Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok two questions. One - this photo was posted in May 21 where she was embracing some quite considerable grey.

View attachment 1625751

Why isn’t she fully grey now? How is her hair darker? Even if she’s buying a box dye they’re like £8-£12 but yet she’s grating soap?

Secondly an old old late 2020 post has an Amazon affiliate link in it (to some silicone bag things) meaning she makes a small cut of any click through purchases.

View attachment 1625757

Ergo, she has a further income stream - and if she’s used the link when posting her own book - double bubble!! (But fling her £10.99 to her PayPal and she’ll save you the bother and ‘donate’ one to a local food bank??!)

Bet she’s gutted Kwasi has knocked the 45p tax rate cut on the head. Could have saved her a few Bob!
I was that grey at 29, 7 years later I’m still not fully grey, around the 70% mark.

Can confirm, permanent box dye doesn’t cover them for more than 2 weeks, even the salon dye doesn’t last more than a month. I embraced it.

She hasn’t, so she’s either at the salon very regularly or doing it herself very regularly.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I have to say I didn’t realise Jacks stans were quite so bleeping thick as they seem to be. I thought they were all either drippy but well meaning middle class women or neckbeards who want to sauce her pumble.
Haha. What a thought! :sick: A lot of them also seem quite paranoid. Maybe she's picked up some conspiracy theorist followers somehow.

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Ok two questions. One - this photo was posted in May 21 where she was embracing some quite considerable grey.

View attachment 1625751

Why isn’t she fully grey now? How is her hair darker? Even if she’s buying a box dye they’re like £8-£12 but yet she’s grating soap?

Secondly an old old late 2020 post has an Amazon affiliate link in it (to some silicone bag things) meaning she makes a small cut of any click through purchases.

View attachment 1625757

Ergo, she has a further income stream - and if she’s used the link when posting her own book - double bubble!! (But fling her £10.99 to her PayPal and she’ll save you the bother and ‘donate’ one to a local food bank??!)

Bet she’s gutted Kwasi has knocked the 45p tax rate cut on the head. Could have saved her a few Bob!
Is that Jack 2edgy5u Monroe in a Joules raincoat?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Famine? Frangipane? Fishbone? I need to know 🤪
Flying pig? Final straw? 😝

Edit: Just noticed that none of those words end in 'ne'. That's disappointing. I was hoping to find an economist being driven mad by Jack's Venison Bloat Illness.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm not sure we'd captured the full thread on this quote tweet of parody Jack, by a Jack Stan. Did we know about the claims of additional security at Hastings festival? Presumably of the private kind and not celebrity po po or MI5. 🤭 Didn't turn up you say?! #tossers

View attachment 1625694
View attachment 1625695

Sorry, my screengrab obscured the bottom of the second part. Insert "trolls" and it will all make sense!
After Salman Rushdie was attacked, I think some book festivals did put on extra security/contact authors to reassure them about existing security in place. If Hastings had any extra security in place for the event it would have been because of that, and not because someone who'd cooked one of Jack's recipes decided they wanted their money back, with menaces.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Just so you know. I go into my local pizza place and they don’t even ask my name, I don’t know how they recognise me as I don’t have any tattoos.
‘Are you Lumpyspaceprincess from Tattle?’ they whisper. ‘Thank you for everything you do and for bringing all different body sized space princesses into the public consciousness.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Is that Jack 2edgy5u Monroe in a Joules raincoat?
Wait, hang on, are Joules raincoats not cool?!? 😭 I’ve just worn mine on a very rainy school run. I had previously thought I was cool but I bought a hot water bottle yesterday and I’m thinking of buying an emergency torch and OH MY GOD IM NOT COOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
Sorry, bringing this over from last thread because I didn't reply in time.

Thank you for sharing that wonderful, hideous extract. 😂 Have an owl + some champagne. 🦉 🍾 When you say 'from potatoes' I'm assuming you mean that some potatoes wrote the article? Poor things.

Someone on a previous thread compared her to Adrian Mole iirc. In The Wilderness Years, he's working on a novel called Lo! The Flat Hills of My Homeland. It's atrocious but he obviously thinks it's a work of genius and we're given glimpses of this work-in-progress throughout the book. I'll have to find some quotes because it's 100% something Jack would write.
It’s also available on bbc sounds

Reactions: 11

View attachment 1625751

View attachment 1625757

I started going grey at 17, was fully grey by 30. Not a good look in the 80's. Grey is very resistant to dye, boxes didn't do it for me. After 10 days I had a noticeable badger stripe. Top tip: I used to fill it in with mascara.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Just caught up as I’ve been at 🔺 work all day.

Gutted to have missed the Mapp & Lucia chat! I’ll be doing my annual re-read before Christmas, Quaint Irene would definitely be a Frau.

And @Orphan_Black I met 🔺 Julian Clary once. Indeed very tall and GORGEOUS. I swooned. And he was very pleasant and kind. I agree that Jack is taller than she tediously and unnecessarily claims.

I see that Jack’s break from Twitter is a robust as one of her blogs. Bar liking tweets and changing her background (yawn) she’s totally TAKING A BREAK, OK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
The thing with affiliate links even if the person who clicks on it doesn’t buy anything whatever they do buy after clicking it (for a set period of time) she is paid for even if it wasn’t the product first link them too. The Ingham Family do this sneaky tactic too

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
I'm not sure we'd captured the full thread on this quote tweet of parody Jack, by a Jack Stan. Did we know about the claims of additional security at Hastings festival? Presumably of the private kind and not celebrity po po or MI5. 🤭 Didn't turn up you say?! #tossers

View attachment 1625695

Sorry, my screengrab obscured the bottom of the second part. Insert "trolls" and it will all make sense!
The alt-right wankers didn't turn up BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST you thick twit! Did she show the organisers the "threatening messages" hm? Because she didn't show anybody else.

I wonder why? :unsure:

<Insert Jimmy Nail gif>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.