Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I'm gonna say at this point, in light of some awesome new dot connecting is this:

quote-if-it-looks-like-a-duck-and-quacks-like-a-duck-we-have-at-least-to-consider-the-possibil...jpg

Action Fraud is your friend. The more Jack Monroe is on their radar, the more pressed they will be to investigate more seriously.

I'll not risk the Essex Celeb Squad hunting me down at her request, but it does look more and more like Jack should be worried about a word beginning with F and rhyming with broad......

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I think a lot of people just haven’t been paying attention either? Outside of Twitter & Tattle she’s not really anybody, a talking head slop slinger who appears to talk about rinsing beans and poverty and then disappears again. It’s only since the VBI debacle that she’s become a bit more mainstream and people have started to notice the lies, plot holes and grifting, prior to that she was just the acceptable face of poors nobody looked into too deeply. Plus, the media who have supported her for the last 10 years aren’t likely to want to admit their failings (looking at you, The Guardian!).

In other musings, the living in poverty without her family noticing or caring is total bull tit. I live round the corner from my parents 🔺 and if either me or my toddler were starving, wearing ill-fitting clothes, not working or our house was always cold, they would notice. I can’t come round to their house without being fed lunch, dinner, snacks and my mums always picking up bits & bobs for my son & the baby we’re currently awaiting, and we don’t live in poverty, both me & my OH work full time and don’t want for much. So they either wilfully ignored hers and her child’s suffering, or she’s lying and they’re facilitating her lies.
I know I’m lucky and my life is not representative of everyone’s, but I am willing to bet my upbringing & family situation is very similar to Jack’s. Except my dad has never had to wear humiliating trousers to work, only recreationally if he wishes.
The laughing is for the recreational consensual humiliating trousers on your Dad dear ❤. I'm sure we've all been there.
As have our children.... really makes you think xx

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Off topic but the 90s tv vibes are strong on this thread - a Simon Quinlank quote, appropriately from “Fist of Fun” and the thread title is giving me SM:TV wonky donkey 🎶 it’s not a GORILLA with a sore knee! It’s got to RHYME!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack's crappy bungalow must be wall to wall with Viv's garments.

She's bought 1 each time she's had a book out and found loads (in her size, how lucky) in a charity shop. Charity shop workers are pretty clued up about designers these days so even secondhand they would have cost her a decengt amount.

I'd love to know what mythical charity shop Jack frequents where you can get Farhi jackets for 50p; our local ones stick a £5 ticket on Primarni stuff.

When I was looking through her old FB account earlier there was a picture of her front room and she was tagging all the people who'd help furnish it. Spaniel Friend and another person were credited with providing her with a sofa (presumably not the Spite Sofa). The grifting has been going on for quite some time.

Edited to add another 'no tattoos on right arm' pic

View attachment 1638906
To be fair to Jack, most people are very happy to pass down cast off furniture.

The gritting was when she tried to guilt people in to buying her amateurish attempts at crafting. That pitiful attempt at a child's dress that appeared to be a bit of old curtain tacked on to a vest, looked like it had been made by a child.

Reactions: 35
More ye olde bollox from yesteryore. 2013 article.
“Didn’t tell anyone she was hungry“ from November 2011 to at least December 2012. Even though in that time she told thousands of people including her parents and friends via her blog, by her own admission her mother came round with food, and they spent Christmas Day 2012 at her parents
4379A368-E326-4FA1-A965-B02855EEAAF6.jpeg

Took her “18 months to find work” and only then was she able to “feed herself and her son 3 meals a day again”. So from November until May/June 2013? Despite all the jobs (including bar work, a trainee reporter on her local newspaper etc etc all of which she LEFT- apart from the one that fired her for being too nice 😂 - and including the one she left to start her self employed craft business). Plus multiple columns and interviews etc.

