Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's down as *checks notes* £290 Baywood 33 drawer tea chest (Wayfair)
Although looking at it again it's £313 today and the RRP is £429 🤔
I think Wayfair prices fluctuate a lot based upon stock availability similar to how Amazon dynamically price, I believe they also act as a listing platform for lots of third party traders too? But undoubtedly the price would be low hundreds.

Also not seen the cool girl tweet on Twitter so no idea who it’s from but feels weird that you’d stan Jack but still keep up here in somewhat real time, and even weirder that u can’t tell the difference between consuming a problematic product and being complicit in perpetuating big DrugsTM/big tinned pineapple’s TM agenda for personal gain? We are all somewhat complicit in global atrocities under capitalism whether it’s my cool girl Diesel car or cool girl clothes made by garment workers in tit employment situations, or cool girl smart phones with bits of metal mined by kids, or cool girl Cadbury’s with child labour in their supply chain, or cool girl milk, or cool girl beef, cool girl avocados and quinoa, the list is really endless but it’s v easy to clutch ur pearls over drug (mis)use as one of her Tory stans. There’s a huge difference between existing/surviving under capitalism and profiteering from it, none of us afaik are trading our ill-gotten reputation as a “good guyTM” to get paid stacks to promote human rights violations products. Nor choosing to pitch them as the better choice worth ✨the splurge✨ to an arguably vulnerable if not just nice but dim audience the size of some tit glasto tent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 106
Can anyone explain why so many in the Labour party leap to the defence of this woman?

When her recipes offer a calorific intake equivalent to the early stages of the Warsaw Ghetto or the Siege of Stalingrad.

I mean they are great for middle class types wanting to lose weight...
While lecturing the poor...

But if she were really serious: wouldn't she at least factor in roll ups, Scrumpy Jack and whatever the cheapest biscuits are to stave off the hunger... while she pretends to wait for the next dole day....

Or in her case Patreon and BBC appearance fees.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Didn't happen. If it did, there'd have been pictures of said pallets with her name plastered all over them. Not that she likes the publicity.
You know when cans still in the cardboard tray with plastic wrap with maybe 12 cans in a tray. Maybe she calls that a pallet? Because we know she doesn't really know much about the way the world works.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Also not seen the cool girl tweet on Twitter so no idea who it’s from but feels weird that you’d stan Jack but still keep up here in somewhat real time, and even weirder that u can’t tell the difference between consuming a problematic product and being complicit in perpetuating big DrugsTM/big tinned pineapple’s TM agenda for personal gain? We are all somewhat complicit in global atrocities under capitalism whether it’s my cool girl Diesel car or cool girl clothes made by garment workers in tit employment situations, or cool girl smart phones with bits of metal mined by kids, or cool girl Cadbury’s with child labour in their supply chain, or cool girl milk, or cool girl beef, cool girl avocados and quinoa, the list is really endless but it’s v easy to clutch ur pearls over drug (mis)use as one of her Tory stans. There’s a huge difference between existing/surviving under capitalism and profiteering from it, none of us afaik are trading our ill-gotten reputation as a “good guyTM” to get paid stacks to promote human rights violations products. Nor choosing to pitch them as the better choice worth ✨the splurge✨ to an arguably vulnerable if not just nice but dim audience the size of some tit glasto tent. 🤷🏻‍♀️
And also multiple people have in the past mentioned the cartel/violence/massacres aspects of cocaine production, AND it seems quite unkind to dismiss people as some wannabe cool clique when everyone here is being honest about mostly past drug use that is mostly discussed neutrally or negatively. The informative, open, and supportive nature of all the substance use discussion here is really refreshing (coming from the NHS 🔺️ where my fellow professionals can still be so gott verdammt judgemental). Particularly small minded of that Twitter-er given how much of the discussion is around addiction/recovery - why are they demanding nuance while showing none of their own.

And even if people here WERE banging on about how bleeping cool they are for doing drugs, AND?! So what?! Jack has proudly made herself the poster child for one kind of substance use, and talks about it ALL THE TIME, of course substance use is going to get discussed.

Signed, a Definitely Not Cool Girl whose substance usage has been confined to what I have been offered for free in nightlife toilets in Leeds (should I publish this as a budgeting hack)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Can anyone explain why so many in the Labour party leap to the defence of this woman?

When her recipes offer a calorific intake equivalent to the early stages of the Warsaw Ghetto or the Siege of Stalingrad.

I mean they are great for middle class types wanting to lose weight...
While lecturing the poor...

But if she were really serious: wouldn't she at least factor in roll ups, Scrumpy Jack and whatever the cheapest biscuits are to stave off the hunger... while she pretends to wait for the next dole day....

Or in her case Patreon and BBC appearance fees.
I think it's because if you take her at face value - using her own experience to make and share cheap recipes, campaigning and raising money for food banks...then she is one of the "good guys".

It's only when you start putting statements together, noticing the lack of follow up etc.

And she's not really worth much more thought from most people so they don't do their due diligence. And none of them will be making her recipes.

I maintain that most people just don't care enough about her to give her any scrutiny.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Apologies if I missed it - the threads have moved too fast for me to read them all - but has the interview she flew to Dublin for materialised yet? If not, why not?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Of all the stocktake items, the one that sticks in my mind is Jack spending over £1,000 on baubles. There's something surreal about it. Why is she gathering so many? Does the pumble eat them?

