Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that Jack 2edgy5u Monroe in a Joules raincoat?
Yes. It’s the same as mine. It’s my dog walking coat. I did love it and now I have to burn it. 🙈 Then again one of the girls at work described me as ‘a proper mom’ today so I feel like I should be in a Joules raincoat because I have no edgy coolness to worry about. 🤣

Who the duckcalls it chiz on tiz?!? Is this a down south aneurysm for me
Lived down south for a long time-never heard either chiz or tiz!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Her daft followers are bonkers 😂
Trying to ban the good old tradition of lampooning and gentle ridicule. Honestly sad times if twitter ever bowed to this nonsense. You are allowed to laugh at people for duck sake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I read the article it's from.
I don't think Jack has..

The writer summed up at the end by saying no argument is really accurate and the ONS needs to do more research... if she thinks that is a glowing recommendation, well she needs to do more research.
Me too. She'd read about as much of it as she had the Georgia Church Suppers book! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Wait, hang on, are Joules raincoats not cool?!? 😭 I’ve just worn mine on a very rainy school run. I had previously thought I was cool but I bought a hot water bottle yesterday and I’m thinking of buying an emergency torch and OH MY GOD IM NOT COOL
Don't worry dearheart. You are still cool. And you will be until you buy a head torch and fleece lined croc style gardening clogs. Then POOF! Any lingering coolness is gone 😊.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Imagine going to the effort of changing your banner thingy and then covering part of the quote.
What a sloppy clown 🤡
I think it says, Jack Monroe's argument is a fucked one...

That poor covered up word. It’s just like Mike Wazowski in Monsters Inc.

A55878EE-71B8-424E-B5FB-A5487DE0450E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I think the most egregious thing about that article is that the author talks about "Monroe's work", as if she'd done anything more than a back of the envelope calculation, a bunch of moany tweets, and a beg for old receipts. She made a point,an observation, which wasn't even original or surprising to economists. It's hardly "work".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Cause you're imaging tiny Jack in her huge Bungalow with stairs as she's rage punching the keyboard to type as one of her socks..

Maybe that's just me though...
I imagine her going off on one like whatsherface from Eastenders. Pulling down curtains and swiping tit of sideboards. It's great 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'd rather eat this than the dire roast potatoes BUT 'chiz on tiz'?? Are we sure this isn't Jack? I've never heard that before.
Sounds like somebody middle class pretending to be working class so who bleeping knows 😆

Blue tick is not impressed. I find the whole "this isn't funny" argument to be pretty ineffective. Probably because it really is funny.

Screenshot_20221004_183456.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 108
Don't worry dearheart. You are still cool. And you will be until you buy a head torch and fleece lined croc style gardening clogs. Then POOF! Any lingering coolness is gone 😊.
Full disclosure: I have both of those things but my clogs are not fleece-lined. Rectifying that one asap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sounds like somebody middle class pretending to be working class so who bleeping knows 😆

Blue tick is not impressed. I find the whole "this isn't funny" argument to be pretty ineffective. Probably because it really is funny.

View attachment 1625963
True, and it's making Jack supporters so angry. 😂 There's comedic value in their flouncing. Person commenting has a blue tick but I've never heard of them. Will have to Google...

ETA: Apparently she's a film critic. Brief scan of her Twitter shows that she has some overlap with JM, but hopefully not much.

1664905777922.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Honestly I don’t know how the squigs can say parody Jack isn’t funny. It’s HILARIOUS.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Susie is going to come through tomorrow for us with her word of the day. Go on Susie, you know you want to!
741F62E1-E83C-4191-A692-F327BA543BDD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Full disclosure: I have both of those things but my clogs are not fleece-lined. Rectifying that one asap.
You will have warm feet and be able to do hands free running, or in my case an awkward waddle, in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.