Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ETA: Fark it didn;t read it properly - ignore the next 2 paragraphs

She hasnt though.

She did deactivate for about a week but has reactivated and is hanging around her account like a bad smell pretending shes offline. Shes changed her header pic and liked a tweet today. Obviously Monday was the day she tried to get Parody Jack banned then deleted her tweet when he simply gained more followers.

Re: Hastings book festival - is there any proof they had to beef up security? If so, was it specifically for Jack or everyone, also who paid for it - Hastings or Jacks publishers? If Hastings had to cough up for it I bet they wish they'd never invited her.

Twitter followers still gradually falling; now at 570, 273 so a 700+ drop since she posted on Monday.
I think she might have very briefly (possibly accidentally) deactivated today but can't be sure. I was archiving her page and got the 'something went wrong' message on her page as her tweets wouldn't load, it could just be a general Twitter/archiving glitch but a blink and you'll miss it deactivation isn't impossible.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Screenshot 2022-10-04 20.28.12.png

Whilst it's quiet, let us remember the time that Asda were so scared of Jack they relabelled all their own make stuff as Smart Price and sold it at, if not a loss then significantly reduced profit margins. February was pretty cold, if I remember correctly. ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
Yes. It’s the same as mine. It’s my dog walking coat. I did love it and now I have to burn it. 🙈 Then again one of the girls at work described me as ‘a proper mom’ today so I feel like I should be in a Joules raincoat because I have no edgy coolness to worry about. 🤣

Lived down south for a long time-never heard either chiz or tiz!
Did they mean jizz?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
2 things spring to mind here-
1)That banner is pointless for both the fact of the salient word being obscured and the fact of it not saying much at all anyway. Fair is middle of the road, safe and status quo. Nothing to flick your own bean over.
2) Chiz on tiz makes me want to drop kick a kitten

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I apologise in advance for being off topic but I just made the courgette pasta from Stanley Tucci’s recipe (on topic he fully credits who taught him the recipe) and it was bleeping epic. I also just costed it. For two, about £5, no tins, no slop, cheap and fantastic, so also on topic there. Just reflecting on previous rage posts I have made, like many others, wondering why JM never mentions or bigs up any other cook / community group despite all the behind the scenes efforts made with damn all to show for it. The last organisation she promoted was Google, from the comfort of her Soho House luxury cabin. Fuckity. That’s the best she can do. Quite glad she has changed the legend on her Twitter profile because the previous one is quite at odds with her stance of things needing to be accessible by all. I know you read this, Jack. Please just stop pretending. People are generally speaking not bastards and you can find a place where you can be happy and not constantly exhausted trying to maintain a status that you know to be bogus.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
They're making it funnier by being so po faced about it. I honestly think Jack would be a million times happier if she could laugh at herself but narcs gotta narc.
Isn’t it just people who would snitch to a teacher “I’m telling I saw you smoking at the park and you’ll get a detention and you’re killing yourself AND the planet” except now they’re grown up and, allowed to tweet with impunity. Remarkable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
My husband made savloy sausages tonight. Ive never had them and was reluctant to eat them,because they looked and to quote myself like a dick, 'bleeping rank' and like something she would make. Turns out i was right. They were foul. Never again!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I think she might have very briefly (possibly accidentally) deactivated today but can't be sure. I was archiving her page and got the 'something went wrong' message on her page as her tweets wouldn't load, it could just be a general Twitter/archiving glitch but a blink and you'll miss it deactivation isn't impossible.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that the bigger the Twitter flounce the quicker the return :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Just caught up as I’ve been at 🔺 work all day.

Gutted to have missed the Mapp & Lucia chat! I’ll be doing my annual re-read before Christmas, Quaint Irene would definitely be a Frau.

And @Orphan_Black I met 🔺 Julian Clary once. Indeed very tall and GORGEOUS. I swooned. And he was very pleasant and kind. I agree that Jack is taller than she tediously and unnecessarily claims.

I see that Jack’s break from Twitter is a robust as one of her blogs. Bar liking tweets and changing her background (yawn) she’s totally TAKING A BREAK, OK.
The EF Benson chat today has given me life! Had an interview this morning for a marginally less stressful job and they said I’d get a call before 5pm and nobody called. Since I fell happily into this canal, every time someone has said ‘tender one’ I think immediately of Tilling and it makes me laugh. So glad to know that other Fraus are taking their performative shopping baskets to Twistevents (sp?) You all make me soooo happy

ETA TwisteVANTS and just had a tiny owl champagne remembering Lucia having to buy veg grown in the garden of Mallards that time she rented it from Mapp. Apologies to mods but if you haven’t read these books you really should, tender ones.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Isn’t it just people who would snitch to a teacher “I’m telling I saw you smoking at the park and you’ll get a detention and you’re killing yourself AND the planet” except now they’re grown up and, allowed to tweet with impunity. Remarkable.
It really is. I'm just astonished my employer hasn't found a way to snap them up, 30% of my colleagues operate like bleeping Stasi informers.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Thank space you, I’ll bear that in mind, luckily I look a dick in any type of hat (according to Mr A) and I’d rather wear the bitey sort of croc tbqhwy but I have been considering buying a pergola and it’s a slippery slope isn’t it 😭

Given Jack has de deactivated I’ll bet she’s writing 0 book, spending 0 time with SB, she’s furiously rage scrolling and trying to think of The Big Excuse to justify her behaviour (or at least distract everyone). Unfortunately and terribly for her she seems to have been every status possible, she’s already allegedly disabled, she’s already been a victim of abuse (I’m not for a second saying people don’t act in certain ways due to past trauma but she has a lot of previous with inventing her backstory and it’s hard to believe her just because she says so). She’s allegedly already had death threats, been driven to SH, an ‘addict’ of some nature, in recovery for an ED, has long covid, is still struggling financially, works 100 hr weeks and has recently experienced quick onset & diagnosis stress related laryngitis.

I don’t know what else she can say.
Yes, she’s indulged in so much trauma inflation that she’s literally got nowhere else to go. She’s already claimed a variety of highly traumatic experiences, in unusually (for trauma victims) graphic and specific language, to get people off her backs and continue the grift. What worse trauma can she claim next? I’m putting my money on her claiming to have been one of the Chibok kidnapping victims, an ISIS bride or an alien abductee. Yeah, Something like that might work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I was that grey at 29, 7 years later I’m still not fully grey, around the 70% mark.

Can confirm, permanent box dye doesn’t cover them for more than 2 weeks, even the salon dye doesn’t last more than a month. I embraced it.

She hasn’t, so she’s either at the salon very regularly or doing it herself very regularly.
There could be several explanations for this. My partners hair went completely white last year, and has mostly gone back to his usual nearly black now. So it’s probably not worth speculating on at length. If she’s covering it via use of products these can be bought quite cheaply now.
The shocking thing for me here is she’s not tried to promote something like using coffee as part of “jacks hacks”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
There could be several explanations for this. My partners hair went completely white last year, and has mostly gone back to his usual nearly black now. So it’s probably not worth speculating on at length. If she’s covering it via use of products these can be bought quite cheaply now.
The shocking thing for me here is she’s not tried to promote something like using coffee as part of “jacks hacks”
She's been rinsing the juices off kidney beans and soaking her head for 3 hours nightly. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I wonder if Jack knows what sweets or chocolate bar to buy now she hasn't got the twatters to ask? Can she choose which infernal biscuits to bake without a twitter poll? If she is doing these things but can't post every brain fart to the world wide web are they really happening? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.