She had a phone in appearance on radio Scotland. She, according to reports, sounded more nasally than Mr Big Nose Of Huge Honkershire.
She was also very mumbly and droned on about checking that all her cupboards contain food before going out to buy food. There was some horrifying advice about recycling meals that involved making a chilli into a goulash and adding chocolate, or perhaps a splodge of monkfish, and blending burgers into soup. (Note: the monkfish might exist only in my imagination. My mind wasn't working by that point & other listeners will be able to clarify the details.) Anyway, the suggestions reminded some people of the human centipede but dwelling on this is bad for our collective mental health. Jack's mumbling speech was punctuated by inexplicable bursts of laughter. The listening experience was like drifting in and out of consciousness, or falling asleep and being jolted awake by a twitching limb.

Also worth restating that Jack talked about 'cooking for one' a few times, and fraus noticed this was odd considering she's supposedly a single parent. 🧐

She didn't *actually* say that she bought 10 pallets, she just implied it!
Maybe she was asking a question. Who ordered the pallets? #notjack

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Glad that sunday woman article was here. I left my phone down last night and i saw this morning i had loads of news tabs. I swiped them a way just as i saw that article. I had a quick read. Oh dear!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you to @Ooointitot for the thread title, nominating @ChickenPorridge ’s words. You both win one egg, to share.

Recap of last thread:

Jack has been the subject of a podcast (Blocked and Reported) and a Sunday Woman article. She is still off Twitter.

(please add to this if you wish!)
Apparently, we're all coke heads and hypocrites for complaining about the Man From Del Monte 🍑

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Pretty clear Jack Monroe has employed the use of bot services to try and whitewash the Twitter timeliness. The irony of her flying monkeys talking about coordinated bots..... 🤣🤣

I'm looking forward to seeing new Patreon numbers, and it's obvious that Jack hadn't been anything like as prominent a "talking head" as previously, even more so right now just as you'd expect her to be everywhere.

FTJbIF5UUBEYIAZ.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
@That Forensic Man some more items triangulated.

Ted Baker pyjamas - similar sets are £49 on their site.

The candlesticks/holders are H&M, total cost around £100.

Lip filler is about £250 a ml. As a former lip filler frau I would say she's getting at least 1ml at least twice a year.

If memory serves the veg planters are VegTrugs. Currently £100 on Amazon but full RRP is £140. Unsure how many she has.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
So we are Cool Girls now? That's a first for me! I don't think anyone here is talking about their past or current substance use with pride. There's hundreds of people following these threads and some of us will have engaged in that at some point in time. When it's relevant to Jack events, we reflect on good and bad parts of ourselves, our own lives, with honesty.

Difference between us and Jack is that we don't lie and pretend to be oh so holier than thou, and say we only engage with companies that pay fair wages and who will make charitable donations. We also don't profit from dodgy companies while spinning that lie. It's not the same, squig. Do keep up pet. xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 107
She spoke at the Labour party conference last year, and turned up late, but to be honest, since then, I’ve not seen anyone from the Labour party sticking up for her*. She also spoke at the Tory conference last year. Makes you think.

* happy to be corrected if I’m wrong about this

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Of all the stocktake items, the one that sticks in my mind is Jack spending over £1,000 on baubles. There's something surreal about it. Why is she gathering so many? Does the pumble eat them?

She was also very mumbly and droned on about checking that all her cupboards contain food before going out to buy food. There was some horrifying advice about recycling meals that involved making a chilli into a goulash and adding chocolate, or perhaps a splodge of monkfish, and blending burgers into soup. (Note: the monkfish might exist only in my imagination. My mind wasn't working by that point & other listeners will be able to clarify the details.) Anyway, the suggestions reminded some people of the human centipede but dwelling on this is bad for our collective mental health. Jack's mumbling speech was punctuated by inexplicable bursts of laughter. The listening experience was like drifting in and out of consciousness, or falling asleep and being jolted awake by a twitching limb.

Also worth restating that Jack talked about 'cooking for one' a few times, and fraus noticed this was odd considering she's supposedly a single parent. 🧐

Maybe she was asking a question. Who ordered the pallets? #notjack

Re the baubles, I think it is almost an annual event, she picks a theme for the tree and splurges. Different colour way different year

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
13 short videos were uploaded to YouTube in the end yesterday. There's also a load of variants on Bootstrapcook accounts being made on twitter. What is she up to? 🤔

Screenshot_20220930-072839_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
So I did various searches for variations on a theme of bootstrapcook bbc scotland/radio scotland and jack monroe bbc scotland/radio scotland
Sorted by date for latest.

She was on the radio in May

1664519066467.png

Not sure what this was about but it's obviously not a response to her latest appearance
1664518993780.png

There's more recent engagement for "jack Monroe bbc scotland" but it's all critical

1664519281280.png

1664519360453.png

This has been on here before but I thought it was worth including it for completeness, it's the only tweet under this search term

1664519646091.png

So she's now not getting any positive social media traction connected to her appearances, and bookers do notice this when they're making bookings. I think her media stuff is softly, gently falling away.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.