – a case of ‘watch this space’!"
Lastly. That cross stitch is so basic it's embarrassing & the frame is grubby. Also LOVE NOT MONEY.
I am wheezing.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She was in May. For some reason people have started talking about it like it’s new news.
Wonder if it’s paid tweets. Or someone has had a word and asked accounts like the Laura K translator to put them up to bury the bad stuff? That account seems like it’s run by someone who is fairly media savvy and connected. And when one of them is attacked, they tend to close ranks.

Reactions: 27
240A67F7-5F61-472B-874F-86B8B259FD05.jpeg

There’s a winning comment.
The Lee stuff is weird. Thing she is trying to change the direction Twitter is going in? Seems pointless as she’s never going to sue him?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Patchwork quilts my arse. I’ve seen her attempt at sewing ave she can do one. Softly, gently, labouriously and with clean hands, PAINSTAKINGLY cutting out hexagons/diamonds/triangles erm no. The fabric cost alone makes sewing for fun a challenge. Making children’s clothes? Lies and more lies. I’ve been sewing for donkeys and my attempts at patchwork are laughable. Fine for me but not for sale. I genuinely do find a lot of my kit in charity shops but I know what I’m looking for. Quilting rulers online are about £15 each. Decent rotary cutters aren’t cheap. Neither is wadding and neither is making/buying bias binding for the edges. Show me one photo of your quilting stash Jack. I see all your lies because I am the HOBBY FRAU!
Do you have your weak lemon drink to hand?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Quoting myself like a ninny but I’m just so gobsmacked she thinks so little of anyone else’s skills she thinks her first attempts (if made) are saleable. Go on any FB sewing group and you’ll see people who are highly expert and experienced suffering imposter syndrome that their stuff isn’t saleable even though their designs are original and the work is such high standard.

Reactions: 42
I think the re-emergence of the ‘suing 30p Lee’ story from May, including from the Laura K parody account, most likely stems from this tweet last night. I’ve seen this squig before vigorously white-knighting Jack. As others have said, I suspect she’s softly, gently sliding into the DM’s of the flopsy monkeys to prod them into feeble battle. Pathetic.

AB466D60-22F3-425E-80C7-4392291135D2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1638146
Oh, PS she quit an actual job to do that stuff too, despite lots of people expressing reservations about this being a wise course of action.
Yeah, yet again she sounds like she’s in the direst of circumstances and abject poverty here, right?

Oh and this is nothing to do with her crafting, but is yet another very interesting post- for many reasons…
ETA yet more evidence she’s always been a shameless self publicist. This is her highlighting a letter ‘someone’ wrote that was published in the newspaper she worked at. An early 🧦 🤭

94647D9E-00B5-4361-B826-FE23A7BDD98F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Hmm; so, as usual a Jack contradiction. Did she find loads of Vivienne Westwood (RIP) clobber in her local thrift charity shops as she has claimed, OR did she buy it all for herself as she implies here?

Either way, it’s what Viv would have wanted. God, bless her!
Oh you sharp eyed ninny! Yes she definitely had said that the Westwood was on a ‘sale rail’ at a ‘thrift store.’ Or was that the Nicole Fahri jumper?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I think the re-emergence of the ‘suing 30p Lee’ story from May, including from the Laura K parody account, most likely stems from this tweet last night. I’ve seen this squig before vigorously white-knighting Jack. As others have said, I suspect she’s softly, gently sliding into the DM’s of the flopsy monkeys to prod them into feeble battle. Pathetic.

View attachment 1638252
Yes, trying to change the narrative. Jack-the-libel-killer takes on another unpopular figure to regain her hero-don't-question-me status.

Reactions: 23

View attachment 1638252
I hope they do keep it in the public eye.
The more people see it and know about it, the more people will be asking about the outcome...

When nothing happens, people will realise she took the cash, did tit all with it but bought some tacky shite for her 'crappy' bungalow, the one with the second floor, bloody rare bungalow that... It's like saying you drive a 2 wheeled car.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.