BCF15F7C-EDE1-446E-A839-6EC2F656079C.jpeg

What I think she means by “took me 18 months to find work” is ‘work that suits my grandiose notions of what I’m entitled to’, because that’s when she got hired to write the weekly ‘Recipes for Life’ guardian column that lasted from July 2013 all the way through to April 2015 and commissioned to write her book.
B9C49B0B-7260-47C0-9A65-52F46EF5A6DF.jpeg

It’s also unbelievable (in the literal sense of the word) that she resigned from a £27,000 a year job in November 2011 but was in this level of dire straits by Christmas in the following month.
0C014D68-EE4E-40B9-8454-570DDCFBD0ED.jpeg

It’s truly incredible that NOBODY in the media EVER did even a modicum of due diligence and research on this lying charlatan. No wonder her lurid pov tales have become increasingly wild and improbable over the years; she’s high on their ineptitude in letting her get away with it. Mateus mate, where are you?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Tender one, there was also a 50p Nicole Farhi jacket x

View attachment 1638849
*wine rant about the fashion industry*
The charity shop stuff really grates my spam. For a start, she’s obviously not got that designer stuff from a charity shop, we all know that, secondly it just smacks of smugness, that people struggling financially only wear fast fashion and badly made/fitting clothes because they’re too dim to go to Sue Ryder.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a big second hand clothes buyer for a long time (parents both in the garment industry 🔺 so would tell me off for buying ‘crap’) but it’s not always viable and takes a lot of time and patience that a lot of people don’t have. I don’t have kids and have usually worked shifts that mean I’m around when the shops are quiet so I can properly browse.
Maybe Southend is full of millionaire women giving all their £500+ dresses to Salvation Army, but if she’s going to be a dick about yellow label groceries, surely this applies too?
When I lived in a predominantly middle class city I’d managed to get some high quality stuff very cheap from charity shops, but not as cheap as she makes out and not as valuable by any stretch. At the end of the day, the employees and volunteers are trying to get as much money as possible and they’re usually not completely oblivious to these things. (Once when I was about 12 my best friend and I managed to get a couple of Sims 2 expansion packs for under a fiver, that’s the best bargain I’ve got to this date and I’m still chuffed).
Basically, for a lot of people fast fashion is the best option, the industry is absolutely horrific, the clothes don’t last. Charity shops and second hand clothes shopping in general is much more economical and eco friendly, but not always a practical option.
Basically Jack, just shut up and do something useful. You didn’t get all your designer crap for 30p and you’re not fooling anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Not quoting them as I don't want to repeat them in the thread but the photos with her son break my heart. His little face. The digital footprint she has created for him without his consent is shocking and sickening.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
I’m spoilering the posts from the old blog now as I know a lot of fraus have seen them, and people can just skip past if they want.
So she was already shamelessly lying in the media (or lying on her blog about her fun adventures in crafting, internet dating and other stuff around the same time as this). I know which one I’m going for. This is bleeping shameless.

View attachment 1638582
View attachment 1638583

ETA I know they’ve misnamed her, I’m not really sure what that’s about. Daily Mirror called her ‘Jackie’ around the same time for some reason. And talked about the “tiny income” she made from her crafting business, (that she quit her job to do and from which she herself claimed she was making a decent amount)
We have a frau who was on a Facebook parenting group at the time. Jack was saying she was starting the craft business and the others were imploring her to claim benefits for the sake of her son. There is also the “Mummy works” quote.
Bread and Jam sort of became a CIC (community interest company) basically not a charity but not-for-profit. I think there was talk of taking donations which would be upcycled, then it all went quiet coz fame.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Hm. I've been wondering about that bit of nepotism, actually...

@Cornelia Hosendove weren't you looking up fire service entrance requirements a few days ago? Let me guess, she should have needed 5 GCSEs at grades A-C for the role she was in?
Do we think Big D nepotised his son into the RAF too?
These deep dives are amazing, Vali you are a ledge (not a window one) ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
9D892066-8F17-4E23-AD1B-3CF51E9B5002.jpeg

“No carpets for TWO YEARS” = “the place I lived had laminate floors”. Also I know pics can deceive, but those pics of her home from the Guardian, Mirror and other pieces from 2012 and 2013 do not look like a place that’s damp or mouldy or anything else. Further, NO journalist at the time in any article from any publication, many of whom visited her at her home, makes mention of the damp or mould, which they surely would have? Yet she’s constantly milking that to this day.
2CD3ACEC-C53E-4D4A-8EBC-CC58F95990BF.jpeg

i chopped off their faces as wanted to show the floor but not SB and didn’t like/want to ‘squiggle out’ all over his face.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
We have a frau who was on a Facebook parenting group at the time. Jack was saying she was starting the craft business and the others were imploring her to claim benefits for the sake of her son. There is also the “Mummy works” quote.
Bread and Jam sort of became a CIC (community interest company) basically not a charity but not-for-profit. I think there was talk of taking donations which would be upcycled, then it all went quiet coz fame.
She was claiming benefits while running the craft business, per the Sunday People:

Screenshot_20221010-011901_Chrome.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
“Didn’t tell anyone she was hungry“ from November 2011 to at least December 2012. Even though in that time she told thousands of people including her parents and friends via her blog, by her own admission her mother came round with food, and they spent Christmas Day 2012 at her parents
View attachment 1638933

Took her “18 months to find work” and only then was she able to “feed herself and her son 3 meals a day again”. So from November until May/June 2013? Despite all the jobs (including bar work, a trainee reporter on her local newspaper etc etc all of which she LEFT- apart from the one that fired her for being too nice 😂 - and including the one she left to start her self employed craft business). Plus multiple columns and interviews etc.

View attachment 1638932
What I think she means by “took me 18 months to find work” is ‘work that suits my grandiose notions of what I’m entitled to’, because that’s when she got hired to write the weekly ‘Recipes for Life’ guardian column that lasted from July 2013 all the way through to April 2015 and commissioned to write her book.
View attachment 1638981
It’s also unbelievable (in the literal sense of the word) that she resigned from a £27,000 a year job in November 2011 but was in this level of dire straits by Christmas in the following month.
View attachment 1638957

It’s truly incredible that NOBODY in the media EVER did even a modicum of due diligence and research on this lying charlatan. No wonder her lurid pov tales have become increasingly wild and improbable over the years; she’s high on their ineptitude in letting her get away with it. Mateus mate, where are you?
And yet she later claims SB never went hungry. :unsure:

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Who is the third brother?
Pretty positive it’s a mistake and she only has two. They must have meant massive Cotswold dressers in her future dining room, or ex fiancées and broken engagements she’d had, not brothers.

ETA Clean Sweep on Tattle’s most liked posts list
0B8406D3-EC11-4F01-AF6D-FC0F3355272A.jpeg
6CE260B2-CA57-4C0F-88F0-7504C1D408F3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
View attachment 1638997
“No carpets for TWO YEARS” = “the place I lived had laminate floors”. Also I know pics can deceive, but those pics of her home from the Guardian, Mirror and other pieces from 2012 and 2013 do not look like a place that’s damp or mouldy or anything else. Further, NO journalist at the time in any article from any publication, many of whom visited her at her home, makes mention of the damp or mould, which they surely would have? Yet she’s constantly milking that to this day.
View attachment 1639001
i chopped off their faces as wanted to show the floor but not SB and didn’t like/want to ‘squiggle out’ all over his face.
It really fucks me off that these supposed rotten tit holes she lived in were two bedroom places. This riles me right up, and I’ve said this before - When my kids were small I had very little money (exact same era as Jack’s fake pov story), I had cots/toddler beds squashed up against my own bed. It was just whatever, you live within your means. Sure Start, free child places, Healthy Start etc etc etc were brilliant at that time. Nobody skint and single insists their toddler has their own bedroom. If I couldn’t afford lightbulbs or food for my kids, I would have gone for a bedsit, no question.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
People who are blog-diving - when did Jack start posting her 'recipes'? Would be interesting to know how long before her May 2013 book deal. Especially since she was invited to give a talk on this difficulties that working class women face in the publishing industry.

Reactions: 22
View attachment 1638997
View attachment 1639001
That M & S waterfall cardi is the epitome of middle class 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Quoting myself like a nob because even though I’m just angry and horrified at her this morning, I thought I’d add a little levity. This opening sentence of her NYE 2012 blog post has me howling (recall also she’s still sitting in the cold with no heating and in the gloom of half-lightbulbs gone)

View attachment 1638053

All it succeeds in doing is me picturing her as Anne Eliot’s poor friend Mrs Smith in Persuasion who had to take in needlework to make ends meet. 🦉 🍾 😂

For those unfamiliar
View attachment 1638061
Haha, Jack probably thinks that character was inspired by her life story!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1638933

View attachment 1638932
View attachment 1638981
View attachment 1638957

Jack's loving, saintly, protective parents didn't bother with their 1yr old grandson at Christmas, then? Didn't ask when they'd be seeing him?

• Wow
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.