Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My main question at this stage is how does she only work 100 hours a week? She’s fitted in so much grifting and implausible stories!

Also @Dogmuck whats the twitter story you posted earlier?
A summary without too many nasty details (although warning that it mentions CSA and self-harm):
Jack wrote that she was stalked, blackmailed, and eventually sexually assaulted by her former teacher at school. He began preying on her when she was still a young teenager, continued after she left school, and followed her the 35 miles to her fire service job as well as stalking her at multiple residences and other workplaces. She said she made multiple reports to police (who did nothing), that her brother and various friends failed to protect her, and at the time of tweeting that he'd recently approached her and SB in public just to intimidate her. She says this was part of the reason for her mental health problems/self harm

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Quoting myself like a nob because even though I’m just angry and horrified at her this morning, I thought I’d add a little levity. This opening sentence of her NYE 2012 blog post has me howling (recall also she’s still sitting in the cold with no heating and in the gloom of half-lightbulbs gone)

View attachment 1638053

All it succeeds in doing is me picturing her as Anne Eliot’s poor friend Mrs Smith in Persuasion who had to take in needlework to make ends meet. 🦉 🍾 😂

For those unfamiliar
View attachment 1638061
Also, how can someone do sewing when they have arthritis in their hands so badly that they have trouble writing? Even hand-mending like rehemming SB's too-short trousers would be a challenge.

Reactions: 47
My absolute favourite.
Saying she doesn't own a toaster whilst being pictured in front of her toaster. Which has 'toaster' written on it.
The Emma Bridgewater toaster? £80 toaster for the poverty times. Mine is an identical midl isle at Aldi special-it’s just lacking it’s handy gadget label telling me what it does but that knocked £60 off it’s price so happy days.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I didn’t really register until this weekend that her fire service call handler job (with shift work that included night shifts) was 35 miles away from where she lived.

So for 4 years where her shifts coincided with public transportation being ‘done’ for the day at night, she either took cabs, or more likely had people ferrying her to/from work and giving her lifts? (I’m assuming, but Southend fraus correct me if I’m wrong and you had 24 hour public transportation to where her job was back then?)

She says the work is 35 miles away thing in a horrible string of 2021 tweets where she talks about assault, abuse, (specifically CSA) and stalking in vast amounts of detail. Oh, and in the middle of it says that she’s not giving more details (and she gives more than enough) cos 10 year old SB reads her tweets. Third tweet in the thread

It’s a really unpleasant deliberately graphic typical Jack read so feel free to take my word that she does actually say work was 35 miles away and SB reads her Twitter rather than plough through it. I am more trustworthy and FORENSIC than Jack when it comes to the truth, I assure you.
LJC.... I don't know what to say about all of that...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The Emma Bridgewater toaster? £80 toaster for the poverty times. Mine is an identical midl isle at Aldi special-it’s just lacking it’s handy gadget label telling me what it does but that knocked £60 off it’s price so happy days.
You really got the better deal. Imagine paying an extra £60 for a near identical toaster only to have it patronise you and explain it's a toaster at you.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Yes the RAF said no thank you. From the KH libel court report -

View attachment 1638384
Doesn’t this explain so much about her? Her unmentionable bro becoming a flying officer-the RAF is tres prestigious and sees itself as the peak of the armed forces. She couldn’t top that (just being pleased and proud for him obviously not being an option) and after getting pregnant unplanned probably thought she’d be playing yummy mummy. That didn’t work out either so the poverty larp began-I honestly think as a kind of emotional blackmail to either family or SB’s dad. Then because of the trend in the Graun for austerity chic her blog took off, she capitalised and started aligning with every single identity to give her narc self all the oxygen. Patreon and PayPal must’ve seemed like manna from heaven-raining Vivienne Westwoods and Cotswold cabinets and Chanel lippies galore.
I really hope she takes Lee to court because her finances will finally be scrutinised. She’ll have a very hard time proving him wrong.

