Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AM has just posted a picture of a risotto that she’s just made.

I don’t like risotto but I do absolutely love how it looks a million times better than thing Jack has ever produced. Wonderful.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I googled chiz on tiz to find out if it's a regional thing and Google offered me this.

Screenshot_20221004_184657.jpg

Not sure why I find this so funny but I really do. (Google comes up empty lmao)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
AM has just posted a picture of a risotto that she’s just made.

I don’t like risotto but I do absolutely love how it looks a million times better than thing Jack has ever produced. Wonderful.
Jack must be having to sit on her hands to stop hersellf tweeting something spiteful. Meanwhile the squigs are in high spirits...

Screenshot 2022-10-04 18.47.53.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 18.47.37.png

• Haha
Reactions: 96
@BubbleDuck or anybody interested

I had a vague outline in place for scheduling out the Sloppies this year so I had put some dates in that were in my calendar and notes on my phone as a rough guideline - feel free to follow/deviate/throw as much in the bin as you like! Some of them sound a bit bossy sorry they were originally written for future me ive tried to edit them all

28th October - start the category nomination process off - before this date decide if there are any categories that need swapping out (they've aged shockingly well as nothing has changed, but I was toying with adding another category to make it an even 10). If you're happy with categories as is you can skip this step.

2021 categories:
1. Eye of Sauron award (best public appearance)
2. Golden grifty award (most egregious waste of money from someone claiming to be poor)
3. The full moon award (best chaos)
4. The missed deadline award (most urgent item on the wonderful Kent county council Kachoochoo's list )
5. The facetune award (selfie of the year)
6. The Novak Nail award (most entertaining or outrageous lie)
7. Mission Inn Star (slop of the year)
8. Bad Food for Good Days (best Frau recreation of a Jack recipe)
9. The Silver Poca Plate award (the honorary Frau/Herr of the year!)

It gets hard to keep up with the threads in real-time so - If you decide to swap out some categories, or add more, or even have some renamed - an easy way to stay on top of things is ask people to put the word "sloppies" in their posts so you can just search "sloppies" in tattle and sort by date (it's not a word that turns up often in the other threads on this site!)

By around the 7th November I was planning to have the categories nailed down, so I would basically be like "ok, here are this year's categories"

list them all and start letting people make their nominations - last year we asked people to put them in this threadhttps://tattle.life/threads/the-sloppies-nominations.24368/
as it helped keep the main thread free and made my life easier having all the nominations in one place.

Every now and then (say once every day or every 2 days depending how quickly the nominations are coming in) post an update in the main thread of nominations we'd had so far in each category, link to the nominations thread, and the end date when nominations would close

(I had pencilled in Fri 18th November as the end date for nominations as that gave me Saturday and Sunday to put the Google form together and start working on the sloppies website.)

Mon 22nd November - voting opens - post link to the Google form in the main thread and advise end date

Reminders in main thread with link to form every 2/3 days?

(While people were still voting last year I started making the banner images for each category, choosing the colours, font style of the site and basically any of the bits that I could do at this stage - means you don't have to do the whole thing in a mad rush once votes close!)

Thursday 1st December - close the votes

Then give the fraus the option to vote on their preferred day for sloppies from a list of options (put a reaction emoji next to each option. I'd give yourself 2 weeks minimum to finish off the website just to be safe, but if you're more tech savvy and less easily distracted than me you probably won't need that long!)

As well as the website, keep any text you write in a word document - you will want a backup, and sometimes it's nice not to be distracted by the other elements of the website and just focus on writing the text!

There are loads of different website builders out there

I used Adobe spark for 2020 Sloppies but that was a pain as I had to set up an Adobe account (made a burner email for that) and I think it cost me money. I found the options to customise la little imited, but as a total newbie that helped me out I think.

2021 I used Wix, which let me play around with adding more elements, like the Crossword and music. And it was free 👍

I just went to have a look at the sloppies and forgot I'd "tweaked" the title on the site a few months back in an homage to our favourite 2018 time capsule website 😂
Screenshot_20221004_142455.jpg

EDIT: forgot to say! The cut off date for last year was that the nomination must have happened on or after Dec 1st 2020, so that would mean this year's cut off date would be Dec 1st 2021 (ah that's probably why I set the nominations to close on decem 1st as well!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Don't worry dearheart. You are still cool. And you will be until you buy a head torch and fleece lined croc style gardening clogs. Then POOF! Any lingering coolness is gone 😊.
Oh dear Lord above, I have three head torches. There's no hope for me, save yourselves. GOODBYE COOL WORLD

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Her daft followers are bonkers 😂
Trying to ban the good old tradition of lampooning and gentle ridicule. Honestly sad times if twitter ever bowed to this nonsense. You are allowed to laugh at people for duck sake.
I bet these squigs laugh at jokes ripping the piss out of politicians. It's OK to take the piss out of people they don't like, otherwise they're a victim of abuse and those laughing are bullies 🙄.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I imagine she's laying the groundwork for a preemptive attack on someone who might harm her reputation. Mind how you go, pal.
It'll be to get the flying morons burbling "BUT WHY DO YOU ATTACK JACK WHEN A TORY DID AN INSIDER TRADING?" all over Twitter because as any fule kno you can only think one thing is wrong at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I have to say I didn’t realise Jacks stans were quite so bleeping thick as they seem to be. I thought they were all either drippy but well meaning middle class women or neckbeards who want to sauce her pumble.
I hate myself
Remember that phase when everything Jack made was self-saucing? That gave me the boak. Now my brain has applied to to what you said. Send Ambulanceo’s I’m going full exorcist 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
New call into Slopline for assistance.

Screenshot_20221004_185526.jpg

Squig is probably listening to a howling and clawing voicemail whilst awaiting help:

"Hello this is Slopline, let me have ONE NICE THING"

• Haha
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.