Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if I missed it - the threads have moved too fast for me to read them all - but has the interview she flew to Dublin for materialised yet? If not, why not?
No sign of it yet. If I were a nefarious ninny I'd probably think it's because it didn't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
13 short videos were uploaded to YouTube in the end yesterday. There's also a load of variants on Bootstrapcook accounts being made on twitter. What is she up to? 🤔

View attachment 1615226
Possibly trying to prevent any more parody accounts, not that many people are engaging with the main one anyway.

Prioritising that over sorting Patreon out or even making a statement about it? Makes you think.

Edit: Although I wouldn’t rule out it being one of her more committed stans trying to protect the smol pixie from the same.

Reactions: 56
13 short videos were uploaded to YouTube in the end yesterday. There's also a load of variants on Bootstrapcook accounts being made on twitter. What is she up to? 🤔
There's people on Fiverr.com who'll do this kind of semi automation and bot deployment for very little money. Ironically for a so called ethical person like Jack Monroe, many of them are based in poverty ridden places like Bangalore.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
There's people on Fiverr.com who'll do this kind of semi automation and bot deployment for very little money. Ironically for a so called ethical person like Jack Monroe, many of them are based in poverty ridden places like Bangalore.
The YouTube vids I saw last night seemed to be of Indian origin. Not sure what she thinks it will achieve 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Can't help but think a VA to sort social media and the patreon would be much cheaper (and more ethical, if that matters to Jack) than all this obfuscation.

Reactions: 34
I've never been a cool girl, finally achieved it in my late 50s, fans myself in shock and excitement

Listened to about 1 minute is the Scotland radio show,I stand by all snow theory

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
In all honesty I don't think the Sunday Woman article is very good. It's poorly written and focuses more on having a dig at Jack than focusing on the facts. I'm a little disappointed. Molly did a much better job.

• Heart
Reactions: 105
I read the canal’s radio commentary yesterday and I saw all your reactions in real time but nothing could have prepared me for actually listening to the BBC Scotland radio thing on catch-up.

1) The voice
2) The bolognaise into goulash into chilli (???)
3) The intelligence-insulting shopping ‘advice’
4) The barely awakeness

Jack is obviously really unwell and I hope that whatever happens over the coming days (articles, exposés etc) she gets the help she clearly needs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
View attachment 1614992

A couple of vintage bangers from Jack "10 pallets" Monroe for you, whilst it's quiet.
Did not realise Jack had single handedly saved a food bank with her generous donations. Did the tins have her name on them?

Perhaps we should have a list of Jack’s most incredible accomplishments/claims too? Little things that were lost to the great Twitter deactivation. For example, having her recipes stolen by Tom Kerridge and getting one of the highest scores on the 11+ in the country.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
In all honesty I don't think the Sunday Woman article is very good. It's poorly written and focuses more on having a dig at Jack than focusing on the facts. I'm a little disappointed. Molly did a much better job.
Oh thank goodness you said that because I thought I was alone. While reading it I was rolling my eyes at how the writer made most of it about herself. Tiresome.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
61CD8778-4382-4703-987D-FD0E6FAA21FE.jpeg

Apologies if this has been said already but this for me is why it’s so important people other than Tattlers speak about how awful Jack is. They’ve overlooked all the costing of her items, all the screenshots of her Twitter behaviour that may have then been deleted and all the legitimate points we discuss here to focus on that. Her cult members will close their minds to all the evidence especially if it comes from here because they think we’re nasty lying trolls (in spite of the evidence)

But if it’s gaining traction and other people are speaking about it then surely that’s a good thing?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
I agree. It's good word is getting out there, but it felt like that article was a bit too personal. I get that it's natural to feel pissed off etc about the situation, especially if you yourself have donated to her, but retaining a level of detachment is important to avoid looking purely like you're sniping. Molly is fab because she's there with the words straight from Jack's mouth. Nothing personal.

Thinking of asking I be referred to as Cool Girl Cookie from now on anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Agreed. Plus, it doesn't seem to have been proof-read by anyone who knows what they are doing (if at all.)

Edit - please feel free to correct my grammar 😔👀😬

• Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1614992

A couple of vintage bangers from Jack "10 pallets" Monroe for you, whilst it's quiet.
Three brackets around her name, I thought her lawyer was Jewish not her? (For the uninitiated the far right used to use the three brackets around someone's name online to indicate they were or were suspected to be Jewish, actual Jewish people have since repurposed it)

• Wow
Reactions: 54
I think the bit about that being the leading luxury magazine for women in their 30s is in the author’s head. She has byline credits for most of the articles on the site. It wasn’t a good article.

Final word on the cocaine thing (before we get told off by the mods again) - the only reason it came up was bringing lived - and past - experience to speculating about Jack and ❄

No one was saying it was a great thing to do

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I'm not a regular cow I'm a cool cow! Gonna wear my cool girl badge with pride. Similarly to @MaineCoonMama I think the only person who has ever called me cool is my mum. Also agree re sunday woman article, bit too personal for my liking, more of a rant than anything else which tbf we've all done on here but not in the press.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
View attachment 1614992

I know these tweets are old but why the brackets around her name? I’m pretty sure that’s an online anti-Semitic dogwhistle used ironically by Jewish people in their usernames. (See: actor Joshua Molina) Jack’s not Jewish, right? Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Three brackets around her name, I thought her lawyer was Jewish not her? (For the uninitiated the far right used to use the three brackets around someone's name online to indicate they were or were suspected to be Jewish, actual Jewish people have since repurposed it)
There was a phase when non-Jewish people were using it as well, as a sign of solidarity and to help obscure the far right's targets - if everyone has ((())) round their name, how do they know who's actually Jewish?

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.