Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack has always been terrible with money. For those who haven't seen it before:

Just imagine acquiring all that shit at the age of 24.

(Also, what kind of weirdo is buying designer crockery in their early 20s? This isn't even a middle class vs working class thing, it's just Jack being bizarre.)

Reactions: 72
Alright, I know healthyonabootstrap is not news to a lot of the canal but as a Post-HH2 frau, I just went down a tiny rabbit hole.

Healthyonabootstrap was a project Jack "started" (if you can call it that) in May 2018. She set up a twitter account and WordPress site for it. Admittedly I'm unsure if the website was always a WordPress one. https://archive.ph/Efri6

The twitter account has 7 entire tweets on it.

The WordPress site has the following:

Coming soon page

Includes a tip jar rattle (like all the other pages).

Post on recommended books

Lists several recommended books. Jack notes that some are her own books and she earns commission on those.

What she doesn't mention is that every single link is an affiliate link she profits from. Sneaky.

Also includes this book.

Every Body & Every Mind

She's "commissioning" writers.

Charred Cumin Green Beans with Raita

Recipe taken from another of her cookbooks. "Serves 4". One portion of green beans is approx. 125g. One portion of yoghurt is 125ml. So, no, it doesn't serve 4.

The twitter feed links to a blog post on equipment but that's long gone.

I suspect there were tip jar rattles to fund this project.

Reactions: 52
Maybe the fellowship meetings are at the coffee shop. Multitasking, don't you know.....
So far I've been in 2 'support groups' where the person supposedly running the show ended up using the people attending as their personal therapists and sounding boards. I can very much see this happening if Jack tried to 'support' anyone.

Reactions: 44
[/QUOTE]
(edited - since I’ve got a hat on my avatar, maybe I’ll actually upload a picture. And since I mentioned art, it’s one of my drawings)
[/QUOTE]

wow, that’s fabulous!

Edit: to CEB1980, not got the hang of quoting yet

Reactions: 16
Was this when she sold everything including her light bulbs and her son’s dinosaur during The Poverty? Did she use “A Girl Called Jack” before her first book? I am a confused Frau.

(also “ladies” clothes arrrgh)

Reactions: 19
Oh my god she has the lyrics from a song in The Little Mermaid. She thought she was a little mermaid just swimming around acquiring treasure.
Twenty-four years’ worth of vintage Denby and Wedgwood - did we know Jack was an infant antiques prodigy?

Reactions: 47
Personally I don't. I think they're likely autistic at a guess- as I tend to do similarly- and were just genuinely scared for the dog's health. Jack is just a revolting piece of work.

Reactions: 21
Jack really has painted us as nefarious, mendacious, trolls to the Hellsite, and I think it's lovely every time a new frau is genuinely surprised by how much we're not. We're good ninnies really.
When this all comes out and due diligence is done, this interminable, beautiful thread will be named and famed for its genuinely balanced critical approach. I’ve dipped my toe in other threads on here and have to say I’ve been appalled by most of them. This one stands out as fair, thorough and fucking funny. I’ve paid good money to see comedians who are 90% less funny than you lot. Keep up the good work my darlings.

Reactions: 55
Did she really sell her lightbulbs or is that just Tattle lore?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.