🚨 🚨 🚨 MULTIPLE POST NINNYISM

Also, I sew and knit as a hobby and can confirm it's expensive AF, especially once you start getting into bigger projects and better quality materials like hand dyed merino yarns etc. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if I've spent over £1000 on it over the years, and I haven't made THAT many clothes.
Oh but that yarn though! 🥰

You really got the better deal. Imagine paying an extra £60 for a near identical toaster only to have it patronise you and explain it's a toaster at you.
It’s so ridiculous isn’t it? I don’t like things that match so the idea of having the whole range gives me the itch. I’ve got cats. I don’t need my appliances looking down at me aswell. 😒

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Just popping in to remind everyone of this tweet that was doing the rounds just a couple of months ago.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 11.01.13.png

I have several hundred lefty Facebook friends that I connected with when I was campaigning for Jezza, and who are very politically active. (I'm tired of politics and cba anymore, but I keep the friends on, because I feel like I've got to know them). Most of them have shared quotes and tweets from Jack, and this tweet was shared constantly on my timeline - I couldn't bring myself to comment that earning money is fine, but accounts not adding up is fraud, because I like these people and didn't want an argument.

Anyway, since she's been "Hounded off Twitter by Far Right Trolls" nobody in my little lefty clique (several of them are Labour councillors, I have a couple of ex-MP friends, and a number of Labour campaigners) has mentioned it, so that's how aware of her "work" the left wing outside of Twitter actually are.

ETA: Just realised that I'm sounding like her with all my important friends 😂 They're just Facebook friends that I occasionally interact with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
A summary without too many nasty details (although warning that it mentions CSA and self-harm):
Jack wrote that she was stalked, blackmailed, and eventually sexually assaulted by her former teacher at school. He began preying on her when she was still a young teenager, continued after she left school, and followed her the 35 miles to her fire service job as well as stalking her at multiple residences and other workplaces. She said she made multiple reports to police (who did nothing), that her brother and various friends failed to protect her, and at the time of tweeting that he'd recently approached her and SB in public just to intimidate her. She says this was part of the reason for her mental health problems/self harm
She claims the abuse started at school when she was 9 rather than when she was a teenager

Well the inexplicable resurgence of the 'Jack Monroe is suing 30p Lee' guff has earned her a few followers. She'd dropped below 570k earlier this evening.

Could be short-term gain for long-term pain if she doesn't end up suing him - she's being hailed as some kind of hero on Twatter at the moment.

1665350403019.png

• Angry
Reactions: 28
The nursery staff called me their ‘star parent’ today for paying Small Boys nursery fees.

Wtf?
Nursery staff: Just a reminder, nursery fees are due
Jack: I've already paid them
Nursery staff: Thanks, you're a star
Jack: A star parent?
Nursery staff: Um, sure?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Just popping in to remind everyone of this tweet that was doing the rounds just a couple of months ago.

View attachment 1638710
Ugh I really object to this sort of thing. How is any of that connected?! Oh but there’s murderers so why do we bother prosecuting GBH? One thing does not negate the other thing. They can both exist and be dealt with.
Mick Lynch is paid the going salary for his role abd probably does really well in slap-up meals and golfing breaks. Martin Lewis has earned every single penny and bleeping good on him. If Jack Monroes accounts don’t add up that should be looked at.
I agree hardly anyone on the active political left I know has hardly heard of her-I’ve pointed out (softly, gently) to a few acquaintances that do know of her and thought of her as ‘helping’ that her insisting her £20 budget and slop can feed 2 people for a week is insane and actually how Tory aligned that is and that has had an impact.

Reactions: 39
A nursery where the "star parent" is the one that pays the fees wouldn't be in business long, perhaps explaining some of Jack's childcare woes? (if any of it were true)

She claims the abuse started at school when she was 9 rather than when she was a teenager
Must have missed that - sorry!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hating Tories seems to be a key to get yourself followers on Twitter.

Grrr Mr Mp man that has no control or anyway as he's not in the actual government grr..
Send me cash.. did I mention I hate those pesky MPs.. grr.. so on and so on and blah blah blah. 🙄

Reactions: 22
there has been no accounting since February(?) to show that funds are actually going to the advertised recipient.
The "no accounting since February" relates to the Teemill merchandise, not this gofundme. All the funds raised via the gofundme go directly to the charity and all donations are listed on the page.

Reactions: 22
I’ve just been re-reading the Wiki and on @kachoochoo’s excellent list of Coming Soons, I noticed this for the first time. Lol what the LJC is the story of this?! I’m DYING.

CED965E5-1F3B-4BAD-ABE3-08F8A0A7F544.jpeg

Further hilarity, courtesy of a donor to the TT GoFundMe

C8D14558-38E8-480B-A9A5-4AF1E3395ABB.jpeg

Well quite., squig, because it’s not like hunger is a physiological bodily response or anything. Should thirst be abolished also?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.